Suns @ Pelicans Friday game thread 12-9-2022

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trade Bridges and the picks to OKC for SGA, at least then we'd have something to show for it in a year or two although it won't get us any closer to a ring. We're toast until CP3 is off the books. AFAIC JJ can make use of Bridges and those picks for our future or he can waste them for a better looking loser, I choose the future.

That’s ideal I’d give up the farm for SGA.

You don’t think SGA makes us contenders?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of negative to talk about but I was impressed with what Paul, Ayton and Craig brought to the table last night with Landale and Lee off the bench.

Craig, Lee and Landale were not expected to be significant contributors.

That did look like Chris Paul out there.

Defense and rebounding were big problems with the Pelicans size.
Overall the players played well enough yesterday for us to win that game if we had average Booker.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s ideal I’d give up the farm for SGA.

You don’t think SGA makes us contenders?
I wish I did. If we could trade Crowder, Saric and our picks for him, I think it would put us as close to contending status as we can hope to get with this group. But if it costs us Bridges too, it's still worth doing but I think the value lies mostly in giving us a new core to work with when CP3 is off the books (and off the roster).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overall the players played well enough yesterday for us to win that game if we had average Booker.

I don't know what's going on behind the scene but Devin Booker was carrying the Suns up until the Mavericks game.

Maybe he ran out of gas before reinforcements arrived.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what's going on behind the scene but Devin Booker was carrying the Suns up until the Mavericks game.

Maybe he ran out of gas before reinforcements arrived.
I have no idea but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Covid is running through the team once again. Booker looked off even before he hurt his ankle. If it's C19, maybe they could stop hanging out at Covid parties or something? If it's just typical Booker playing great and then playing horribly, well, that's a problem without a pleasant solution.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Covid is running through the team once again. Booker looked off even before he hurt his ankle. If it's C19, maybe they could stop hanging out at Covid parties or something? If it's just typical Booker playing great and then playing horribly, well, that's a problem without a pleasant solution.

I don't remember Booker not playing up to his standards for three games in a row. Something is going on.

Personally, I get upset James Jones did not upgrade the team more in the off season knowing Crowder was out so the Suns could better weather the storm. Also, another shooter/ball handler never arrived either.

I'm still hoping come December 15th, he strengthens the team. Ayton can't be out there alone with bigger front lines. This dates back to the Finals with the Bucks. Sadly, Dario doesn't look like he will ever be the same player.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This may be the video between Jose Alvarado and Chris Paul making the rounds.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This may be the video between Jose Alvarado and Chris Paul making the rounds.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Really? That’s it? I mean jerky play by Paul but it’s a lot about nothing there. Paul didn’t even really land anything.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? That’s it? I mean jerky play by Paul but it’s a lot about nothing there. Paul didn’t even really land anything.

I don't want to minimize it but it was message tap so to speak. It was not an attempt to injure.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't want to minimize it but it was message tap so to speak. It was not an attempt to injure.
Yeah, I actually wish Paul wouldn’t do that to Alvarado. I have the little rat, but he’s a good player because he’s good and a pest. Paul should recognize that and, in my opinion, have a little more respect for the youngster. Yeah he’s taking your lunch money, you gotta respect that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I actually wish Paul wouldn’t do that to Alvarado. I have the little rat, but he’s a good player because he’s good and a pest. Paul should recognize that and, in my opinion, have a little more respect for the youngster. Yeah he’s taking your lunch money, you gotta respect that.

I'm not so sure Alvarado didn't do something to deserve it. He is very theatrical.

I do like him as a player. Wish he were on the Suns roster.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh that’s more chippy dirty than dirty dirty imo
I grew up in a time when poor sportsmanship was synonymous with "dirty play" so I still think in those terms. But yeah, if you consider dirty play to only mean trying to injure an opponent, neither of them are dirty.