Suns Off-season Thread

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Then Booker is stupid. Knock her up. Knock her up. :lol:

I figured a long time ago to expect very little and that way I am surprised if something happens. Every single time I got my hopes up about a huge FA?

Major disappointment.
NBA guys are supposed to have lots of baby mommas.....

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dang… KD to Phoenix is ALL OVER Suns Twitter right now. Talk about overconfidence. We’re going to have some ticked off people on 8 days.
I don't know that it is overconfidence.

Where else is he going to go?

Clippers maybe - but that would have to be for George or Kwahi I would think. I guess maybe there is an outside chance of Miami.

Suns seems most likely to me.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't know that it is overconfidence.

Where else is he going to go?

Clippers maybe - but that would have to be for George or Kwahi I would think. I guess maybe there is an outside chance of Miami.

Suns seems most likely to me.
Brooklyn seems most likely to me.

Reaction score
I wish those people would get over their superstar lust and accept the team they have. It doesn't deserve to be blown up, only tinkered with. Now that we know that Chris Paul was sick during the semifinals, we can suppose the team probably would have otherwise pulled out game 7 rather than getting humiliated. Is this non-fan the only person who supposes the current team is worthy, and even wonders if the problems with DeAndre Ayton might actually be solved without dumping him?

And was Kevin Durant great enough to will the Nets past the Celtics? Or lead the Thunder to a single title alongside James Harden and Russell Westbrook? Why couldn't he win until he leaned on Stephen Curry?

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish those people would get over their superstar lust and accept the team they have. It doesn't deserve to be blown up, only tinkered with. Now that we know that Chris Paul was sick during the semifinals, we can suppose the team probably would have otherwise pulled out game 7 rather than getting humiliated. Is this non-fan the only person who supposes the current team is worthy, and even wonders if the problems with DeAndre Ayton might actually be solved without dumping him?

And was Kevin Durant great enough to will the Nets past the Celtics? Or lead the Thunder to a single title alongside James Harden and Russell Westbrook? Why couldn't he win until he leaned on Stephen Curry?
Durant had no help and the answer is on the right team? Yes. Moving Ayton and adding Kevin Durant would be a massive upgrade. Between Booker, CP3 and Durant? Who could stop that team? It would be really difficult to shutdown all three. Sign me up twice for that.

Having said that, it's not going to happen IMO. I am just anxious to see what the Suns are going to do to improve the roster. The Mavs who beat us just got a huge peace and are even better. If the Suns run back this roster this run is done.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant had no help and the answer is on the right team? Yes. Moving Ayton and adding Kevin Durant would be a massive upgrade. Between Booker, CP3 and Durant? Who could stop that team? It would be really difficult to shutdown all three. Sign me up twice for that.

Having said that, it's not going to happen IMO. I am just anxious to see what the Suns are going to do to improve the roster. The Mavs who beat us just got a huge peace and are even better. If the Suns run back this roster this run is done.
This run might be done if we bring back the roster but it won't be because the Mavericks improved. They beat us, I don't mean to take anything away from that but we are a better team than Dallas. I'm far more concerned about Memphis, Boston and Golden State.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This run might be done if we bring back the roster but it won't be because the Mavericks improved. They beat us, I don't mean to take anything away from that but we are a better team than Dallas. I'm far more concerned about Memphis, Boston and Golden State.
I could have bought that argument before the Mavs acquired Wood. Wood shores up a huge part of their team and at the very least draws them even with us IMO. The fact they already beat us gives them the edge. I don't see us getting past Golden State or the Mavs without an upgraded roster.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could have bought that argument before the Mavs acquired Wood. Wood shores up a huge part of their team and at the very least draws them even with us IMO. The fact they already beat us gives them the edge. I don't see us getting past Golden State or the Mavs without an upgraded roster.

If the Mavericks keep Brunson they are definitely improved.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends. I think they can get away with someone serviceable even if they lost him because Luca is so ball dominate

Even Tim Hardaway Jr. was out injured for the Mavericks. It's hard to see them not being better.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The reason people have superstar lust is pretty much only teams with superstars win titles.

Suns don't currently have one, although there is an outside shot Booker could get to that level.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see how. Unless you're saying their 4 wins are all that matters and our 13 wins over our past 17 matchups (or whatever it is) mean nothing. Yeah, I know postseason is different but they had no chance to lose in the postseason until this year as they hadn't made it since Dirk was viable. They are a decent team, they are slightly better with Wood. Wood could be great but he's even more undependable than DA and by quite a margin.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd also add that Wood isn't a surefire upgrade. Look at how Luka played with Porzingis. Wood and Porzingis have similar offensive games being stretch bigs. KP looked a hell of a lot better when he didn't have Luka dominating the ball. The only players who have done well with Luka are guys who create their own offense, Dinwiddie, Brunson, and Tim Hardaway Jr.

There's a reason Houston gave him away for essentially nothing and Detroit let him walk. He won't be a 20 & 10 player in Dallas.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The reason people have superstar lust is pretty much only teams with superstars win titles.

Suns don't currently have one, although there is an outside shot Booker could get to that level.
Book is a perennial All-Star and All-NBA First team. He's a superstar.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Book is a perennial All-Star and All-NBA First team. He's a superstar.
I love Book, but he isn't a superstar.

A superstar is the highest tier of player, a Book simply isn't at the same level of player as a Luka/Giannis/Jokic/Embiid/Durant...even a Steph.

Book is a star, but not a superstar.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I love Book, but he isn't a superstar.

A superstar is the highest tier of player, a Book simply isn't at the same level of player as a Luka/Giannis/Jokic/Embiid/Durant...even a Steph.

Book is a star, but not a superstar.
All NBA first team isn't enough of a qualifier? He's got more accolades than Luka.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
no.

Uh, what? Luka made first team ALL NBA the last 3 years. Luka is undoubtedly on a different level than Booker right now.

You honestly think Booker is as good as Luka/Giannis/Jokic/Embiid/Durant/Steph?

Agreed. I know we hate Luka and the Mavs, but he dragged a team full of C+ players past the best team in the regular season to the Western Conference Finals.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All NBA first team isn't enough of a qualifier? He's got more accolades than Luka.
How so? Both have 3 All-Star teams (with Book as a substitute in one year) and Doncic has been named to 3 NBA All- First Teams while Booker only has made 1 (1st team) ALL-NBA selection. Luka’s also got rookie of the year.

Do you think Book is on Luka/Giannis/Jokic/Embiid/Durant/Steph level.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see how. Unless you're saying their 4 wins are all that matters and our 13 wins over our past 17 matchups (or whatever it is) mean nothing. Yeah, I know postseason is different but they had no chance to lose in the postseason until this year as they hadn't made it since Dirk was viable. They are a decent team, they are slightly better with Wood. Wood could be great but he's even more undependable than DA and by quite a margin.
Yes that is exactly what I am saying. The playoffs are a different beast. Do you realize how many examples there are in NBA history of a team winning the regular season series and still get beat by that team in the playoffs? Best record scenario is extreme and rare but regular series matchups is more commonplace. What do you mean slightly better? They added a guy who gives you 18/10. You do know how few of those guys there actually are in the NBA right? That's not slightly better considering how non-existent their FC was last year. They just shored up their largest deficiency big time. It's the one place the Suns had a clear advantage in that series.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Book going on a postseason run two years ago would’ve cemented him as a superstar. Finishing 4th in MVP is impressive but Peja Stojakovic and Joakim Noah have done that. Unless you win it it doesn’t really matter.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
How so? Both have 3 All-Star teams (with Book as a substitute in one year) and Doncic has been named to 3 NBA All- First Teams while Booker only has made 1 (1st team) ALL-NBA selection. Luka’s also got rookie of the year.

Do you think Book is on Luka/Giannis/Jokic/Embiid/Durant/Steph level.

I think booker is in the Jayson Tatum tier which is around star/superstar.

Of the 6 you listed, Steph is probably the 5th or 6th player you would choose to build around but he has the most rings.

Do you think Booker is not good enough to be the best player on a championship team?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes that is exactly what I am saying. The playoffs are a different beast. Do you realize how many examples there are in NBA history of a team winning the regular season series and still get beat by that team in the playoffs? Best record scenario is extreme and rare but regular series matchups is more commonplace. What do you mean slightly better? They added a guy who gives you 18/10. You do know how few of those guys there actually are in the NBA right? That's not slightly better considering how non-existent their FC was last year. They just shored up their largest deficiency big time. It's the one place the Suns had a clear advantage in that series.

They traded Porzingis and got better. He averaged 19 & 8 with Dallas and 22 and 9 in Washington.

Again, it's questionable how well Woods will do in Dallas. I'll wager he doesn't meet or exceed his numbers from Houston though. I can't even name 2 other players from the Rockets last year outside of him and Eric Gordon. I doubt many people can, they sucked and Wood was their #1 option.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose