Suns Off-season Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's with this KD talk. How could a deal even work? He makes $44M. Can someone mock up plausible trade?
It’s pure desperation. I don’t think there’s any way the deal could work.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s pure desperation. I don’t think there’s any way the deal could work.

I've seen the idea floating out there but without details.

If Ayton re-signed with the Suns (not a sign and trade) his salary would be worth about $30 million a season so it's not hard to get there when he is trade eligible.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A deal for KD is fairly easy to out together. Bridges, Saric, and Crowder could match salary wise, or come close. Maybe throw in Craig. That's a good young piece in Bridges and cap flexibility. Probably picks also.

I'm not saying that's the deal the Suns should make. Just saying it's not that difficult. They just need to wait until July 1st when the new league year starts and Bridges deal starts in. There's other ways too without Bridges but that includes Shamet and gives BKN next to nothing in talent.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A deal for KD is fairly easy to out together. Bridges, Saric, and Crowder could match salary wise, or come close. Maybe throw in Craig. That's a good young piece in Bridges and cap flexibility. Probably picks also.

I'm not saying that's the deal the Suns should make. Just saying it's not that difficult. They just need to wait until July 1st when the new league year starts and Bridges deal starts in. There's other ways too without Bridges but that includes Shamet and gives BKN next to nothing in talent.
The idea behind KD talk was that Ayton would somehow be the enticing piece for them to make that trade. Not that pupu platter of hot garbage.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Suns get: Kevin Durant

Nets get: Bridges, Crowder and Saric

I get that right?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The idea behind KD talk was that Ayton would somehow be the enticing piece for them to make that trade. Not that pupu platter of hot garbage.

It could be a whole lot more. A hypothetical trade later on could include a signed Deandre Ayton, Mikal Bridges or Cam Johnson and draft picks.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've seen the idea floating out there but without details.

If Ayton re-signed with the Suns (not a sign and trade) his salary would be worth about $30 million a season so it's not hard to get there when he is trade eligible.

So we resign him and then wait until December?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we resign him and then wait until December?

This is only a trade idea that is floating out there. I'm not sure when Ayton would be eligible for trade.

Only pointing out the idea of the Suns trading for Durant is not as far fetched as it seems.

Reaction score
Seeing Mainstreet's quotation above there made me think of a "diss" at our prodigal center that I found pleasing: Everything you want is on the other side of DeAndre Ayton.

Suns teams had lost before, but never like this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What's with this KD talk. How could a deal even work? He makes $44M. Can someone mock up plausible trade?
Contrary to what some have said the Suns can trade multiple players along with Ayton in a S&T. Ayton’s BYC number plus Bridges match up to get Durant in a trade. The issue is Ayton choosing to go along with it and Brooklyn choosing to rebuild.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Contrary to what some have said the Suns can trade multiple players along with Ayton in a S&T. Ayton’s BYC number plus Bridges match up to get Durant in a trade. The issue is Ayton choosing to go along with it and Brooklyn choosing to rebuild.

Okay. I've heard it both ways. Are you sure Bridges could only be included in a separate simultaneous trade? If that is the case, the trade is impossible as a sign and trade. Can someone find definitive proof to put this to bed?

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Okay. I've heard it both ways. Are you sure Bridges could only be included in a separate simultaneous trade? If that is the case, the trade is impossible as a sign and trade. Can someone find definitive proof to put this to bed?
The Jrue Holiday trade had multiple players signed and traded to make the deal work.
-
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is from John Gambadoro. Again the Suns can only take back $19 million.

Maybe a third team can be included to make it a bigger trade?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Jrue Holiday trade had multiple players signed and traded to make the deal work.
-

Those players didn't go to Milwaukee. DA can be the only Sun dealt to his destination. That's where it's tricky.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Those players didn't go to Milwaukee. DA can be the only Sun dealt to his destination. That's where it's tricky.
He can be included with players if the salaries match. The Nets sign and traded D’Angelo Russell to Golden St. The Nets also sent Shabazz Napier to Golden St because they needed more salary to match KD’s salary.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh interesting.
Flexer gonna Flex:
-
If this team actually lands a legit superstar this off-season, I will never say a bad word about Flex again.

Hell, I’d even change my signature to IN FLEX WE TRUST.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave