Suns' magic number

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We subtract 1 from that magic number every time the Phoenix Suns win or the Houston Rockets lose, correct?

Joe Mama

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
We subtract 1 from that magic number every time the Phoenix Suns win or the Houston Rockets lose, correct?

Right. If the number of Phoenix wins plus Houston losses from here on out reaches four, the Suns get the spot.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Hey, how'd you get such an enormous font? I'm envious.

I keep getting e-mails to increase the size of my, uh, something else, but ... never mind.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Originally posted by elindholm
Hey, how'd you get such an enormous font? I'm envious.

I keep getting e-mails to increase the size of my, uh, something else, but ... never mind.
LMAO, oh good I thought maybe my wife registered me in that spam... :eek:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forget the Suns. The Gilbert Gimps magic number Is 0. Yes, I am the champion of the fantasy basketball world tonight after my 4-0 sweep of Hanover in the championship series.

I'm sorry. I had to gloat at least once. :)

Joe Mama

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Well after losing the finals last year in the sports.ws league and the finals in the cbs league what would I expect?
Yahoo league isn't over yet and I am in the finals as well and the Gilbert Gimps are second last or last in that league! :)

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Congratulations Joe Mama! Your team was the class of the league all season long. Slinslin and I can console each other for our sorry performances against you. And to think how close Wyndham came to upsetting you in the first round!

fordronken

Reaction score
Anyone not wanting to hear me brag should ignore the following post:

I'm about to win the fantasy league I had with some buddies(7 teams, 12 players each). It doesn't really feal legitimate, though as I pretty much slaughtered them in trades. Not to toot my own horn(he said while tooting his own horn) but here are some trades I pulled on my friends:

• Draft night trade, received Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler.
• Early season trade, received Stojakovic and Jamison for Howard and Malone(my friend was convinced that Peja's injury was very severe).
• Mid-season trade, received Pau Gasol for Andre Miller.
• Mid-season trade, received Sam Cassell, Ricky Davis and Jalen Rose for Antonio Davis, Antawn Jamison and Peja Stojakovich.

Key undrafted free agent pick up:
• Amare Stoudemire(yeah)

Key moment of the draft:
• With consecutive picks in the first and second round(#7 and #8 overall) I selected Kevin Garnett and Dirk Nowitzki.

I'm sorry, but I had to brag. And keeping with that trend, the winner of the league(me) receives a nice cash bonus. :D
(If anyone is interested in more ridiculously stupid moves by my friends in the fantasy league, just let me know and I'll oblige. They're really bad.)

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without knowing how your fantasy league was scored I would say the stupidest move your friends made was probably allowing Kevin Garnett and to a lesser degree Dirk Nowitzki to drop all the way to No. 8 & No. 9.

Thanks guys. I don't know about the rest of you, but I had a good time this year. I'm just like the several of five players got hot at the right time. Going into the playoffs I thought Hanover wore a few of these other teams were going to wipe everybody out.

Joe Mama

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Back to the magic number talk.

How about predictions on when it will happen?

I predict that Seattle will take great joy in knocking Houston out of the playoff picture tonight.

That, of course, would make Sunday's game much more important for San Antonio than for us. They could slip back behind Dallas, but we would be pretty much locked into the 8 spot no matter what.

Whaddya say we throw Big Jake out there along with Little Jake, Langhi, and Williams. The idea would be to administer a physical beating--regardless of score (not flagrant, of course, just within the flow of a very physical game).

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
The game would still be important to us. If we were to win it would give us the series vs. the spurs. Their only win would be an OT win back in Jan. when Penny was out. With that said though, I do see a lapse if we had already secured a spot. I would much rather have Houston win tonight, and have us clinch it. We have done some much down the stretch, it would be great for everyone to know that we came up clutch in beating both the mavs and spurs, and that the rockets didn't just give it to us.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Its ridiculous to say that you want Houston to win tonight.

Last edited:

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I am saying that in an assumption that we will clinch it no matter what. I would just prefer that the clinch came during our last home game. Of course I would like to see it be set in stone, but if I could pick the terms I would choose the SA game to be the clincher. Just my preference I guess.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I guess I see your point. I still think you're crazy though. :p

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
If Houston loses to Seattle,

we want to lose to SA so we have a better chance of seeing them in the 1st round:

how about a starting lineup of:

Langhi
Voskul
Taskalidis
JJ - will play limited minutes
Casey Jacobson

I dont think Houston will lose though

They are leading 12 - 6

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members