Suns @ Lakers Thursday Playoff game thread 6-3-2021 - Game 6

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No sarcasm.

See picture of Lebron and Devin Booker.

Lebron also had some nice comments about the Suns after the game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Man imagine those 2 as teammates in there prime lol multiple championship maybe

like lebron ron as a person player very humble easy 1st ballot hof obviously

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man imagine those 2 as teammates in there prime lol multiple championship maybe

like lebron ron as a person player very humble easy 1st ballot hof obviously

I don't want to think about it then or now. :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like these comments by Jae Crowder. It shows his mentality on defense especially against Lebron.

From Duane Rankin Arizona Republic:

"We talked about it together, we've got to do it collectively," Suns forward Jae Crowder said. "Once you get that challenge, you've got to make him go though your body as much as possible. Sometimes you're going to be successful with it. You've got tip your hat off (to James) and continue to do it over and over and over again and I think as the series went on, he just wore down a little bit."

----------------------------------------

"A lot was on his plate and we just wanted to make it as tough as possible," Crowder continued. "Obviously he's the best player in our league. So he's definitely going to have times when he scores the ball and there's nothing we can do about it, but at the same time, you want to wear on him. Make him tired, feel you physically and by the fourth quarter, hopefully all the stuff you've done leading up to that point is going to pay off."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...er-suns-face-nikola-jokic-nuggets/7553159002/

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That such a lovely sight seeing old tired lebron by himself sad... lol

Best suns team to watch in yrs no die attitude and don't lose multiple gms often this team with paul is magical :)

Go finish space jam 2 lebron lol

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
For the record, the Suns have now won 5 of their last 7 playoff series against the Lakers. The Lakers won the first 6 match-ups, from 1970 to 1989, but the Suns' win in 1990 has turned things around.
Just wish we had won that 2010 match-up. Good chance we would have beat the Celtics for our first title.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like the salsa dancing stuff they were doing. Gives them a little bit of “swag”. Just better bring it every game from now on.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lovin the cam pick now dude hustles pretty good at 3 pt shot plus love the afro lol hope he does well vs Nuggets and dario does something....

Cam has really panned out. He's a much better defender than the scouting report indicated and he's become decent at putting the ball on the floor and attacking the rim. Not bad for someone who was viewed as just a shooter.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cam Johnson was our third best player in the Lakers series. I didn’t think so either until I looked up his rate and impact numbers.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam Johnson was our third best player in the Lakers series. I didn’t think so either until I looked up his rate and impact numbers.

No he wasn't. He was good but he was behind Booker, Payne, Paul, Ayton, Crowder, and Mikal. An argument could be made for him being ahead of either Crowder or Mikal but the other 4 were much more impactful and crucial.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Cam has really panned out. He's a much better defender than the scouting report indicated and he's become decent at putting the ball on the floor and attacking the rim. Not bad for someone who was viewed as just a shooter.
I just watched the Lakers’ broadcast of game 6. Cam had a huge steal from LeBron down the stretch in crunch time.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just watched the Lakers’ broadcast of game 6. Cam had a huge steal from LeBron down the stretch in crunch time.

I'm not denying he was a key player but he wasn't the 3rd best player on the Suns throughout the series.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Paul had a 44% TS. That is bad. Even with the very good playmaking his offense is capped with such terrible shooting peripherals. He also had some egregious defensive lapses to allow Dennis to go off in games 2/3.

Mikal had a 50% TS. He was mediocre. Decent defense but zero playmaking.

CamJ had 65% TS and only averaged one fewer point than Paul/Bridges (despite fr fewer minutes). He had a 104 DRTG split; tied with Bridges and DA. He was solid all series there, quietly.

Payne was arguably better, with 4.5 more points per game and 2.5 more assists, along with decent defense. He only had a 54% TS tho. His ORTG split of 106 indicates the lack of overall productivity (compared to CJ’s 123).

Last edited:

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cam Johnson was #1 in BPM and #2 in WS/48. Clear high level impact.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Booker/Ayton (in either order)
Cam Johnson/Payne (in either order)
Paul
Crowder
Bridges

Those are my tiers against Lakers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics