Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker/Ayton (in either order)
Cam Johnson/Payne (in either order)
Paul
Crowder
Bridges

Those are my tiers against Lakers.

I'd go Ayton, Booker, Payne, Johnson, Crowder, Bridges and then, distantly, Paul. Not his fault but he really hurt us in games 2 and 3.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I'm not denying he was a key player but he wasn't the 3rd best player on the Suns throughout the series.
I didn't say he was. I was agreeing with your post and adding on to what you said. I think maybe you're responding to the wrong post.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Last year's bubble playoffs took place on the Disney World campus. Because of the circumstances related to the pandemic, some view the Laker's championship as less than legitimate, calling it the Mickey Mouse title and the Bubble ring.
Or it could be a shirt he got while the suns were there. Pretty weak if that’s a Laker taunt.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last year's bubble playoffs took place on the Disney World campus. Because of the circumstances related to the pandemic, some view the Laker's championship as less than legitimate, calling it the Mickey Mouse title and the Bubble ring.
That is reading a lot into the shirt he is wearing. Some people have really thin skin.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Or it could be a shirt he got while the suns were there. Pretty weak if that’s a Laker taunt.

Lol I highly doubt it was a coincidence. On the Lakers forums, Mickey mouse is synonymous with disrespect of their title. You can bet the ranch that LeBron and company are aware of it. It would be an extraordinary coincidence for Cam to be wearing that shirt unintentionally after game 6.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A Laker fan site even wrote an article about Cam's shirt

Lakeshowlife.com/2021/06/04/cam-johnson-shot-los-angeles-lakers-phoenix-suns/

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That is reading a lot into the shirt he is wearing. Some people have really thin skin.

It's essentially calling them a paper champion. Try this experiment, go onto a Lakers forum and just post "Mickey Mouse" on a thread. See if there's a reaction. I promise, they'll take it as shots fired. I find it hard to believe that Cam Johnson is unaware of this.

Last edited:

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I was surprised how hard LeBron seemed to bite in the bottom clip.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lol

LeBron throws smoke grenades every single time he can, but doesn’t want that getting sent home at home smoke.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes. I know. Why do you care so much? Do you feel sorry for the Lakers?

I wasn't sure if you knew the significance of the salsa dancing. Your post read to me like you didn't. I am absolutely loving it after the bs they pulled in game 3. Not to mention, I find these to be higher level troll jobs that took some original thought. Anybody can wear an F LeBron shirt. That Mickey Mouse shirt was subtle. Some people didnt know it was a dig, yet it effectively communicated the message "paper champions" to the Lakers. In Lebron's salsa commercial, some might say he comes across as a little less than masculine. Knowing Jae, that salsa dance wasn't just a taunting imitation, but a bit of a manhood check as well. Whether other people would find that offensive doesn't matter. LeBron is the type to not like it at all. Again, these are higher level troll jobs that out class the Lakers stupid, game 3 clown show. That's why I love it. They outclassed them on the court, then outclassed them with the taunts.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol the salsa dancing was a blatant shot at LeBron.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I don't know how it was received but I thought it was a playful dig at Lebron, not really a blatant shot. It's not like it's some particularly embarrassing moment for him or something he would feel ashamed of.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how it was received but I thought it was a playful dig at Lebron, not really a blatant shot. It's not like it's some particularly embarrassing moment for him or something he would feel ashamed of.

Also I think Chris Paul had a playful jab as well. These guys respect each other.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if you knew the significance of the salsa dancing. Your post read to me like you didn't. I am absolutely loving it after the bs they pulled in game 3. Not to mention, I find these to be higher level troll jobs that took some original thought. Anybody can wear an F LeBron shirt. That Mickey Mouse shirt was subtle. Some people didnt know it was a dig, yet it effectively communicated the message "paper champions" to the Lakers. In Lebron's salsa commercial, some might say he comes across as a little less than masculine. Knowing Jae, that salsa dance wasn't just a taunting imitation, but a bit of a manhood check as well. Whether other people would find that offensive doesn't matter. LeBron is the type to not like it at all. Again, these are higher level troll jobs that out class the Lakers stupid, game 3 clown show. That's why I love it. They outclassed them on the court, then outclassed them with the taunts.
I did know and don’t care. The Lakers were playing thug ball all series and had the refs on their side for most of it. So it’s nice to see some cajones on our guys for once.

Not having a killer instinct has been a failing of this team throughout its entire history. And we’ve always been expected to do nothing when it’s done to us. Not anymore. Sound like we are in agreement on this.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

That's the genius behind it. To most that's how it comes across, a playful dig. Yet as I replied in a previous post, when watching Lebron's salsa commercial, some might say he comes across as less than masculine. It being Jae Crowder, that's not just a playful salsa imitation, but also a manhood check. You can bet that's how LeBron took it. That's a nuanced troll job. What I love is Jae won on the court, and then bested Lebron's game 3 taunts with some vicious digs of his own. That was a ruthless murder of the chosen one.

Last edited:

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I did know and don’t care. The Lakers were playing thug ball all series and had the refs on their side for most of it. So it’s nice to see some cajones on our guys for once.

Not having a killer instinct has been a failing of this team throughout its entire history. And we’ve always been expected to do nothing when it’s done to us. Not anymore. Sound like we are in agreement on this.

If our opponent taunts first, I have no problem with us returning the favor, and am proud of how expertly it was done.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Also I think Chris Paul had a playful jab as well. These guys respect each other.

He did the Drummond post up imitation. Twice. Subtly so he wouldn't get t'd up with Crowder (tip of the cap to cp3's iq). I'm not sure it was meant to be respectfully playful. If you want to be respectful to your friend, you don't taunt him or his team at the end of a humiliating loss. I do think it was meant to say "what happened to the bravado?"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson