Suns @ Kings Monday game thread 11-28-2022

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soooo… how about CP3, Cam Johnson and a buttload of picks for KD?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can Payne
Booker
Bridges
KD
Ayton

Lee
Washington
Biz
Craig

Use Jae and Dario to go get Eric Gordon to shore up the 2nd unit or someone else who can make an impact there. Second unit is rough, but you could put me and Ouchie out there with KD, Book, Bridges, Ayton and they’d have a great shot to win this whole thing.

Do the above, win the next two titles then who cares what happens from there.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker leads all players with 4 TO’s…

With Payne as our starting PG? I guess KD is good enough to overcome Payne’s shortcomings and inconsistency…
He would be with that starting lineup.

Book and KD do the majority of the playmaking with Payne as a luxury third playmaker.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lee with another great clutch game.

While it seems like this came out of no where... it needs noting that he did play 20 minutes a game for a deep team that won the title last season. Hard to believe he didn't have better offers. The announcers tonight seemed to imply that Monty recruited him to join us.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He said later a man’s game. Missing some of the aggression tonight, but attacked the glass.

I think the aggression was there, if you go watch some of the highlights, especially the clips of Booker attacking inside, Ayton was right there, setting himself up in great position for easy baskets at the rim.

Booker played a great game, but there were several really difficult shots (that he made), that would have been eeeeeasy baskets if he'd dumped the ball off.

I was really hoping for a monster game from Ayton, a 3rd in a row from him would be unprecedented, but he did play well, he set hard screens, played good defense... did have a couple of his moments where he kind of gently lowers the ball into the hoop instead of slamming it, but overall he had a really strong game and was the main factor in us beating a good rebounding team on the glass.

During Ayton's 6 game resurgence we've won the rebounding battle 5 nights, several times by a wide margin. Good stuff... please o' Gods of Basketball, let it continue.

Such an odd conundrum... to want a center to be more selfish and demand the ball more.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, whoever the Kings had assigned to guard Booker in transition... wow, you got cooked. Booker had like 5 transition layups in this game, basically uncontested.

I love that we're playing a lot more aggressive in transition of late... hopefully it's not entirely because Paul is sidelined.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the aggression was there, if you go watch some of the highlights, especially the clips of Booker attacking inside, Ayton was right there, setting himself up in great position for easy baskets at the rim.

Booker played a great game, but there were several really difficult shots (that he made), that would have been eeeeeasy baskets if he'd dumped the ball off.

I was really hoping for a monster game from Ayton, a 3rd in a row from him would be unprecedented, but he did play well, he set hard screens, played good defense... did have a couple of his moments where he kind of gently lowers the ball into the hoop instead of slamming it, but overall he had a really strong game and was the main factor in us beating a good rebounding team on the glass.

During Ayton's 6 game resurgence we've won the rebounding battle 5 nights, several times by a wide margin. Good stuff... please o' Gods of Basketball, let it continue.

Such an odd conundrum... to want a center to be more selfish and demand the ball more.

Ayton only getting 10 FGA isn’t good. Like you said and it was mentioned in the game thread he flashed open several times and was just ignored. One thing I do notice without Paul there is no pick and role for our centers at all. No two man game in sight. Those lobs for Ayton and McGee last year are gone.

Booker 28 FGA (17/28)
Ayton 10 FGA (8/10)
Payne 10 FGA (2/10)
Craig 10 FGA (5/10)
Bridges 14 FGA (6/14)
Lee 11 FGA (6/11)

This game was Booker just losing his mind and deciding to go full hero mode. We won tonight but that’s not what I want to see from him. They almost caught us at the end. It shouldn’t have been that close.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watch the end of the postgame team meeting.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is one HELL OF A WIN.

Book was pretty damn amazing. 44/8/6/4 is MVP stuff.

14-6 considering everything is pretty damn great at this point of the year.

This game thread is hilarious when he is having an epic game and just hated on the whole time.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It wasn't just Booker. Lots of others were taking fairly difficult shots when Ayton was wide open under the basket. I noticed DLee do this especially. Ayton is going to have to demand the ball I think. He doesn't score unless someone passes the ball to him or he brings it up himself. Maybe he is just going to have to rebound and bring it up himself in order to get shots.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It wasn't just Booker. Lots of others were taking fairly difficult shots when Ayton was wide open under the basket. I noticed DLee do this especially. Ayton is going to have to demand the ball I think. He doesn't score unless someone passes the ball to him or he brings it up himself. Maybe he is just going to have to rebound and bring it up himself in order to get shots.
Then Monty has to scheme better. It’s not Aytons job to scream for the ball. He’s there waiting for it, it’s the shooters who are locked in on jacking up threes rather than go for the easy points to halt unnecessary runs by the opponent.

He took three shots in the 2nd half. Three. He’s been the hottest player in the conference the past week. I understand Book was unconscious most of the game, but there were missed opportunities to put the game out of reach early

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is how the Suns closed out the game in the last 5 minutes.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

They used a 3/4 court press followed by a hard double to get the ball out of his hands. Basically the rest of the team was 4 on 3 and just had to hit wide open jumpers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He said later a man’s game. Missing some of the aggression tonight, but attacked the glass.

It seemed like Ayton dominated the boards more than the stats show. I think the Suns could have done a better job of feeding him the ball.

It was a game of runs and I was fatigued from just watching the game.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton only getting 10 FGA isn’t good. Like you said and it was mentioned in the game thread he flashed open several times and was just ignored. One thing I do notice without Paul there is no pick and role for our centers at all. No two man game in sight. Those lobs for Ayton and McGee last year are gone.

Booker 28 FGA (17/28)
Ayton 10 FGA (8/10)
Payne 10 FGA (2/10)
Craig 10 FGA (5/10)
Bridges 14 FGA (6/14)
Lee 11 FGA (6/11)

This game was Booker just losing his mind and deciding to go full hero mode. We won tonight but that’s not what I want to see from him. They almost caught us at the end. It shouldn’t have been that close.

Booker shot 60% from the field and won us the game.

Hilariously poor take

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose