Suns @ Hornets Wednesday game thread 3-1-2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think Monty will ride or die with Payne...I'd sure like a better back up
Payne is like a coin flip most games

Payne is still getting back into the flow of the game after injury but he only has 2 assists in the last three games.

The Suns could use someone more steady to run the team, especially when Paul is off, but it's probably going to have to be done by committee.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey @nashman when was the last time Paul led this team in scoring?
He doesn’t need to be that’s not his job… but prior to this game his last six games he had 15+ in all but one so it’s not like he is stinking up the joint he had a terrible game tonight. But I’m sure his focus was more trying to run the offense not so much try to score he was trying to facilitate everyone..

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He doesn’t need to be that’s not his job… but prior to this game his last six games he had 15+ in all but one so it’s not like he is stinking up the joint he had a terrible game tonight. But I’m sure his focus was more trying to run the offense not so much try to score he was trying to facilitate everyone..
Of course you didn’t answer the question

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on this was Paul’s worst game in awhile it happens. Gonna be some oddities trying to incorporate KD and the new guys… as long as CP3 is healthy he’s fine he can still play and pick his spots…

Just in the last 10 games. Tonight and these 2 games. I don’t need him to score 30 but damn. Especially with Okogie not being an option offensively.

Feb 16th
5 points on 2/8

Feb 4th
2 points on 0/7

That’s 3 games in the last 10 the writing is on the wall

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just in the last 10 games. Tonight and these 2 games. I don’t need him to score 30 but damn. Especially with Okogie not being an option offensively.

Feb 16th
5 points on 2/8

Feb 4th
2 points on 0/7

Yeah ignore the other 7 or 70% of the last ten let’s focus on the off games… Man some of you guys and your Paul hate are off your rockers.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Feb 16th
5 points on 2/8

Feb 4th
2 points on 0/7

Also the difference is when he has a bad night he stops shooting and focuses on assists and playmaking. Book and other scorers have bad starts like Book did the other day was like 1 of his first 9 or something but his job is to keep shooting and figure it out. As a smart PG Paul knows ok I’m off tonight so let’s focus on other stuff that can facilitate better play from others rather than trying to be Kyrie or someone who gonna put up 20 plus shots to inflate their numbers!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah ignore the other 7 or 70% of the last ten let’s focus on the off games… Man some of you guys and your Paul hate are off your rockers.

Dude come on. Nobody hates Paul but damn these nights are getting more and more frequent.

It’s not that oh hey he had an off night he just falls off a cliff

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s not Paul hate but it’s the ******* truth but you are so filled with your kook-aid lenses you are unable to see it. He’s cooked.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know some fans were speculating this would become Durant’s team but I watched the opposite tonight. It appears Durant is going to defer to Book and pick his spots.

It’s going to be interesting to see if that holds up. I fully expect Durant to takeover when needed though.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah you going to quote me with that passive aggressiveness and not nashman for dissing me?! Go ahead and ban me, this is the only time you got a little power in life anyways, on this little board.

#1 actually quoting you is the opposite of passive aggressive. I am fully telling you to stop it

#2. Man up. don't rely on me to patrol your behavior when I have already been nice. Be a man and have some personal responsibility

#3 Your assumptions about my personal life are hilarious

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know we have difference in opinions. We debate and go back and forth. When things get heated sometimes its just better to step back regardless of who is right or wrong. Lets focus on the teams we love and enjoy the good moments.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As being a "small part owner" of the team (My joke with friends cause UWM sucks my money) it was nice to watch the game. I am not sure of CP3 just had another bad night or if this will happen again. We need at least double figures from him a game. Not sure what happen to Okogie.

Even though our two starters didn’t do so well the game never felt like it would slip away. Maybe its just knowing we have KD that gave me the false sense but I never felt it.

I started to look at it this way last night. Its like we have a big 3 with our 4 starters. Book, KD and Ayton/CP3. If one of those 3 is off we can still win games. If 2 is having an off night we in for a rough night.

Then again we played with the CLT. Maybe wait until we play a tougher team to judge.

Last edited:

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ayton shrinks when plays big physical Centers like Jonas, Zubac, Adams, etc. He can't handle interior bruisers. When he faces no names like tonight you never know if he'll show up or not. I hope KD is a positive influence on him.
Mark Williams is not a no name???

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good to see TJ get some minutes. I think he can be a difference maker
He is the odd man out. Human torch will get the minutes because of defense. I clapped when he came in with a few others because he played up the street at UNC State. Suns fans showed up for Durant did anyone hear us ?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose