Suns @ Hornets Wednesday game thread 3-1-2023

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton player confident but usually does against no-name big men. Shrinks before the game has started when it’s a top 5 center or Zubac.

Ayton shrinks when plays big physical Centers like Jonas, Zubac, Adams, etc. He can't handle interior bruisers. When he faces no names like tonight you never know if he'll show up or not. I hope KD is a positive influence on him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker is one of the most likable star players in the NBA. Can’t think of anyone outside noted ******** like Luka and Pat Bev who dislike him. There are people in the league who legitimately hate KD and CP3

People really don't like Booker outside of Phoenix from what I've seen. Maybe its social media but they called him out for empty stats before we were good and now they hate his jawing with virtually everyone. Dating a Kardashian didn't help either.

Suns fans love him but few do outside of the Suns bubble. He's a young star though so his legacy is being written but he's not a fan favorite nationally.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
People really don't like Booker outside of Phoenix from what I've seen. Maybe its social media but they called him out for empty stats before we were good and now they hate his jawing with virtually everyone. Dating a Kardashian didn't help either.

Suns fans love him but few do outside of the Suns bubble. He's a young star though so his legacy is being written but he's not a fan favorite nationally.
Yup when Booker got the cover social media lost their ****

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul is going to have to shoot more consistently if defenses are to be kept honest. He was getting some really good looks.
It's getting harder to dismiss his off-shooting games.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Chris Paul is going to have to shoot more consistently if defenses are to be kept honest. He was getting some really good looks.
It's getting harder to dismiss his off-shooting games.
You don't dismiss them but you don't overreact either. He had an off game and there's going to be a transition period when you add someone like kd to the rotation

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

That was back when we were ass. The narrative has changed.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
W is a W I'm happy as sin.
Just can't figure Paul out. He came out fine and looked fine. He just falls off a freaking cliff nowadays. With age I understand he may be slower...but to just not be able to shoot? Horford is like 52 and he's a shooting beast.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Complain complain complain

We WON, we didn't need CP3 to score 20 points. Geez

Dude nobody is saying he needs to score 20 but he damn sure can’t be scoring 2 points either on 1/8

We’re talking about winning a championship here. That’s the standard we’re at now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was back when we were ass. The narrative has changed.

Not really. Booker gets a lot of hate still. As @BirdGangThing also mentioned, when Book was named as the cover player for NBA 2k23 people lost their mind trashing him. Booker hasn't received a lot of hate this year because he's been out injured but I've seen a lot of backhanded comments recently when Lillard scored 71 about doing it when it mattered and how Booker's 70 is one of the most meaningless achievements ever. That's just a small thing from the last week. Again, outside of Phoenix, people don't like Booker. Go on Twitter and look around and you'll see he gets a lot of undeserved hate.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I thought it was good in spurts...nothing like we're used to seeing. The fouls were excessive for a horrible Hornets squad
Some of those called fouls weren't fouls. Some serious verticality errors made tonight by the zebras. Ayton had a good night from what I saw but was whistled twice at least.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet Craig ends up the starter when all’s said and done.
He was hesitant after he missed a couple shots. Not sure if he was nervous in the starting role but you can’t have both him and Paul unable to shoot in the starting 5.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He was hesitant after he missed a couple shots. Not sure if he was nervous in the starting role but you can’t have both him and Paul unable to shoot in the starting 5.
Whoever the fifth starter is, they’re going to be nervous about their role and not screwing up.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't dismiss them but you don't overreact either. He had an off game and there's going to be a transition period when you add someone like kd to the rotation

I agree but Paul has had a number of off games in the last 11 games. It can't be ignored either, although the Suns don't have many options.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I still think Monty will ride or die with Payne...I'd sure like a better back up
Payne is like a coin flip most games

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I highly doubt you’ll find many games where Nash scored 2 points on 1/8 and had 3 turnovers

This is ridiculous
Come on this was Paul’s worst game in awhile it happens. Gonna be some oddities trying to incorporate KD and the new guys… as long as CP3 is healthy he’s fine he can still play and pick his spots…