Suns @ Hornets Wednesday game thread 3-1-2023

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Booker having free throw problems again.
Just concentration. He’s finding his groove still. Glad he found his 3 ball tonight. There’s gonna be games where him and KD will each get 30. I’m glad Book was efficient tonight.

KD is an alien…..dude scored 23 on 15 shots with 1 free throw. Aside from the fouls, defense did a good job.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great game by

Booker 37/6/7
Durant 23/6
Ayton 16/16

Horrible game by

Paul 2/11 on 1/8 shooting
Okogie 4 points on 0/4

We can’t beat top teams with two starters having stat lines like that

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Great game by

Booker 37/6/7
Durant 23/6
Ayton 16/16

Horrible game by

Okogie 4 points on 0/4

Paul can score 2 points every game as long as he’s distributing the ball efficiently which he did.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Paul could be done. We might only have two legit scorers since Paul can’t get hot like he used too. Maybe Ayton if they give him the ball but I can’t trust him with those hot passes

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Paul can score 2 points every game as long as he’s distributing the ball efficiently which he did.

He can’t. This was not a good game from Paul even from a distributing point.

Okogie is already not an offensive option you can’t have two starters give you nothing.

PHI PHX PHAN

Rookie
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s even gotten a FGA in the second half
This would be my only gripe. He clearly asserted himself in the first half and was cookin...then not even a look the rest of the game.
It's difficult to make it a talking point though when you're watching KD effortlessly drain shot after shot for your team.
Still can't believe he's here
I'm super confident in this team.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its really a different league now than even 10 years ago. A 10 point lead is nothing and will disappear in an instance. Starters aren't given rest unless there's a 20+ point lead and 2-3 minutes to go unless the bench has played really well that night.

Tonight was a solid win, sloppy in the second half but the first half was really good and showed glimpses of what this team can be going forward. Durant is just on another level and can literally do anything he wants out and no one can stop him, similar to Giannis but in a much prettier way. I look forward to seeing how easy things get for Booker and others going forward. Will be fun to see who steps up, given the opportunity.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Great game by

Booker 37/6/7
Durant 23/6
Ayton 16/16

Horrible game by

Okogie 4 points on 0/4

Really depends on how "on" KD and Book are. Those two could very well have some games where they combine for around 80 points. In that case we could absolutely beat top teams with two starters being off.

Paul had 11 assists and Okogie brought good energy on defense. That is the main things we need from those two guys, but I also doubt they will have many games where they are both off like that.

TJ

Reaction score
He can’t. This was not a good game from Paul even from a distributing point.

Okogie is already not an offensive option you can’t have two starters give you nothing.
We have two of the best perimeter scorers and one of the most efficient close the to basket centers in the game. I promise you that if CP3 isn’t scoring, it’s fine. When Nash was here, his best games where when he barely scored but involved STAT, Matrix, et al on offense

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cp3 looks useless out there with KD. He’s also run-walking like his back is shot.

Okogie didn’t have the confidence in himself as a starter. He tried to pass too many times, but without KD he was assertive and aggressive.

Ish and Lee can just sit. I like Ish, good for him and all but Warren is just better. Ross and Shamet are clearly better than Lee as well. I can’t believe Ross is already on the injury report, probably just precautionary.

Ayton player confident but usually does against no-name big men. Shrinks before the game has started when it’s a top 5 center or Zubac.

Hopefully we can find ways to integrate Payne and Warren as we go.

The rotations were like drawing names from a bucket.

The starters tonight, with all our easy switching, teams will target KD on defense and let Okogie make all the decisions. I’m in favor of Craig still.

TJ

Reaction score
Paul George and Kawhi Leonard tolerate each other

Luka and Kyrie couldn't be more different from each other

But Booker and KD really seem to like and respect each other
Booker is one of the most likable star players in the NBA. Can’t think of anyone outside noted ******** like Luka and Pat Bev who dislike him. There are people in the league who legitimately hate KD and CP3

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have two of the best perimeter scorers and one of the most efficient close the to basket centers in the game. I promise you that if CP3 isn’t scoring, it’s fine. When Nash was here, his best games where when he barely scored but involved STAT, Matrix, et al on offense

I highly doubt you’ll find many games where Nash scored 2 points on 1/8 and had 3 turnovers

This is ridiculous

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose