Suns hire Frank Vogel as next head coach

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because he’s stunk this season. Why are you having such a difficult time accepting this? It’s been pointed out to you repeatedly.

Reggie Jackson peaked ages ago.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will wait and see. Certainly, I didn't see this type of coaching change happening.

It feels more lateral, although I think it was time to move on after two playoff collapses with Monty at the helm. I did love Monty as a person.

However, I will continue to cast more question marks about James Jones. What kind of roster was that he assembled for the 2022-23 playoffs?

3 playoff collapses

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Reggie Jackson peaked ages ago.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He just wasn't the same after that plot to assassinate the queen.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 playoff collapses

I don't count the Bucks series. The Suns won the first two games in Phoenix, lost momentum going back to Milwaukee and without Saric, didn't have the size to keep Giannis, Lopez and Portis out of the lane.

The Mavericks series is where the Suns collapsed.

The Suns didn't have enough talent to beat the Nuggets more than twice.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't count the Bucks series. The Suns won the first two games in Phoenix, lost momentum going back to Milwaukee and without Saric, didn't have the size to keep Giannis, Lopez and Portis out of the lane.

Dude we went up 2-0 then lost 4 straight

That’s a collapse no way around it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Despite the fact we did win two games, I don't think we had the talent to win even a single game let alone two. Whether he was playing hurt or not, KD wasn't as advertised but still, his presence gave Devin opportunities he's rarely seen before and he had a magical two game stretch as a result. Without his incredible shooting performance, we're never in those games.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude we went up 2-0 then lost 4 straight

That’s a collapse no way around it.

Mathematically, it's certainly a collapse. I'm only telling you how I see it looking back.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Despite the fact we did win two games, I don't think we had the talent to win even a single game let alone two. Whether he was playing hurt or not, KD wasn't as advertised but still, his presence gave Devin opportunities he's rarely seen before and he had a magical two game stretch as a result. Without his incredible shooting performance, we're never in those games.

I agree.

The Suns did well to win two games against the Nuggets.

I keep seeing a picture of the Suns starting 5 in game 6 floating around in my head. It's not pretty.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with Cam Payne starting, but will someone please tell another poster that Reggie Jackson is better than no Chris Paul in the playoffs against the Nuggets.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't Solicit a Confrontation
I have no problem with Cam Payne starting, but will someone please tell another poster that Reggie Jackson is better than no Chris Paul in the playoffs against the Nuggets.

You aren't allowed to have a differing opinion. Didn't you know that? You either succumb to their views, stay silent, or get personally attacked.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Losing to the Bucks was probably worthy of being called a collapse, but I could understand it. They were just a solid, experienced team, while the Suns were in their first deep playoff run. Experience is important, and outside of Paul and Crowder, the Suns' players had none. I think it was a collapse, but an understandable collapse. What happened the next two years was just inexcusable.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Losing to the Bucks was probably worthy of being called a collapse, but I could understand it. They were just a solid, experienced team, while the Suns were in their first deep playoff run. Experience is important, and outside of Paul and Crowder, the Suns' players had none. I think it was a collapse, but an understandable collapse. What happened the next two years was just inexcusable.

Do you think the Suns collapsed against the Nuggets? I thought they were flat out better.

The Suns did well to win two games.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, I just think singling out posters for any reason, whether positive or negative, can create unintended conflict. And that was my effort at putting it into perspective.

JMHO, but this forum has some of the most informed posters out there.

There are a few who post elsewhere I'd like to recruit.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Man the “saric was the difference in the series” narrative needs to find a final resting place. It’s so bad.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh boy, is the birth of the “Reggie Jackson would’ve been the difference in the series” line of posts for this year to match the saric lamentations from two years ago?

And If so, if Reggie was all we needed to get past the nuggets, it kind of flies in the face of your complaints about the trade bc that means the current squad faces a 7th seeded lakers and then 8th seeded Heat and likely wins the championship.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Inappropriate Behavior
You aren't allowed to have a differing opinion. Didn't you know that? You either succumb to their views, stay silent, or get personally attacked.
This is a freaking joke of a post. We’ve pretty much kept things to substantive basketball and you have to take it outta that realm. Good job poop head.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Do you think the Suns collapsed against the Nuggets? I thought they were flat out better.

The Suns did well to win two games.
They were better. Particularly when Paul was lost and Ayton wussed out. But that game 6 was an abomination by any definition, no? Perhaps not a “collapse” but something just as bad.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nah, I just think singling out posters for any reason, whether positive or negative, can create unintended conflict. And that was my effort at putting it into perspective.
Agree. There are topics and recurring themes that I think are worthy of being called out, but very much try to avoid doing so with actual posters. I just put those posters on ignore.