Better off silent
- May 13, 2002
- Reaction score
- Round Rock, TX
3 through 9 are complete and utter assumption with (as of now) no basis in fact. Book calling JJ and whining about not getting Kevin Young? Yeah, I don't see that. Let alone making Young the highest paid assistant in the NBA for no other reason other than Book was pouting he wasn't made HC.What was the time span between the Vogel and Young hirings?
We know they hired Vogel first but who did they tell first? Book or Young?
1) Hired Vogel, told him to pick his staff (like normal)
2) Young hears of the hiring, he knows he's assed out
3) Book hears of the hiring, contacts JJ and says "I thought we were going with Young"
4) Book is told Ishbia wanted defense and championship experience instead
5) Book says "but me and KD wanted Young"
6) JJ proposes to Ishbia they keep Young around, but mentions it will be harder to do
7) I think JJ calls Young and I think Ishbia calls Vogel's camp (or their agents)
8) I think both Young and Vogel had hesitations - so some type of meeting of the minds took place - on the fly
9) An agreement was reached, not sure what (if anything) extra they gave Vogel but they gave You g a lot of money
10) They all agreed (JJ, Ishbia, Booker, KD, Vogel, Young) to get rid of Ayton asap