Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watch this video, than tell me you still are in favor of drafting White.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He looks like a greedy spaz.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just FYI, White's eFG% at 51.6% is higher than Culver's from last year at 50.5% (though granted, Culver's career eFG% is 51.8%). In addition, White is an 80% FT shooter, while Culver is at 70.7% for last year and 68.7% career. Culver is a far superior rebounder and has a higher usage rate, which explains his higher PER, but otherwise the numbers are pretty darn comparable, only White is younger and plays a position of need.

Culver is 10 times the defender White is. Culver is a far better athlete. Culver does not shoot the ball with the release point of a 6th grader.

Almost all of whites two point shot attempts were fast break buckets, because he is nearly incapable of getting one in the half court.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Watch this video, than tell me you still are in favor of drafting White.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He looks like a greedy spaz.
I’m not sure if you are a wanna-be scout or what, but pretty much the entire basketball world thinks White is a lottery prospect. You continually keep treating him like he shouldn’t even be in the draft. That’s fine if you think his skill set doesn’t work for the Suns, but you’re treating him like he doesn’t even belong in the league.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not sure if you are a wanna-be scout or what, but pretty much the entire basketball world thinks White is a lottery prospect. You continually keep treating him like he shouldn’t even be in the draft. That’s fine if you think his skill set doesn’t work for the Suns, but you’re treating him like he doesn’t even belong in the league.

He deserves to be drafted - but not till the late first round or early second round. He is a pretty decent shooter - but that is all he is. There is a place in the NBA for those guys - but in no way shape or form is this near the best the suns can do with the 6th pick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Culver is 10 times the defender White is. Culver is a far better athlete. Culver does not shoot the ball with the release point of a 6th grader.

Almost all of whites two point shot attempts were fast break buckets, because he is nearly incapable of getting one in the half court.

that release point worries me a lot. I thought Ball's release point wouldn't be a problem in the pros and that his 3 point shooting in college would transfer over, but it's been a real problem in a league where guys have been up on him.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
All I can say about White being greedy, is NC didn't have a normal NC team last year from what I saw. Their bigs looked undersized and no one seemed like they could get their own shot, or get separation off ball to get open. I thought it looked like the offensive load pretty much fell to White. Not sure what is going on at NC. Maybe recruiting is off?

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I will say, if we can get a better defender at PG, I am all for that! It just doesn't look like that's going to be in the draft.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He might be able to draw fouls in college, but he is a crappy ball handler, and is frequently out of control and appears to have very little jumping ability. In the nba people are going to just let him fall on his face out of bounds, pick his pocket, or block his weak layups
These are my primary concerns.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I see Shaun Livingston. I am fine with that

doesn't have Livingston's size at 6'7. Livingston's advantage is that he can post almost any PG who has to guard him, surprisingly still having solid lift in his legs when he was a versatile weapon off the bench for the Dubs a couple years ago. But White won't have that and if he's as limited shooting like Livingston, that won't work well in today's league.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doesn't have Livingston's size at 6'7. Livingston's advantage is that he can post almost any PG who has to guard him, surprisingly still having solid lift in his legs when he was a versatile weapon off the bench for the Dubs a couple years ago. But White won't have that and if he's as limited shooting like Livingston, that won't work well in today's league.

Better Kris Dunn. Cuttino Mobley for us old timers

He isn't going to be a star but he will play in this league a long time

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Because of injuries, Livingston never really had the career he could have. The guy is sneaky underrated. Two games back he had a dunk that was amazing. If it had been Koby, or someone like that, we would have seen it repeat all week! Every once in a while he has a physical flash like that and you wonder what could have been for this guy.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
North Carolina point guard Coby White will likely be the Suns’ selection at No. 6, per Gambadoro. Last season, the 6’5” guard was a dynamite scorer but his playmaking traits are raw at the moment. White, who ranks No. 9 on my big board, will need a few years of proper development before becoming a starter at the next level.
- Evan Sidery

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man.. if that's true it's just such a face-palmer!

I've always suspected McDonough wanted to trade #16 and the Miami pick for #11 ... Shai.

Mcdonough may not have been fired if this happened despite all his mistakes as a GM.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Better Kris Dunn. Cuttino Mobley for us old timers

He isn't going to be a star but he will play in this league a long time

I see more Leandro Barbosa than anyone else in White, right down to the shot release.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I slightly prefer SGA - but I am not nearly as impressed with him as most people seem to be.

Me neither but I really haven't watched the Clippers enough this year to give much weight to my opinion. A lot of the talking heads rave about him - I can only think they are projecting where they think he will go in the years to come and you don't necessarily see that if you've only watched him a handful of times.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Culver is a limited athlete too. In fact I’d say white is faster than culver. But culver’s Limited athleticism and regression of his shot frightens me.

White is definitely faster than Culver, that's his greatest asset IMO. But Culver is smarter, uses change of speeds better, knows how to put a defender on his hip and does a lot of the little things in addition to being a good defender. I think people that write him off because he struggled to carry a team as the primary option will change their minds on him down the road. I'm not predicting stardom but I wouldn't rule it out either.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Me neither but I really haven't watched the Clippers enough this year to give much weight to my opinion. A lot of the talking heads rave about him - I can only think they are projecting where they think he will go in the years to come and you don't necessarily see that if you've only watched him a handful of times.
I think so. The games I have seen you seen moments of great play, then you kind of forget he's out there. On the good side, I never remember him turning the ball over, or making stupid plays.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard