Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me he's kind of like Alfrid Peyton with a better jumper. The best part of his game to me, is his range on the three. Decision making, and changing speeds during a play. He has that young man's go 100 miles an hour all the time. When he starts getting that change of speeds in his game, he will get a lot better.

Payton with a jumper, I'd take it.

I think we are at the point when we start to over analyze players. This young man is only 19. He will get better especially with good coaching.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Payton with a jumper, I'd take it.

I think we are at the point when we start to over analyze players. This young man is only 19. He will get better especially with good coaching.
I keep thinking about one of the posters here who said something like, not all the players will be bad. Every draft class has at least one all star player. Meaning someone will get a good player. It's just figuring out who that will be.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep thinking about one of the posters here who said something like, not all the players will be bad. Every draft class has at least one all star player. Meaning someone will get a good player. It's just figuring out who that will be.

Isn't this the truth. Some teams are going to find gems in this draft. I wish it were the Suns.

James Jones has kept his cards so close to the vest, I'm not sure who the Suns are going to draft.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Isn't this the truth. Some teams are going to find gems in this draft. I wish it were the Suns.

James Jones has kept his cards so close to the vest, I'm not sure who the Suns are going to draft.
By tomorrow, there could be fairly big Suns news. Or not. Supposedly, rumor is the AD trade is being hurried by the Pelicans GM. Supposedly, since draft picks will be part of the final compensation, the unnoficial deadline is tomorrow to get a deal done. That gives the Pelicans enough time to scout guys at whatever draft picks they end up getting. So, also the Pelicans are asking for teams to get third teams involved to raise compensation. That's where the Suns come in on rumored third party participation. So maybe tomorrow we may get some Suns news.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
By tomorrow, there could be fairly big Suns news. Or not. Supposedly, rumor is the AD trade is being hurried by the Pelicans GM. Supposedly, since draft picks will be part of the final compensation, the unnoficial deadline is tomorrow to get a deal done. That gives the Pelicans enough time to scout guys at whatever draft picks they end up getting. So, also the Pelicans are asking for teams to get third teams involved to raise compensation. That's where the Suns come in on rumored third party participation. So maybe tomorrow we may get some Suns news.
We very well may get big sun's news of course just based on experience I'm prepared to be disappointed by what it is

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We very well may get big sun's news of course just based on experience I'm prepared to be disappointed by what it is
Normally I am with you. Now I am kind of in the boat, how much worse than 19 wins can it get? Kind of like I am with the Cards. They have to win more than 3 games. Last year was brutally bad Cardinals football. The Suns looked like a bright spot in comparason.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Please make it happen. We need some excitement around here!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still can't believe we traded two firsts(one in what was to be believed to be a loaded draft and another unprotected future) to move up, only to draft ANOTHER SF, when the team was already log-jammed at the position, clearly planning on adding ANOTHER in FA all while a solid PG prospect was still on the board.

Man, outside of the no-brainer pick with Ayton, last summer's coaching decision, use of assets and cap room were just beyond pathetic.

That was forced by Sarver. Already been reported. McDonough had a trade for Gilgeous Alexander to be our starting PG but Sarver overruled him

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if you love Bridges then thank Sarver. If you would trade Bridges for Alexander straight up, then blame Sarver.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That was forced by Sarver. Already been reported. McDonough had a trade for Gilgeous Alexander to be our starting PG but Sarver overruled him
I was mad when I heard this because I wanted that guy as our next PG. However, I think Mikal is a better player. So it sucks we didn't have a PG for a year, but I think we have a guy who is going to be a top talent, at the very least on defense.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was mad when I heard this because I wanted that guy as our next PG. However, I think Mikal is a better player. So it sucks we didn't have a PG for a year, but I think we have a guy who is going to be a top talent, at the very least on defense.

Hah it is back on the table. Jackson and the #6 for Alexander

http://arizonasports.com/story/1974...vis-trades-land-suns-ball-gilgeous-alexander/

The Suns, of course, had interest in the Kentucky guard during the 2018 NBA Draft. John Gambadoro of 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station reported in November the team was originally looking to trade up to No. 11 in the draft to select Gilgeous-Alexander, but the deal was shut down internally, leading to a move later on in the draft to trade up for the rights to Bridges.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
If we can get over European stereotypes, there is a lot to like about Luka Šamanić who is projected to go #23 by Tankathon.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/luka-samanic
Funny, I just scouted him yesterday on a flyer.

Luka doesn't currently have the strength and stable base to survive in this league. He gets pushed off balance easily and doesn't have a power game at all. However, the guy runs like a gazelle and has elite open court speed for his size. Seems like he has a high game IQ as well. He could develop into something but he has to get some "fight" in him to start competing. (Reminds me of Dragan a little).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny, I just scouted him yesterday on a flyer.

Luka doesn't currently have the strength and stable base to survive in this league. He gets pushed off balance easily and doesn't have a power game at all. However, the guy runs like a gazelle and has elite open court speed for his size. Seems like he has a high game IQ as well. He could develop into something but he has to get some "fight" in him to start competing. (Reminds me of Dragan a little).

I'm not sure if Samanic is going to be that player, sort of like Bazley, but teams are going to be kicking themselves years from now when one of these players turn into a gem later on.

If he can put on some more muscle (presently weighs 227) he can be a force.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

http://arizonasports.com/story/1974...vis-trades-land-suns-ball-gilgeous-alexander/

The Suns, of course, had interest in the Kentucky guard during the 2018 NBA Draft. John Gambadoro of 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station reported in November the team was originally looking to trade up to No. 11 in the draft to select Gilgeous-Alexander, but the deal was shut down internally, leading to a move later on in the draft to trade up for the rights to Bridges.
The only thing is, we sure throw those draft picks around. I guess if we aren't hitting on them anyway, why not? Alexnader > White so that works for me.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only thing is, we sure throw those draft picks around. I guess if we aren't hitting on them anyway, why not? Alexnader > White so that works for me.

I would do the #6 straight up, but including Jackson is way too much.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Pretty much, the old rule of thumb is the guy who asks for a trade has to give more than the person asked. It seems a lot to me, but if the Suns were looking to move JJ, then they get a two for one. They end up with a player, and they got rid of a problem, too. Just saying, there could be other motivations with JJ involved.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I read the article earlier but decided to leave it alone.

It seems like Shai and Bridges careers are inextricably interwoven.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pretty much, the old rule of thumb is the guy who asks for a trade has to give more than the person asked. It seems a lot to me, but if the Suns were looking to move JJ, then they get a two for one. They end up with a player, and they got rid of a problem, too. Just saying, there could be other motivations with JJ involved.

Turns out that Jackson and the #6 for Shai doesn't work under the CBA, anyway. Jackson, Okobo and #6 for Shai and Harrell does work, and I would be all over that (but the Clippers would hang up the phone, I suspect).

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Those are both interesting. Landing Hart in addition to Lonzo piques my interest for 6.

I’d rather substitute warren for jJ in the SGA trade. But I’d have to think long and hard about passing up 6th and JJ for SGA. Maybe want a future protected pick back in return.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Turns out that Jackson and the #6 for Shai doesn't work under the CBA, anyway. Jackson, Okobo and #6 does for Shai and Harrell does work, and I would be all over that (but the Clippers would hang up the phone, I suspect).
Me too! Throw Harrell in! We just got back Holmes!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Well it would free cap room though - so including him could get us Randle.

I actually can see some merit to both deals - if garland and culver are going to go 4 and 5.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson