Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gimme SGA all day. Ending up with 3 lottery picks from that loaded 2018 draft....yes please. And I much prefer SGA to Ball.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gimme SGA all day. Ending up with 3 lottery picks from that loaded 2018 draft....yes please. And I much prefer SGA to Ball.

I slightly prefer SGA - but I am not nearly as impressed with him as most people seem to be.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo is again strongly saying the Suns will not trade the #6 pick for Lonzo - like he has been told this. And he is saying they will not trade the #6 for Dinwiddie.

He is acting like Coby White is the Suns first choice at 6.

This is idiotic if we are talking about using it to draft Coby White. Absolutely idiotic.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny, I just scouted him yesterday on a flyer.

Luka doesn't currently have the strength and stable base to survive in this league. He gets pushed off balance easily and doesn't have a power game at all. However, the guy runs like a gazelle and has elite open court speed for his size. Seems like he has a high game IQ as well. He could develop into something but he has to get some "fight" in him to start competing. (Reminds me of Dragan a little).

In true Suns fashion of always drafting the wrong brother, now we can draft the wrong Luka

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gambo is again strongly saying the Suns will not trade the #6 pick for Lonzo - like he has been told this. And he is saying they will not trade the #6 for Dinwiddie.

He is acting like Coby White is the Suns first choice at 6.

This is idiotic if we are talking about using it to draft Coby White. Absolutely idiotic.

I would prefer Hunter or Garland, but I would be okay with White at #6...as long as we also acquired a veteran point guard to start ahead of him (same goes for Garland).

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would prefer Hunter or Garland, but I would be okay with White at #6...as long as we also acquired a veteran point guard to start ahead of him (same goes for Garland).

Over Lonzo? You like White more than Lonzo?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Over Lonzo?

I can't stand Lonzo. Can't shoot from anywhere (including the free throw line), bad attitude, major drama with his father, can't stay healthy, and ultimately wants to be in L.A. (which means he goes back there in 2 years).

I would prefer Culver at #6 to trading #6 for Lonzo, and that's saying a lot, considering that I consider Culver the worst case scenario pick at #6.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I keep looking at video on White - what are people seeing in this guy? That he has a decent step back 3? Because as far as I can tell that is all he has going for him.

Why not just resign Troy Daniels - he is actually superior in every way.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are both interesting. Landing Hart in addition to Lonzo piques my interest for 6.

I’d rather substitute warren for jJ in the SGA trade. But I’d have to think long and hard about passing up 6th and JJ for SGA. Maybe want a future protected pick back in return.

I'd do it straight up JJ and 6th pick for SGA. We KNOW SGA can play PG and has big upside and if sign intend to sign Oubre, we're already logjam at the 3. If you could get the Clippers to bite on Warren and 6 for SGA of course I'd do it, but I doubt that gets a deal done.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I slightly prefer SGA - but I am not nearly as impressed with him as most people seem to be.

Really? Key contributor on a playoff team as a rookie. 48%FG, 37%3FG, 80%FT. Good defender. Good size. I think he's a perfect fit for our team

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
I can't stand Lonzo. Can't shoot from anywhere (including the free throw line), bad attitude, major drama with his father, can't stay healthy, and ultimately wants to be in L.A. (which means he goes back there in 2 years).

I would prefer Culver at #6 to trading #6 for Lonzo, and that's saying a lot, considering that I consider Culver the worst case scenario pick at #6.
I agree. I wouldn't give up anything of value for Ball. In fact, I consider acquiring him as subtraction by addition. Stay away from him. (I seriously wouldn't trade JJ straight up for him)

White isn't a shiny gem that we should be coveting, but he isn't trash either. He's a quality prospect in a weak draft. The truth is that there just isn't a guy that I HAVE to have over him. He has equal number of question marks that Culver/Reddish/Garland have.

I'd rather have Shai over Coby, so I'm fine with altering the trade to #6 for Shai straight up. But giving JJ and #6 is too much. Shai hasn't done that much in his rookie year to increase his value from last year. He looks exactly like he was projected to look.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I keep looking at video on White - what are people seeing in this guy? That he has a decent step back 3? Because as far as I can tell that is all he has going for him.

Why not just resign Troy Daniels - he is actually superior in every way.
That's basically the NBA skill I feel he has, shooting the three He does seem able to draw fouls on drives, too. Most of the highlight reels are misleading in that you aren't watching games, so you can't really see their defense, unless the highlighter makes it a point of emphasis on the highlights. I just have to take the word of regular guys putting together these highlight peices that his defense isn't good.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really? Key contributor on a playoff team as a rookie. 48%FG, 37%3FG, 80%FT. Good defender. Good size. I think he's a perfect fit for our team

He's alright. I don't think he is ever going to be a top tier PG. Most likely he is going to be a career average starter. Like 15ppg 6ast.

Doesn't really matter, it sounds like AD to the Lakers is all but a done deal at this point.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'd do it straight up JJ and 6th pick for SGA. We KNOW SGA can play PG and has big upside and if sign intend to sign Oubre, we're already logjam at the 3. If you could get the Clippers to bite on Warren and 6 for SGA of course I'd do it, but I doubt that gets a deal done.
But you gotta remember it’s not the clips getting those assets, it’s New Orleans. So they are just assets to move to New Orleans.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He's alright. I don't think he is ever going to be a top tier PG. Most likely he is going to be a career average starter. Like 15ppg 6ast.

Doesn't really matter, it sounds like AD to the Lakers is all but a done deal at this point.
I think he’ll be a bigger Conley which would be terrific for us.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's basically the NBA skill I feel he has, shooting the three He does seem able to draw fouls on drives, too. Most of the highlight reels are misleading in that you aren't watching games, so you can't really see their defense, unless the highlighter makes it a point of emphasis on the highlights. I just have to take the word of regular guys putting together these highlight peices that his defense isn't good.

He might be able to draw fouls in college, but he is a crappy ball handler, and is frequently out of control and appears to have very little jumping ability. In the nba people are going to just let him fall on his face out of bounds, pick his pocket, or block his weak layups

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He might be able to draw fouls in college, but he is a crappy ball handler, and is frequently out of control and appears to have very little jumping ability. In the nba people are going to just let him fall on his face out of bounds, pick his pocket, or block his weak layups

Are you describing White, or are you describing Culver?...

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know if all that were happening to me in the NBA, I would be forced to learn how to pass! :) Might work out. ;)

This draft all the guys are flawed. That's why I landed on the side of pick for need. Normally you take best player, but when there's no BEST player available, might as well take PG or PF.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you describing White, or are you describing Culver?...

White screams college is the top level I can compete at. He is an inferior athlete that shot 42% and was inneficent in every way.

I guess people must like his floppy hair so much, they can completely overlook his total lack of game.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
White screams college is the top level I can compete at. He is an inferior athlete that shot 42% and was inneficent in every way.

I guess people must like his floppy hair so much, they can completely overlook his total lack of game.

Just FYI, White's eFG% at 51.6% is higher than Culver's from last year at 50.5% (though granted, Culver's career eFG% is 51.8%). In addition, White is an 80% FT shooter, while Culver is at 70.7% for last year and 68.7% career. Culver is a far superior rebounder and has a higher usage rate, which explains his higher PER, but otherwise the numbers are pretty darn comparable, only White is younger and plays a position of need.