Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I keep reading they feel he and Booker can play together. I am thinking that makes Booker PF at least in the fourth quarters for them to be on the court together?

I think you mean PG, and Booker at PG has been a disaster, especially in fourth quarters. And believe it or not, Culver is significantly worse than Booker as a distributor and facilitator. It would be last season's debacle all over again.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think you mean PG, and Booker at PG has been a disaster, especially in fourth quarters. And believe it or not, Culver is significantly worse than Booker as a distributor and facilitator. It would be last season's debacle all over again.
All I can see is they hope he is a good enough shooter or scorer that it keeps the double team off Booker. Or it's a smoke screen to get Atlanta to move up.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is one of those things the Cardinals were trying to do with their pick. Gin up interest to trade with us for our 6th pick. Hey team with three picks, we like the guy you like!

I don't. I think the interest is real, and justified. His floor is a little lower than Clarke's (who I also really like) but his up-side is considerably higher - watching his improvement so far, I expect he has a good chance of reaching that potential. But as I've said before, I wouldn't be surprised if some GM didn't grab him before our pick.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't. I think the interest is real, and justified. His floor is a little lower than Clarke's (who I also really like) but his up-side is considerably higher - watching his improvement so far, I expect he has a good chance of reaching that potential. But as I've said before, I wouldn't be surprised if some GM didn't grab him before our pick.

So you believe the Suns plan to ignore their gaping holes and continue stockpiling wings for a third consecutive year? If so, who is leading the decision-making process?

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Then we play Booker, Culver, Bridges, Oubre and Ayton as our starters or fourth quarter finishers? Kind of a small squad.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Then we play Booker, Culver, Bridges, Oubre and Ayton as our starters or fourth quarter finishers? Kind of a small squad.

Not to mention a squad without a distributor or facilitator. The offense with that line-up would be nothing but isos and contested jumpers and would grind to an absolute halt.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe but I think it will be more like Booker, Culver, Bridges, Randle and Ayton as our starters. I'm not sure we'll be able to keep Oubre if we decide to go after Randle. I think we'll also see a lot of Tyler, Booker, Culver/Bridges, Randle and Ayton. We're going to be short on outside shooters if we go that route but I really just do not see a perfect solution for us this offseason.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Maybe but I think it will be more like Booker, Culver, Bridges, Randle and Ayton as our starters. I'm not sure we'll be able to keep Oubre if we decide to go after Randle. I think we'll also see a lot of Tyler, Booker, Culver/Bridges, Randle and Ayton. We're going to be short on outside shooters if we go that route but I really just do not see a perfect solution for us this offseason.
After the tweet out by the Suns yesterday, I am thinking Oubre is being teased to sign soon. So maybe Randle is out? I know we have an MLE that Gambo says is going to a potential PG. I am thinking we would need to move 1 or 2 players to fit Randle. I do know the rumors and different combinations seem numerous for a team with not a lot of cap space.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

- Jeremy Woo, Sports Illustrated

Back to the two guards again! :)

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont follow college ball at all, nor do i scout or read up on draftees, but Culver (eye test) looks to me like his a veteran out there, yes i know its against college kids. He reminds me of Joe Johnson, calculated dribbles and shots.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I dont follow college ball at all, nor do i scout or read up on draftees, but Culver (eye test) looks to me like his a veteran out there, yes i know its against college kids. He reminds me of Joe Johnson, calculated dribbles and shots.
I was thinking he reminded me of that, too! Which would not be bad. Except we would have Joe Johnson and Devin Booker on the floor at the same time. Still not sure how that works. I can see Booker, then Joe Johnson comes off the bench and they split minutes at the 2 guard spot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking he reminded me of that, too! Which would not be bad. Except we would have Joe Johnson and Devin Booker on the floor at the same time. Still not sure how that works. I can see Booker, then Joe Johnson comes off the bench and they split minutes at the 2 guard spot.

Joe Johnson was a fairly good passer most of his career.

I'm not sure if the Suns would start Culver but I do not see why Booker and Culver could not share the same backcourt at times.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is the thing - with KD's injury it improves the lakers chances at getting AD greatly.

If they trade the #4 pick to the pelicans - I doubt the pelicans would draft Garland - and I don't think Cleveland will either - so he should be there at 6.

Apparently the Pelicans want the AD deal done ASAP - and the knicks are all but out of the running now - and probably Boston too with Kyrie looking like he is going to the Nets.

I now also think the liklihood is Russell will resign with the nets and Dinwiddie should be available.

So I actually am thinking this KD injury may have helped the Suns quite a bit.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Joe Johnson was a fairly good passer most of his career.

I'm not sure if the Suns would start Culver but I do not see why Booker and Culver could not share the same backcourt at times.

Because there would be nobody to facilitate the offense or distribute. It would be a particularly bad form of hero ball.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Here is the thing - with KD's injury it improves the lakers chances at getting AD greatly.

If they trade the #4 pick to the pelicans - I doubt the pelicans would draft Garland - and I don't think Cleveland will either - so he should be there at 6.

Apparently the Pelicans want the AD deal done ASAP - and the knicks are all but out of the running now - and probably Boston too with Kyrie looking like he is going to the Nets.

I now also think the liklihood is Russell will resign with the nets and Dinwiddie should be available.

Or hurt us, as now the Nets will likely keep both Russell and Dinwiddie to go along with Kyrie, as they will not have a second star to sign this offseason (other than re-signing Russell), while the Lakers get AD for less than they would have had to pay for him during the season.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

You must not have seen him in his last three NCAA Tournament games...

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I'm not following your logic about KD here.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not following your logic about KD here.

Basically he was going to most likely sign with the Knicks or the Nets along with Kyrie.

Now the Nets are no longer interested in him, and the Knicks might be, but Kyrie is not going to sign with them to be without KD for at least a year. So now it is all but certain Kyrie is signing with the Nets.

So, the knicks are no longer in the AD sweepstakes. That basically means the lakers are the only team he is willing to sign a long term contract with that are interested in him. One of the key assets that they would trade for him is their #4 pick. There is no rich paul connection to the pelicans - in fact they probably hate him for what they have done with AD, and they already have Jrue as their starting PG, so I think it is much less likely they would choose Garland than the Lakers.

Cleveland has Sexton they just drafted last year - so if that trade happens there is a good chance Garland will be available for the Suns.

I don't think the Nets will want to have two max guards, who both can play point plus pay Dinwiddie another 10 million a year for him to play 15 minutes a game. For one that is a bad utilization of money per minutes, for another Dinwiddie is not going to be happy in the least getting so little playing time.

You know - the nets should be the ones going after AD. They can outbid the Lakers, and he might be willing to sign long term with them.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must not have seen him in his last three NCAA Tournament games...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Then what makes you say he looks like a veteran or that he looks like Joe Johnson?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Knicks still have two spots open for any two stars/superstars. Very rarely do we see team friendly deals, heck Klay and KD come to mind who've taken team friendly deals to make it work. But the Knicks are still attractive for anyone, max money and max minutes aka this is my team. Knicks only draw back is the huge spotlight and GM.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Knicks still have two spots open for any two stars/superstars. Very rarely do we see team friendly deals, heck Klay and KD come to mind who've taken team friendly deals to make it work. But the Knicks are still attractive for anyone, max money and max minutes aka this is my team. Knicks only draw back is the huge spotlight and GM.

Why are they attractive? They have nothing. Their team talent wise is far far worse than the suns.

They need two superstars to be competitive - what combo of 2 can they possibly get without KD?

Kawai is going to LA if he leaves - he doesn't want NY.

Maybe Kyrie - but only if they can get AD first. I don't see how they have the assets to get AD. They have the #3 pick - and pretty much nothing else.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why are they attractive? They have nothing. Their team talent wise is far far worse than the suns.

They need two superstars to be competitive - what combo of 2 can they possibly get without KD?

Maybe Kyrie - but only if they can get AD first. I don't see how they have the assets to get AD. They have the #3 pick - and pretty much nothing else.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Now they are talking Kawhi may stay in Toronto. So with the KD injury the top two guys may be off the market. So if both guys stay where they are, then that makes this whole free agent mess a lot messier.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

The third pick and Mitchell Robinson are valuable. I'd take Robinson over any player on the Lakers short of Lebron. They also have the Dallas picks they received in the Porzingis trade. Kevin Knox, DSJ, Alonzo Trier are interesting young pieces. Not a treasure trove, but they can make a legitimate offer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard