Suns free agency recap and going forward

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Okay I can't have 1 person dominating all discussion and just fighting with everyone.

1Sun gets 1month
This is like the 4th time you've banned him. At what point do the moderators say, "enough is enough?" It's not going to get better

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What could we offer the Bulls in a sign and trade for Markenen? He seems like the ideal fit at the 4?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I just don't like what is out there in FA that is left for the forward position. Paul Milsap is probably the best option there but he looked really slow last year and I am not sure he could stay on the floor with this squad for that reason alone. All the silence leads me to believe that James Jones might be working on a trade. If so, I think Stix and possibly Dario's is likely being dangled.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Okay I can't have 1 person dominating all discussion and just fighting with everyone.

1Sun gets 1month
My thing is that he constantly derails EVERY thread into complaining about what he thinks is wrong with the team.

I tested it out by looking at his posts, and I wouldn't doubt if he complained about lacking a PF on the Coyotes forum. I can't figure out whether he is purposefully trolling like this or if he has some really strange obsessions.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
All the silence leads me to believe that James Jones might be working on a trade. If so, I think Stix and possibly Dario's is likely being dangled.
Hard to imagine a Stix/Dario package would return anything of value.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
What could we offer the Bulls in a sign and trade for Markenen? He seems like the ideal fit at the 4?

Without moving any of our core players, Saric/Smith/future first is pretty much all we could offer, and I don’t think that would be enough to get it done.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My thing is that he constantly derails EVERY thread into complaining about what he thinks is wrong with the team.

I tested it out by looking at his posts, and I wouldn't doubt if he complained about lacking a PF on the Coyotes forum. I can't figure out whether he is purposefully trolling like this or if he has some really strange obsessions.
I post in Yotes..d backs and cards.
He is the same there. He picks a few players to bash but always comes back to the coach or gm and owner. I cant figure it out. Like a total bombardment on Az sports.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go Frank! I was expecting this. He should be fine for a depth player who can play some as well.

Also I'm guessing he signs for the minimum.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The affinity that this FO has with this clown continues to baffle me.

Fire James Jones. Waste of a roster space
He’s the 3rd Center on the team. Compare him to other 3rd Centers in the NBA and he is relatively productive. Plus he is a good locker room guy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The affinity that this FO has with this clown continues to baffle me.

Fire James Jones. Waste of a roster space

When Frank plays consistently he generally produces. The problem is Monty often seems hesitant to play him. Suns could do far worse for a deep bench player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns still need a power forward but I would like a ball handler as well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still would like to see us take a swing at Justise Winslow. I think he could be a Craig like player if he can stay healthy.

I'd be fine with Winslow but I'm starting to feel like the Suns sign Millsap.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
How quickly some people forget Dario getting COVID this past season. Guess who filled in during his absence?

And I think we ran off some win streaks during that time.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like retaining Frank because I know he's better than a lot of end of the bench Centers out there. We saw Damien Jones fail spectacularly here as Ayton's backup and a lot the players who have signed for minimal deals elsewhere would likely turn out similar to Jones.

We know what Frank can and can't do and what he can do is play alongside Ayton for some stretches and that is something I hoped for from our 3rd string Center.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns can sign veteran minimum players they can preserve the remainder of MLE and BAE which may come in handy later in the season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How quickly some people forget Dario getting COVID this past season. Guess who filled in during his absence?

And I think we ran off some win streaks during that time.

To be fair I think most who dislike Frank now have always disliked Frank and nothing will change that. I know what stretch you're referring to and he had detractors then as well.

Main thing is he's cheap and pushed further down the bench with the McGee signing so adding him as a 12th man is solid, IMO. He's the new age Pat Burke.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
To be fair I think most who dislike Frank now have always disliked Frank and nothing will change that. I know what stretch you're referring to and he had detractors then as well.

Main thing is he's cheap and pushed further down the bench with the McGee signing so adding him as a 12th man is solid, IMO. He's the new age Pat Burke.
He’s easily better than Pat Burke too.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

That's what is pretty funny about some of the consternation on this forum: the Suns are looking for players like the 12th best player on the team at this point.

It's like Cardinals fans arguing over the 52nd best player on the team. It's madness. Rarely are any of these players going to matter much. The Suns lost because of Paul's injury and some of the young guys not stepping up enough.