Suns fire Jeff Hornacek

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised, I figured they'd just not bring him back after the season. I wonder if he didn't help this along? It will be interesting to see if we're going the interim route or if we have the longterm choice ready to step in.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Too late, it doesn't make any sense anymore, unless we sign a big-name coach that in summer we probably couldn't.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"If something doesn't change quick, it could get really ugly, really fast," Suns forward P.J. Tucker told the Arizona Republic after last night's (sic) news.

Dragic and Thomas each burned us, on our home court no less, Marcus Morris bent us over as well, we lost to the lakers, got swept by Philly, scored the least amount of points in a half ever against the league's worst defensive team, knight - our star player we traded a valuable pick for - gets his own top 10 from espn for boneheaded plays (that's a first, afaict), Morris is somehow still here stinking up the joint, and when we finally look like we're truly awful and a top three pick is within our grasp, we fire the one guy who'd almost certainly guarantee it...

PJ - sorry pal but we passed really ugly a long, long time ago.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was for firing Hornacek early in the season but right now doesn't make much sense. The team was tanking and he was helping them in that regard. His rotations were a mess but I don't think that warranted firing him before the season was over. I think this happened because the team doesn't plan on making any moves at the deadline and letting Hornacek go at least lets the team claim they did something to improve going forward.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Should of just kept him and traded the expensive veterans.

He was driving a nice tank.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Why was Warren a DNP yesterday?

Surprising they did not wait until the offseason. But I am not sure if Hornacek was all that interested in developing the young guys even in this lost season he immediately moves Alex Len back to the bench after 2 bad games.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I read somewhere Warren is "injured". It's not anything serious but it was like a bruised hip or something. If the team was winning and he was a part of the rotation then I could see him playing through it but why rush back when you don't even know if you'll be used?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I read somewhere Warren is "injured". It's not anything serious but it was like a bruised hip or something. If the team was winning and he was a part of the rotation then I could see him playing through it but why rush back when you don't even know if you'll be used?

Ankle injury. He tried to play through it in the Knicks game and probably made it worse.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm surprised that Markieff made it longer than Hornacek. When does Kieff get traded so Suns can finally move on?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm surprised that Markieff made it longer than Hornacek. When does Kieff get traded so Suns can finally move on?

I really hope this doesn't mean the team plans on keeping Markieff. I'm sure he's happy with this news but that shouldn't mean the team should keep him, even if he wants to stay now. I don't know where his problems with the franchise came from, Sarver, McD, or Hornacek, but I'm sure Jeff was a part of the problem but Markieff is supposed to be a professional and he's been anything but these last 2 seasons.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I'm concerned that the team will now win extra inspirational games as a result. Counterintuitive to the plan.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
There are only two explanations for this

a) They think Hornacek is holding back the young guys

or

b) They want him gone before the season to immediately start the search for a coach for next season

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a good thing we made this move. Our coveted 14th draft slot was slipping from our grasp.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Hope y'all ready to welcome a familiar face back at HC. Like it or not, which I do. Its going to happen. Saver and Nash spent a lot of time talking recently and both are friends of this person.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope y'all ready to welcome a familiar face back at HC. Like it or not, which I do. Its going to happen. Saver and Nash spent a lot of time talking recently and both are friends of this person.

Bring Nash in. Would love to see how he would do

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Surprising they did not wait until the offseason. But I am not sure if Hornacek was all that interested in developing the young guys even in this lost season he immediately moves Alex Len back to the bench after 2 bad games.

He busted his ankle. He had trouble moving (he was visible hobbling against New York.)

As for Hornacek, it just had to happen. You can't lose this many games and not get fired. He lost this team last year, and it's a miracle he hadn't been fired sooner.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I was out before the game. Must have been an injury or something.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
There are only two explanations for this

a) They think Hornacek is holding back the young guys

or

b) They want him gone before the season to immediately start the search for a coach for next season

You left out

c) They still think this team can make the playoffs and hope that they can go undefeated with a different coach.

Knowing this organization, I think C is the most likely.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Mike D'Antoni? with Steve Nash as his assistant.
Not sure Mike would want to come back and work for Sarver again..

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, this should be even better for our lottery positioning, putting a green interim coach in as HC for the rest of the season. We've been losing under Jeff, but some of these games have been a little too competitive at times. ;-)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard