Suns fire assistant coaches

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Whaaa? Why not clean house with Jeff at the same time? This makes no sense to me unless they are planning on using those guys as scapegoats...

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Oh, I get it. Guys everything is fine now, it was all the assistant coaches fault! We are so good now. Man, what a relief! I thought we just sucked but now that I know it was the Assistant coaches who were the problem, well then... #Championship

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The next three games are against Cleveland, San Antonio and Oklahoma City. Maybe they don't want to stick the interim coach with three losses to start. I know no other reason to not fire Horny.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
That's weird, I thought that Sichting was the heir apparent. Now who steps in when Hornacek gets sacked?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol... The buck stops... with the assistant coaches?! Just fire Horny and get it over with before you make the franchise look any more inept then it already is.

Hate $arver, Blabby and McD'oh!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol... The buck stops... with the assistant coaches?! Just fire Horny and get it over with before you make the franchise look any more inept then it already is.

Hate $arver, Blabby and McD'oh!

It's just night and day between the Cardinals and the Suns. Sad really that the franchise that owned the valley as I grew up has fallen so far.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
It's just night and day between the Cardinals and the Suns. Sad really that the franchise that owned the valley as I grew up has fallen so far.

They switched places. The Suns are now the Cardinals with a bad owner and bad front office, and the Cardinals are now the Suns, an owner who gives a damn with a competent front office.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
For every one step the Cardinals take, the Suns take two steps back.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

bwgood77

Reaction score
The next three games are against Cleveland, San Antonio and Oklahoma City. Maybe they don't want to stick the interim coach with three losses to start. I know no other reason to not fire Horny.

Exactly

bwgood77

Reaction score
They switched places. The Suns are now the Cardinals with a bad owner and bad front office, and the Cardinals are now the Suns, an owner who gives a damn with a competent front office.

Without a doubt, but Arians is the most impressive to me. What a phenomenal coach. I mean, despite multiple injuries, they just bring it big time every game.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Without a doubt, but Arians is the most impressive to me. What a phenomenal coach. I mean, despite multiple injuries, they just bring it big time every game.

Don't forget who hired Arians. Also, Keim has done an amazing job churning the roster to keep it competitive, e.g. - dj swearinger, dwight freeney, john abraham, tommy kelly, & chris johnson just to name a few.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

The Suns are now George... I can see Sarver now, "Don't you see Jerry, I'm George!" "I'm George!!" [emoji3]

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Longabardi was that little guy that always had something drawn up after timeouts.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Firing Jeff's lead assistants might be a way to force Jeff to quit on his own rather than Saver / McD having to outright fire a beloved member of the Suns family. It might still be coming. My quess is if Jeff doesnt leave on his own, a change at HC might occur after the first of the year.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Horny last as the head coach to finish the season??

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Firing Jeff's lead assistants might be a way to force Jeff to quit on his own rather than Saver / McD having to outright fire a beloved member of the Suns family. It might still be coming. My quess is if Jeff doesnt leave on his own, a change at HC might occur after the first of the year.

I think you're reading too much into it. Jeff is barely a beloved sun. I mean he was in Utah first and played there as well.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I think you're reading too much into it. Jeff is barely a beloved sun. I mean he was in Utah first and played there as well.

Check your history. He was drafted by the Suns and was one of the best players on some rosters that went deep in the playoffs. He was the centerpiece of the Barkley trade, stayed only a brief time in Philadelphia, and then played the remainder of his career in Utah.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Check your history. He was drafted by the Suns and was one of the best players on some rosters that went deep in the playoffs. He was the centerpiece of the Barkley trade, stayed only a brief time in Philadelphia, and then played the remainder of his career in Utah.

I read it the same way initially but after a re-read I'm pretty sure he meant as a coach when he referenced Utah as first ("and played there as well").

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Does Horny last as the head coach to finish the season??

No. We are entering a 25 game stretch where we will likely win between 0 and 5 games. Considering our start thus far I don't see how any Head Coach could survive that.