Suns @ Clippers Wednesday WCF game thread 6-30-2021 - Game 6

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Saw a random person on Twitter say they heard Brian Windhorst say he thought Scott Foster would officiate game 6.

I know 3rd hand rumor bs plus half of you don’t believe in ref conspiracies. But that guy really sucks. Hope it’s not true.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw a random person on Twitter say they heard Brian Windhorst say he thought Scott Foster would officiate game 6.

I know 3rd hand rumor bs plus half of you don’t believe in ref conspiracies. But that guy really sucks. Hope it’s not true.

i don’t believe in conspiracies but better Game 6 than 7 with Foster!

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns have to find their ball movement on offense. It would also help to get some more guys off the bench to play hard hard defense for 2 or 3 minutes per
period

And they have to start making 3',s

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man you really are sunshine!

we’re ONE game away from the Finals. This is BEYOND RARE. We haven’t had this good of a chance to win a title in 28 YEARS. There will be PLENTY of time to be dark and moody if we don’t get there. Until then, I’m still enjoying the journey and am going to look forward to every game to see how we respond next. Because guess what... more often than not this season, the response has been pleasantly surprising if not awesome.

Going woe is me at this point is pointless to the point of masochism that even I won’t entertain.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we’re ONE game away from the Finals. This is BEYOND RARE. We haven’t had this good of a chance to win a title in 28 YEARS. There will be PLENTY of time to be dark and moody if we don’t get there. Until then, I’m still enjoying the journey and am going to look forward to every game to see how we respond next. Because guess what... more often than not this season, the response has been pleasantly surprising if not awesome.

Going woe is me at this point is pointless to the point of masochism that even I won’t entertain.

I was perfectly content with simply enjoying the run. As soon as we took a 3-1 lead that changed everything. The Clips at that point would have to win 3 straight. All we had to do is win 1. We still have two more chances and we are in the finals. That's a big deal.

Think about this. In 93, nobody thought that would be the last time that team would make it there. I still have my Sports Illustrated over predicting they would be back in the finals the next year. When Nash's Suns came so close I thought for sure before that run was done we would get there. None of that happened.

The reality is this might be the only time this team gets here. You must take advantage of every opportunity and act like it may never happen again. Go Suns!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

I can’t believe we are so in sync on this.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score

I agree!

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
If the Suns win the Larry O’Brien trophy this season, I may temporarily forgive Robert Sarver for the dumpster fire he created. Anything short of an NBA championship and we are still just a team run by Robert Sarver. May not get a chance like this again….Can’t waste it

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Suns have to find their ball movement on offense. It would also help to get some more guys off the bench to play hard hard defense for 2 or 3 minutes per
period

And they have to start making 3',s

And Crowder needs to stop shooting threes. I blame our losses as much on his three shooting as anything. He's only had one game shooting a good percentage from the the arc that I remember...in the whole playoffs!

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just read up on the 2006 playoffs I remember alot of them but wow...lakers up on us 3 - 1 we win game 7 to win 3 in a row...Clippers next series dog fight and we win in 7. Phoenix is tough....yes we have PTSD but damn we tough

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Phoenix Suns seek urgency to finish off LA Clippers in Game 6

Phoenix Suns forward Cameron Johnson pointed to “an element of relentless that we talk about all the time” that was missing in the team’s Game 5 loss to the LA Clippers in the Western Conference finals.

Coach Monty Williams spoke similarly when discussing the switch Phoenix needs to hit to take up its performance a notch to close out the resilient Clippers in Wednesday’s Game 6 at Staples Center.

“Getting your butt kicked like that should turn it on,” Williams said Tuesday after his team’s 116-102 loss. “I think our guys are feeling it right now. We have already talked about it. We’ll talk about it again tomorrow. But from a competitive standpoint, they got us and that should turn your switch on. We should play Suns basketball with that edge and relentlessness every time we step on the floor. We didn’t do it consistently, and tonight is a reminder you have to play 48 minutes in that mode, especially in the playoffs.”

Reaction score
Maybe it's the best shot the Suns have ever had to win a Championship. The home court advantage, the spectacular Suns fans going crazy (not at the same level of Mr Leonard during G4, obviously :p), the Suns UP 3-1 vs the Clippers, the Valley Oop, the best Clippers player out for injury. But now, everything has to be perfect to go the Finals!
CP3 seemed really out of sync but in game six he has to be on a mission, Book has to demonstrate again at the Staples to be one of the best, DA has to dominate the boards and the whole supporting cast has to step up (by the way, what a player Cam Johnson!!!!!).
Game six is the one to win imo. Too much pressure on the Suns in case of a game 7 (also if at the Phoenix Suns Arena).
George and Jackson have to begin to miss some shots and at a certain point the Clippers have to remember they are the losing team of L.A.
Let's beat them!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns defense has to keep the Clippers out of the paint for easy shots. Also Suns have to run their .5 offense and move the ball to the open shooter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Zubac is out again, I sure hope that Monty has figured out how to deal with that small Clips lineup.

And DeMarcus Cousins off the bench.

Those small lineup really caused Utah trouble. Maybe Monty should call Quin Snyder and see if he has any thoughts.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need to keep PG off the boards. Its crazy that he's averaging 15 a game in the last 3 outings. That helps the Clippers push faster into their offense. Maybe switch Crowder onto him. Got to make some changes, not huge, but I think PG playing out of this world the last couple of games is the main reason they've had their way with us. He sets the tone for their team.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PG shot 75% last game no way in hell should a guy shoot like that. Bridges needs to step up on defense and I want Graig the first guy off the bench in his face the whole game. Those two guys got 12 fouls use them

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns were switching everything way too easy last game. This allowed the clips to get the matchups they wanted. They singled out Booker early I believe.

Zone. Suns finally ran some switching/screens with the corner guy and the guy up top in the 4th iirc. We will need more of that.

game 5 reminded me of the Nash era where the Spurs just shut down the nash amare pNr because that’s all we ran. Least back then we ran it at different angles on different parts of the court.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PG shot 75% last game no way in hell should a guy shoot like that. Bridges needs to step up on defense and I want Graig the first guy off the bench in his face the whole game. Those two guys got 12 fouls use them

It's curious why the Suns went away from Craig for Nader.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And Crowder needs to stop shooting threes. I blame our losses as much on his three shooting as anything. He's only had one game shooting a good percentage from the the arc that I remember...in the whole playoffs!
Then you can’t play him. You can’t have a guy who receives the ball with a shot he’s supposed to take and have him not take it. It allows the defense to play 5 on 4. We are already struggling against 5 on 5.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose