Suns @ Celtics, Thur 3-14-24

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but people complaining about Vogel tonight… Come on. I really don't have a problem with the Phoenix Suns effort either. There's been some pretty bad turnovers, but I think most of those were in the first half when the game was actually close.

The Boston Celtics are shooting the lights out from the three tonight command without looking at stats I would say minimally half of those they had a hand right in their face. The phoenix suns on the other hand have pretty much shopped like poo from three even though most of their shots have been open. On top of that the "allow them to play" officiating almost always favors the other team with these guys

My only real complaint with Vogel is that he didn't challenge that third call on Devin Booker that was a pretty obvious offensive foul by brown

Joe
You can’t tell me that with Booker, Durant and Beal and as much as this team plays hero ball and struggles to get anything going it’s not coaching. Plus, Vogel is supposed to be a defensive guru. if you don’t think this team is underperforming on both ends I am not sure what you are watching.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can’t tell me that with Booker, Durant and Beal and as much as this team plays hero ball and struggles to get anything going it’s not coaching. Plus, Vogel is supposed to be a defensive guru. if you don’t think this team is underperforming on both ends I am not sure what you are watching.

They are to your point, but he’s also not completely wrong.

It’s more than a few problems with this team. Coaching is one. Offense is one.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Brown has already intercepted this pass by Allen several times over our two meeting, we still always commit them, from most everybody. Damn it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don’t care what coach we had, we are not beating the celts when they shoot the 3 like this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They have well-run offense sets and perfect understandings among teammates. We don't, not even on defense. If we win, it's on pure talent.
Never see defenses scramble on us the way we routinely run around the court like chickens with our heads cut off only to give up dunks or wide open 3s.

The playoffs are going to awful. I wish I could quit watching. The sports idiot in me won’t allow it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brown has already intercepted this pass by Allen several times over our two meeting, we still always commit them, from most everybody. Damn it.

The lazy and sloppy play on this team is something else. It's the only consistency on offense.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This team was built for the playoffs.

That said, they aren't built for these playoffs. Stick a fork into the season and go into next year with a better plan -- preferably with a better coach that holds players accountable and won't get starstruck.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t see the suns ever beating this team in a series.
I’m dubious this Suns team beats any team in any series in the playoffs this year. I’m a little dubious they make it there at all. We’re the 8 seed after tonight, right?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but people complaining about Vogel tonight… Come on. I really don't have a problem with the Phoenix Suns effort either. There's been some pretty bad turnovers, but I think most of those were in the first half when the game was actually close.

The Boston Celtics are shooting the lights out from the three tonight command without looking at stats I would say minimally half of those they had a hand right in their face. The phoenix suns on the other hand have pretty much shopped like poo from three even though most of their shots have been open. On top of that the "allow them to play" officiating almost always favors the other team with these guys

My only real complaint with Vogel is that he didn't challenge that third call on Devin Booker that was a pretty obvious offensive foul by brown

Joe
I’ll never understand the comments “they shot the lights out and we couldn’t hit the board side of the barn” as some sort of excuse for the suns. Yeah, the name of the game is making shots and stopping the other team from making shots. If that comment is your excuse, there is no excuse. You didn’t do your job on either end of the court. Period.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s TOTALLY the refs fault that we’ve given up 10 THREES in the first 15 minutes of the second half. I think they’ve got magnets in the ball and rim to help the Celtics make the threes! Ridiculous!
I mean you do realize both of these things can be true, right? Like I don't think the referees have been the difference in the game tonight, but I definitely believe it's worked in the celtics favor tonight.

They've just beaten us all the way around and especially with their three-point shooting and our terrible three-point shooting tonight.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I still got faith. We start clicking we can beat anyone....and beat em bad. Just need to figure it out...quick

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I’m dubious this Suns team beats any team in any series in the playoffs this year. I’m a little dubious they make it there at all. We’re the 8 seed after tonight, right?
Tied with Dallas at 8. Due to head-to-head, we would be 8th and Mavs 7th.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah I mean I'm not a fan of all of the isolation, but Celtics have also been together as a core for several years wow this is the first year for this Phoenix Suns team.

Vogel needs to get thrown out of this game. I would be on the verge of assaulting one of these referees right now
But chemistry is meaningless if your offense is about ISO’s. So who cares how long the suns have been together. It’s irrelevant in Vogel’s “offense” (and I use that word derisively).

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You could be right.

it is a very depressing situation. even with a new coach i can’t see this team being good enough, and I really don’t think they will go into rebuild mode.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns wrecked! Middy's can't compete with three's in todays NBA.
Every Celtic can shoot the three. Suns are just too inconsistent
beyond the arc.

It’s amazing. Our bench stinks, suns can’t buy a three. Other teams have bench guys popping off threes every game it seems.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guess our big 3 decided to not show up and shot poorly against a red hot shooting Cs team. That’s it in a nutshell 25 threes and Suns shooting stars all played average at best. Careless uninspiring basketball on other Suns part all game basically…

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll never understand the comments “they shot the lights out and we couldn’t hit the board side of the barn” as some sort of excuse for the suns. Yeah, the name of the game is making shots and stopping the other team from making shots. If that comment is your excuse, there is no excuse. You didn’t do your job on either end of the court. Period.
Yeah, but I wasn't excusing the players was I? I'm not claiming Vogel has been a fantastic coach either… Not even a really good job coaching. I don't think the difference in the game tonight was the coaching.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson