Suns @ Bucks Wednesday Finals game thread 7-14-2021 - Game 4

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'm sorry but calling Chris Paul an old man when he helped get the Suns to the Finals is tasteless.
Again, we’ll have to agree to disagree.
What Paul did this season was amazing… historic! And, if anyone (@Chaplin perhaps?) we’re to go back into any of the reg season threads, you’ll see me raving about what CP3 was doing!
He’s an old man. And he’s logged more post season mins than every other point guard in the modern era!
And now, he’s got a young strong stud beating on him all game long…
Calling it as you see it doesn’t mean you’re not a fan fellas… geeez…

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyone who thought this series was going to be easy was kidding themselves.

That being said, if Paul's wrist continues to bother him the way it obviously was at the beginning of Game 1, the Suns are in serious trouble.

Paul got a different wrap and recovered nicely the rest of Game 1, but he really has seemed off Games 2-4. One can't help but wonder if Paul aggravates the wrist injury, and we are stuck with early Game 1 Paul for the rest of the series.
They are forcing Paul to his left. They have adjusted. He’s not seeing the elbows like he used too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shut up crybaby. I refused to engaged on this forum but that doesn’t mean i wasn’t paying attention to this team. You the biggest whiner on here crying for 11 years of putrid basketball. Check my history I been on this team.

lol... I’m getting too emotional? Okay.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, we’ll have to agree to disagree.
What Paul did this season was amazing… historic! And, if anyone (@Chaplin perhaps?) we’re to go back into any of the reg season threads, you’ll see me raving about what CP3 was doing!
He’s an old man. And he’s logged more post season mins than every other point guard in the modern era!
And now, he’s got a young strong stud beating on him all game long…
Calling it as you see it doesn’t mean you’re not a fan fellas… geeez…

no one is saying you’re not a fan. You’re just a fan who ****** their pants and quits at the first sign of trouble.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They are forcing Paul to his left. They have adjusted. He’s not seeing the elbows like he used too.

That should be an easy counter-adjustment with a second screener, shouldn't it?

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I get very frustrated with Monty in that he is reminding me of D'Antoni in that he has a Plan A and... nothing else.

I don't feel very confident that he has the flexibility to mix things up, even just within game on a short term basis, when the wheels come off.

I don't think Paul or anyone else needs to be benched, but he has to recognize when things are "off" (for lack of a better word) and then make some kind of adjustments... even just to realign the momentum. But for the most part he seems content with just going with the flow, for better or worse. Either that, or he's just too obstinate to try something different.

I have to admit that it has mostly worked so far... but the season could hinge on his refusal to try something different one of these games. I don't want to see this opportunity go down in flames because Monty is sitting on his hands refusing to counter everything the Bucks are doing.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I loved the way Booker played. What a badass. Sucks that the teams best player had to sit for extended minutes because of fouls two games in a row.

Ayton did great against Giannis. Middleton has a tough time scoring on Bridges.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I get very frustrated with Monty in that he is reminding me of D'Antoni in that he has a Plan A and... nothing else.

I don't feel very confident that he has the flexibility to mix things up, even just within game on a short term basis, when the wheels come off.

I don't think Paul or anyone else needs to be benched, but he has to recognize when things are "off" (for lack of a better word) and then make some kind of adjustments... even just to realign the momentum. But for the most part he seems content with just going with the flow, for better or worse. Either that, or he's just too obstinate to try something different.

I have to admit that it has mostly worked so far... but the season could hinge on his refusal to try something different one of these games. I don't want to see this opportunity go down in flames because Monty is sitting on his hands refusing to counter everything the Bucks are doing.

I disagree about the lack of adjustments. Booker was the primary ball handler for much of the first quarter.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree about the lack of adjustments. Booker was the primary ball handler for much of the first quarter.
I agree but it boggles my mind he would put the ball in Paul’s hands instead of Booker at the end when Paul had that huge turnover. Was he not watching Paul struggle the entire game? That’s on Monty as well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If only you knew… alas, all I can do is chuckle… a lot! :biglaugh:
I agree but it boggles my mind he would put the ball in Paul’s hands instead of Booker at the end when Paul had that huge turnover. Was he not watching Paul struggle the entire game? That’s on Monty as well.

didn’t make sense. Also didn’t make sense to not use Payne a little more in a game he actually gave us a tiny spark.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Stars need to show up. Chris hasn't for the last 5 or 6 quarters IMO.

We need Chris to win this series. He is the engine. Book needs to be rolling off screens. Chris needs to take care of the ball and make all of the dagger three's in crunch time. That's my take.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You the one activating the asterisks bro!

lol... the asterisks get activated by everything now.

and go check that Clippers Game 6 thread I just bumped showing your routine quitter act on the Suns at the first sign of distress... you know... where you said “after a good season it was all crashing down and was soul sucking”... when we were up 3-2 in the series.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I happened to be exorcism projectile vomiting in the bathroom during the last two minutes of the game. Unfortunately I came back to crap when I started the game again. Fun night!

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When the Suns had a nice lead in the 4th quarter, Booker dribbled the ball off Tucker's foot, and it was called Buck's ball. Booker then immediately picked up a frustration foul and had to sit down with 5.

The officiating killed us. But we could have overcome it. Monty should have called a timeout and reviewed the play. We finished the game with 2 unused timeouts for ***** sake. Absolutely poor decision making (although you could argue it shouldn't have been an issue if the referees did their job). That missed call changed the entire momentum of the game and the Suns (CP3) choked it away after that

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The most disheartening thing for me about the loss tonight is this is the type of game the Suns have won all season especially in the playoffs. If Chris Paul even has an average game the Suns win. He is a master at closing out games. It was simply not there tonight.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Payne is a crunch time guy. He's too volatile.

I didn’t want him in there at the very end. Unfortunately you have to ride with Paul even with him playing atrocious. But... hell... I don’t know.

that game just sucked something fierce. This team and its youth will now be tested at the highest level. Game 5 is gonna be nuts!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson