Suns @ Bucks Wednesday Finals game thread 7-14-2021 - Game 4

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well today sure sucks no zzz till 2 am fuzzy head and working later jeez

Really hopin suns keep close next gm..... suns can win in Milwaukee they are a good road team

Also bucks shooters should cool

Fingers crossed on next

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need to let Giannis get his. He did in game 2 and we won handedly. Its a matter of him getting others going, either directly with his passing or because we're so focused on him that we lag off others too much. We allowed others to get comfortable in game 3.

We're not going to stop Giannis, especially without any frontcourt depth behind Ayton. We can and have won when he drops 40+. It also wears him down having to carry that much of a load.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well today sure sucks no zzz till 2 am fuzzy head and working later jeez

Really hopin suns keep close next gm..... suns can win in Milwaukee they are a good road team

Also bucks shooters should cool

Fingers crossed on next
I hope that's it because he is playing like crap.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We need to let Giannis get his. He did in game 2 and we won handedly. Its a matter of him getting others going, either directly with his passing or because we're so focused on him that we lag off others too much. We allowed others to get comfortable in game 3.

We're not going to stop Giannis, especially without any frontcourt depth behind Ayton. We can and have won when he drops 40+. It also wears him down having to carry that much of a load.
It’s definitely a conundrum. We can’t let them get both (giannis gets his and their rest of their team has open looks). The teal issue is that the only way to “slow” giannis and keep Ayton out of foul trouble is to “build the wall” that Paul mentioned. The only way to do so is for defenders to lag into the lane - and no just a little, but a LOT if you’re building a wall. By definition that allows open looks - particularly in the corners which are the absolute worst shots to give up. There’s no way to get back out to those shooters in time if giannis drives hard and kicks.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The problem with that is part of Giannis "getting his" is getting to the line so many damn times. If he is getting his the Suns are picking up a ton of fouls. The Suns have tried playing him straight up with a mix of zone and he is killing us two games in a row. Monty needs to confuse Giannis and throw different looks at him. I heard one analyst on ESPN radio say just double Giannis....let the rest of the team beat you. There is some merit there but pick your poison.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The problem with that is part of Giannis "getting his" is getting to the line so many damn times. If he is getting his the Suns are picking up a ton of fouls. The Suns have tired playing him straight up with a mix of zone and he is killing us two games in a row. Monty needs to confuse Giannis and throw different looks at him. I heard one analyst on ESPN radio say just double Giannis....let the rest of the team beat you. There is some merit there but pick your poison.
You’re basically daring them to outshoot you. If it keeps Ayton on the floor, it may be the proper course of action (if book shows up).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not a chance. This team is cooked.
You think the suns are done? Wow. That’s pretty reactionary. Have you watched all season? Suns have responded to tough and even embarrassing losses all year. The bucks are a good team, they’re not an all-time great team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You think the suns are done? Wow. That’s pretty reactionary. Have you watched all season? Suns have responded to tough and even embarrassing losses all year. The bucks are a good team, they’re not an all-time great team.

Krang admitted earlier he basically didn’t watch the regular season after Saric went down and then claimed it was no loss because Saric was nothing more than an end of bench scrub.

the overreaction hysterics (in two consecutive series that the Suns were and are currently winning 3-2 and 2-1 in the WCF and Finals no less) from multiple posters here who didn’t pay attention to the Suns or post here all season and now are routinely showing up after losses, declaring the imminent setting of the Suns is becoming comical.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has not clarified. If he is saying the Suns are done he is being hysterical.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You’re basically daring them to outshoot you. If it keeps Ayton on the floor, it may be the proper course of action (if book shows up).
The risk in doubling Giannis (they did this several times last night), is he is extremely adept at finding the open Portis/Middleton under the hoop. This is a huge problem for the Suns...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Not a chance. This team is cooked.
Yikes... contrary to the absurd exaggerations from @cheesebeef even I'm not predicting the Suns are "cooked!" I think they can still pull this out. It's a massive test for sure, but I love this team and the coaching, and still have faith that they will find a way.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yikes... contrary to the absurd exaggerations from @cheesebeef even I'm not predicting the Suns are "cooked!" I think they can still pull this out. It's a massive test for sure, but I love this team and the coaching, and still have faith that they will find a way.
and you already quit on this team once after Game 5 v. The Clips. I assume you’ll do the same if this team dares to lose one more game in the Finals.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
ANTI JINX!!!!! LOL

Any time I've ever gotten too confident in sports fandom, I've been disappointed.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Krang admitted earlier he basically didn’t watch the regular season after Saric went down and then claimed it was no loss because Saric was nothing more than an end of bench scrub.

the overreaction hysterics (in two consecutive series that the Suns were and are currently winning 3-2 and 2-1 in the WCF and Finals no less) from multiple posters here who didn’t pay attention to the Suns or post here all season and now are routinely showing up after losses, declaring the imminent setting of the Suns is becoming comical.
I didn't watch, MUCH, but I did watch the occasional game.

And I flat out admitted last night that YES, Kaminsky is a pretty huge step down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave