Suns @ Bucks Wednesday Finals game thread 7-14-2021 - Game 4

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah... Kaminski was unplayable last night.
You would think a guy who was drafted that high could show you something in a few minutes. Did you see in the game last night that he had the ball right under the basket about 3 times and still kicked it out? He is a a 7 footer for fricken sake.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would think a guy who was drafted that high could show you something in a few minutes. Did you see in the game last night that he had the ball right under the basket about 3 times and still kicked it out? He is a a 7 footer for fricken sake.
so frustrating. he has no confidence. wide open looks, gets the ball in the paint, passes it back out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah. He went full Ben Simmons multiple times last night.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The risk in doubling Giannis (they did this several times last night), is he is extremely adept at finding the open Portis/Middleton under the hoop. This is a huge problem for the Suns...
I was thinking that - they don’t just stay beyond the arc, they dive to the hole and Giannis has been great at finding them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
and you already quit on this team once after Game 5 v. The Clips. I assume you’ll do the same if this team dares to lose one more game in the Finals.
Jeez that’s not really necessary. You hate when people question others fandom. He literally just said he’s not given up hope.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yup. When he refused to consider the basket is when I called him an embarrassment.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bridges was just so so bad tonight. The ultimate good at home, bad on the road roleplayer. This is why he can't get paid big bucks. Ayton is a presence in every game and the anchor of the team. Bridges completely dissapears. Every time he touched the ball he would panic and turn it over

Edit: meant to put this in the game 3 thread sry

Bridges was not at all the problem.

Booker was 80% of the problem.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a chance. This team is cooked.

You are freaking nuts.

I am not even worried a tiny bit.

Suns will 100% win this series, and 80% chance they win game 4. If you doubt that, you don't know this team very well.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Uh Bridges was plenty of a problem. The extent of book? No. But still plenty of an issue in his own right.

If you think Bridges was a problem it is because A. you don't understand his role, or B. Don't understand he is only a role player.

Booker on the other hand is the primary offensive engine.

It's fine though, I think anyone that actually believed the Suns were going to win game 3 is crazy. I expected to lose, and still expect the suns to win in 5. It's all about human psychology, and this was the expected result.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeez that’s not really necessary. You hate when people question others fandom. He literally just said he’s not given up hope.

I’m not questioning his fandom. He’s a fan who has repeatedly quit on the team both in the Lakers and Clippers series. I’m not saying whether that makes him a good or bad fan. It’s just a statement of fact of what he’s done and a prediction based on past performance.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If you think Bridges was a problem it is because A. you don't understand his role, or B. Don't understand he is only a role player.

It's fine though, I think anyone that actually believed the Suns were going to win game 3 is crazy. I expected to lose, and still expect the suns to win in 5. It's all about human psychology, and this was the expected result.
Wow, that's pretty condescending of you. Bridges was absolutely a problem. He scored 27 points in the previous game and in this one he wasn't a threat at all. You need threats so that your other players (like Book) can get theirs.

I just can't believe you don't think Bridges was an issue yesterday.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I expected to lose as well. But if you think Bridges wasn’t part of the problem last night you don’t understand Bridges multiple roles (yes, he’s relied on for more than just defense), the impact Bridges has on winning when scoring, or basketball really.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m not questioning his fandom. He’s a fan who has repeatedly quit on the team both in the Lakers and Clippers series. I’m not saying whether that makes him a good or bad fan. It’s just a statement of fact of what he’s done and a prediction based on past performance.
It’s lame

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

our defense hinges on Ayton and Bridges to play well. Bridges was AWOL.

and the offense depends on the ball moving and shooting open shots. Bridges stopped the ball numerous times and had as many turnovers as he did points.

Booker was a disaster last night, and more is expected out of him to be sure. But giving Bridges a pass for an atrocious performance on both ends of the court, doesn’t make sense to me.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
our defense hinges on Ayton and Bridges to play well. Bridges was AWOL.

and the offense depends on the ball moving and shooting open shots. Bridges stopped the ball numerous times and had as many turnovers as he did points.

Booker was a disaster last night, and more is expected out of him to be sure. But giving Bridges a pass for an atrocious performance on both ends of the court, doesn’t make sense to me.
I even pointed out on the game thread that Bridges was basically non-existent on offense. Where were his cuts? He wasn't even trying to get open. Jae Crowder was moving better than he was. How is it Jae got so many open 3s and Bridges didn't?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I even pointed out on the game thread that Bridges was basically non-existent on offense. Where were his cuts? He wasn't even trying to get open. Jae Crowder was moving better than he was. How is it Jae got so many open 3s and Bridges didn't?
Right before you pointed that out on the game thread I had done so to cheese and my parents.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Right before you pointed that out on the game thread I had done so to cheese and my parents.
The most alarming thing about it is that it seemed to be by design -- that the plays that were being run didn't include Bridges actually causing havoc down on the baseline. It was mind boggling to me seeing that.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges was not at all the problem.

Booker was 80% of the problem.
He was a big part of it. Look at the Suns record when Bridges scores in double figures. It's not even a question that was a huge problem as well. He takes so much pressure off the other players when he scores. They can't sag down from him and they have to account for him running all around the floor. The win/loss results when Bridges gets involved offensively says otherwise.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave