Suns @ Bucks Wednesday Finals game thread 7-14-2021 - Game 4

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Wednesday the Suns again play the Bucks at Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee.

The game will be televised on ABC.

Start time is scheduled for 6 p.m. Arizona time.

Suns are up in the series 2-1 but that will be short lived if they don't play better in Game 4.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After Game 4 on Wednesday the remaining games will be a 1-1-1 format with the Suns holding home court advantage.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m glad it’s not 2-3-2 right now. Bucks could be riding that home momentum to three straight.

Yeah. This is why I'm a fan of the 2-2-1-1-1 format.

It better benefits the team with the best regular season record.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to see the Suns double Giannis more before he starts going downhill. Not every single time but more often before he gets into his dribble drive. That killed us him picking up all those fouls. I would like to see the Suns dare the other Bucks to beat us. If the Bucks are having an on night from the three you go back to zone. Monty has to mix it up to slow down Giannis.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another interesting stat. Suns have lost three out of four Game 3s in the playoffs.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the thing. I don't believe the Suns could have played any worse in this series. Not based on what they have shown all season and playoffs long. If that is the worst we will see them play this series? I still feel very good about this series.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bridges was just so so bad tonight. The ultimate good at home, bad on the road roleplayer. This is why he can't get paid big bucks. Ayton is a presence in every game and the anchor of the team. Bridges completely dissapears. Every time he touched the ball he would panic and turn it over

Edit: meant to put this in the game 3 thread sry

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will be a super close game that will make all of us want to pull our hair out... and we’ll come away with the W.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jae Crowder on the Suns responding after losses.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker has struggled for huge parts of the last 2 rounds. He isn't playing well in the in finals. After 3 games his numbers:

23 of 60 (38%) from the two
9-27 (33%) from the three.

He has made 30 shots and missed 87 in the finals despite having a fantastic GAME 2. He has been so inconsistent. That is our starting shooting guard. I don't know what else to say except Booker has to play better and be more consistent. This has to be the most inconsistent stretch I have seen him play these past two rounds.

We need Book.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I would like to see the Suns double Giannis more before he starts going downhill. Not every single time but more often before he gets into his dribble drive. That killed us him picking up all those fouls. I would like to see the Suns dare the other Bucks to beat us. If the Bucks are having an on night from the three you go back to zone. Monty has to mix it up to slow down Giannis.
Problem is Giannis is a pretty good passer and Middleton/Conaughton will be waiting. Kinda damned if you do/don’t. We pretty much have to outscore them.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Problem is Giannis is a pretty good passer and Middleton/Conaughton will be waiting. Kinda damned if you do/don’t. We pretty much have to outscore them.
Two games in a row playing him straight up with a mixed zone has resulted in historic nights for Giannis. You may not be able to stop him but Monty has to figure out a way to slow him down.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker has struggled for huge parts of the last 2 rounds. He isn't playing well in the in finals. After 3 games his numbers:

23 of 60 (38%) from the two
9-27 (33%) from the three.

He has made 30 shots and missed 87 in the finals.

That is horrendous by any standards despite having a fantastic GAME 2. He has been so inconsistent. That is our starting shooting guard. I don't know what else to say except Booker has to play better and be more consistent. This has to be the most inconsistent stretch I have seen him play these past two rounds.

We need Book.

he’s been flat out bad since an epic performance in Game 1 of the WCF.

I think since that game, he’s shooting 36% overall and 25% from 3.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
he’s been flat out bad since an epic performance in Game 1 of the WCF.

I think since that game, he’s shooting 36% overall and 25% from 3.
He picked a hell of a time to be so inconsistent. He truly is the poster child for being ON or OFF. Once he started chucking up all those 3's and missing tonight? My wife and I at the same time almost in unison said "uh oh". We knew it was going to be another one of those nights for him.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
“It’s not about how hard you can hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving.”

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He picked a hell of a time to be so inconsistent. He truly is the poster child for being ON or OFF. Once he started chucking up all those 3's and missing tonight? My wife and I at the same time almost in unison said "uh oh". We knew it was going to be another one of those nights for him.

I wish it was inconsistent. It’s been flat out BAD save one half in Game 2 against the Bucks.

the problem with tonight was he wasn’t even attacking. He was just taking bad three after bad three.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish it was inconsistent. It’s been flat out BAD save one half in Game 2 against the Bucks.

the problem with tonight was he wasn’t even attacking. He was just taking bad three after bad three.
My wife asked if he was hurt because he wasn't even trying to drive at times or get to his mid-range spot. She is not even a huge fan until playoff time. She watches casually unlike me and she recognized it.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jae Crowder on the Suns responding after losses.

This is the formula for all long term success. It's all about handling and accepting adversity. Just keep that flow, that we've been developing all year, for a few more games and we're set.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jae Crowder says losing Ayton to fouls caught the team off guard.

Suns have to minimize giving up second chance points and get 50/50 balls as keys to winning.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose