Suns @ Bucks Tuesday Finals game thread 7-20-2021 - Game 6

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I know we are all frustrated with the Suns folding in the finals, but let's remember that last year, they did not even make the playoffs. Hell, they haven't made the playoffs in a decade. Great season for the Suns. Huge congratulations to the Bucks.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Knew this wouldn't go 7..... deep inside tonight stings soooooo damn bad

Suns desperately need size

Im avoiding espn sports radio for a bit

I'm strangly at peace this team is built right just 1 more peace

See u guy's next yr

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry guys great season. It's tough to win it all the first year there's usually a growth process but that sucked. Giannis was amazing, normal FT night from him and you probably win but he made everything.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were never supposed to make it this far in the first place. They do need to make some moves but that was evident all season. They can't overreact.
They can’t stand par either. The Wesr will be more healthy next year. The Suns need to add a high impact player.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
It's amazing how the NBA continues to find utterly unlikable dorks to fill the commissioner job.

Billythekidd

Rookie
Reaction score
Other than mySuns, Bucks are a worthy champion, seemingly full of (Portis... step to the side for a moment) class act players on and off the court. It hurts but would've hurt more if it were the Nets hoisting the Larry O trophy.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How the eff does connoughton get the calls. I’m still wondering. Such crap

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It does. When it comes to skill. It RARELY does when it comes to heart and digging deep and playing physical. Coach can’t create that.
He played great in the first three rounds. How do you explain that? I mean sure, Ayton is the punching bag if the board, and for good reason. But you are talking in absolutes like the first three rounds didn’t exist.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I don't know if Booker can do this on his own without a better star around him. If they stand pat they won't make the finals next year. I'd move on from Crowder and try to bring in more size and rim protection.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You just wish the game was called atleast a tiny bit like the regular season.
I think that's what frustrating the most.
Refs didnt cost us

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It’s not about forcing, it’s about teaching.

playing hard is impossible to teach. Has to come from within.

Just don’t see how we can give the kid the max. He’s an outstanding human being and a good player but him as a #2 means eternal 4-7 seed land.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't know if Booker can do this on his own without a better star around him. If they stand pat they won't make the finals next year. I'd move on from Crowder and try to bring in more size and rim protection.
You can get more size and protection without giving up on Crowder. He had some duds but he was extremely important to our run this season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CP3’s body failed or he failed. I’m not sure if his style is championship material.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
The suns need more help on the glass and defense

The bucks also made adjustments - Bud has been a sneaky good coach has been for a while.

Monty did well and was able to maximize the team, but didn't have the counter to the counter.

When needed the bucks would explode for almost 40 in a quarter and the suns just couldn't stop it

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Still an incredible season by the Suns. They far surpassed what I thought they could do this season.

Props to the Bucks, they deserved it. Gotta respect the team they have built. And at least it wasn’t the Nets!

Hopefully the team can grow from this experience just as the Bucks has taken their lumps over recent years.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
playing hard is impossible to teach. Has to come from within.

Just don’t see how we can give the kid the max. He’s an outstanding human being and a good player but him as our #2 means eternal 4-7 seed land.
And again, why do you ignore the first three rounds? Going into the Finals, Ayton was easily our playoff MVP.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I've been an Ayton critic and I'll say that without his play early on in the Finals there's no way the Suns get this far. It's unfair for him to be blamed for trying to guard an inhuman basketball player like Giannis (with the aid of the refs ready to blow the whistle). If you can't get physical with Giannis it's over. For the first time I actually have hope in Ayton becoming a better baller as he gets bigger. I still would like to see him use his athleticism more because he keeps it contained for most of the game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose