Suns @ Bucks Tuesday Finals game thread 7-20-2021 - Game 6

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Bucks played a damn near perfect game in the second half and made every freakin bucket in the 3rd quarter with offensive rebounds when they missed. If the Suns still are mentally in it they can take game 6 because the Bucks can’t hit every shot like that with a hand in their face. It’s time for JRue and Middleton to come back down to earth. That’s the only hope the Suns have to take it to game 7.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I think if we’re truly being honest with ourselves, we’d admit:

- We never once dreamed of a Championship run at the start of this season.
- The Bucks are the better “team.” They are bigger, stronger and more seasoned at every position. They have consistently outplayed the overmatched Suns over the past 3 games.
- Our youth is just too much to overcome. Guys like Bridges and Cam Johnson for example, are just as capable as Portis and Cannoughton, but the Bucks duo have used their experience to outplay Cam and Mikal… certainly as it relates to playing and contributing within the team system.
Giannis, while not without flaws, is using his incredible physicality and experience to virtually dominate anytime he chooses to.
And Holiday and Middleton have been lethal and are superior to our combo of Book and Paul, mainly due to CP3’s age, wear & tear finally catching up to him. Though, both Holiday and Middleton are better than Book on defense and they don’t make nearly the amount of reckless plays as does Booker.
Lopez plays an important role that we can’t match (size and ability to drill a key 3-ball).
PJ Tucker - see Lopez.

I am praying for a Game 7… but, should that not transpire, I’m so grateful for an epically fun and unforgettable season!

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is very winnable, but it will take a tremendous effort and a few breaks going our way.

Not sure what adjustments Monty can make. If you look at our side of the box score, it was a very solid offensive game considering CP3s injured handle.

The big challenge is on the defensive end and I think our approach was solid, but the Bucks just shot lights out.

One thing I noticed was the Bucks used their mega big lineup quite a bit. There should be a way to exploit that.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This is very winnable, but it will take a tremendous effort and a few breaks going our way.

Not sure what adjustments Monty can make. If you look at our side of the box score, it was a very solid offensive game considering CP3s injured handle.

The big challenge is on the defensive end and I think our approach was solid, but the Bucks just shot lights out.

One thing I noticed was the Bucks used their mega big lineup quite a bit. There should be a way to exploit that.
Have Booker guard Middleton, Mikal on Jrue and give CP3 some rest on Tucker. Other than that don't be afraid to be quick with the timeouts. We just can't allow the Bucks to go on any big runs.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Since we are smaller and dramatically less experienced, grabbing a W will take flawless execution for 48 minutes. That’s asking a lot of this team in the final stages of a grueling post season.

We got 2 wins… the first two games of the series. But, clearly, as this series has continued to grind on, being bigger and more experienced has surfaced in very important ways for the Bucks.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CP3 needs to take control of game 6.. Booker is an amazing scorer but the team does not fire on all cylinders unless CP3 is controlling the offense and getting everybody involved.
If he can do that and repeat those epoch performances from earlier in the playoffs, we win. Just not sure if he will be healthy enough. We can hope though.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty is doing his best Doc Rivers impression.

we seen what’s been working and for some ungodly reason we just go away from it. Paul attacking Holiday worked to perfection and then they just stopped attacking him for some reason. You gotta keep that pressure up all game long.

his timeout usage is horrible. I’m talking to my brother saying Booker can flat out not come out of this game next thing you know Booker is on the bench and for way to long. Rest? Dude this the finals you got all offseason to rest.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They had a great 5 minute stretch late in the fourth...but only after the Bucks pretty much did whatever they wanted for a quarter and a half AFTER their second quarter run.
Yes and had the team already given up that stretch never happens. Not sure what is hard to understand about that?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s easier to recover at home. Fly out Monday morning.
It may be easier to recover at home for some, not for the players that have family local though. I'd have travelled this morning if it had been up to me so the wear and tear of travel is well behind them as are most of the family and friend distractions you have at home.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It may be easier to recover at home for some, not for the players that have family local though. I'd have travelled this morning if it had been up to me so the wear and tear of travel is well behind them as are most of the family and friend distractions you have at home.
I would try to spend as least amount of time there as possible. Waiting around in the hotel for two days while the city is in celebration mode sounds stressful. Make it a quick business trip.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would try to spend as least amount of time there as possible. Waiting around in the hotel for two days while the city is in celebration mode sounds stressful. Make it a quick business trip.

If I were going East to West, maybe, but not West to East where the travel recovery time is greater. And mostly get Ayton away from his family situation. Go East, young team and do it now. My only minor concern would be an extra day to try and give our players food poisoning. Not that I really believe that happens all that often now that Red Auerbach is below ground.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If I were going East to West, maybe, but not West to East where the travel recovery time is greater. And mostly get Ayton away from his family situation. Go East, young team and do it now. My only minor concern would be an extra day to try and give our players food poisoning. Not that I really believe that happens all that often now that Red Auerbach is below ground.
If it were a morning/early afternoon game like east road games for the Cards I’d get there two days prior. Since it’s a late game as long as they get there early the body clock thing shouldn’t be an issue.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If suns lose just let it be a blowout and end the suffering cannot take another last second turnover loss i feel awful today emotionally as a fan. .... been avoiding sports media most of day

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Monty is doing his best Doc Rivers impression.

we seen what’s been working and for some ungodly reason we just go away from it. Paul attacking Holiday worked to perfection and then they just stopped attacking him for some reason. You gotta keep that pressure up all game long.

his timeout usage is horrible. I’m talking to my brother saying Booker can flat out not come out of this game next thing you know Booker is on the bench and for way to long. Rest? Dude this the finals you got all offseason to rest.

I have never seen Booker gassed at all. His conditioning is peak. He should be playing the entire game at this point.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I see a lot of posters suggesting variously adjustments and changes, many of which make sense... and could even work.

But unfortunately, not one of those adjustments is going to happen, because it's 100% guaranteed the Suns are going to come out in Game 6 and do exactly what they have done in the other five games, and in every other game this whole playoffs... because Monty won't change, adjust, or alter a single thing.

So we just have to collectively hope everyone's back on their A-game, or alternatively, Milwaukee falls off theirs. But if things hold to form of the last three games, we are sunk. And it will be Monty largely to blame.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If suns lose jist let it be a blowout and the suffering cannot take another last second turniver loss i feel awful today emotionally as a fan. .... been avoiding sports media most of day
I see a lot of posters suggesting variously adjustments and changes, many of which make sense... and could even work.

But unfortunately, not one of those adjustments is going to happen, because it's 100% guaranteed the Suns are going to come out in Game 6 and do exactly what they have done in the other five games, and in every other game this whole playoffs... because Monty won't change, adjust, or alter a single thing.

So we just have to collectively hope everyone's back on their A-game, or alternatively, Milwaukee falls off theirs. But if things hold to form of the last three games, we are sunk. And it will be Monty largely to blame.
Just feel noooooo way bucks lose a shot st title in front of there fans suns would in clutch moments but watch giannias end it Tuesday....

Billythekidd

Rookie
Reaction score
I still believe!
Fact is, we're 2 wins away from winning a championship. Do you think these players are going to drop their heads and lose hope when that is at stake!? Hell no! Yes game 5 was absolutely shattering but ****, i'm over it already and looking forward to seeing what this team can produce in game 6.

To their credit, the Bucks couldn't have played any better in Game 5, they were incredible, they literally couldn't miss and when they did, they got the rebound or 50/50 ball. Yeah that 2nd qtr start was brutal! Inconceivably brutal! The Bucks though, were indeed terrific. If we go down to a team playing that good (game 5 specifically), then so be it, congrats to the best team, but i feel we've got another level to our game, we've got other guys that need to step up.

What gives me hope, despite all our short comings in this series, is that in every game except one, game 3, we arguably could've / should've won.

I cannot wait until Tuesday to see how we respond. It's time to channel Westy and bring this back to Phoenix for game 7!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Oddly I feel like we might actually win game 6.

Most players say that the “close-out” game is always the toughest W to get. Given that it’s been 50 years since the Bucks last won, there will be significant pressure on them.
Still, I don’t see the Suns having enough horsepower, as well has to put into their engine.
Hope I’m wrong and that this team continues to surprise me!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Most players say that the “close-out” game is always the toughest W to get. Given that it’s been 50 years since the Bucks last won, there will be significant pressure on them.
Still, I don’t see the Suns having enough horsepower, as well has to put into their engine.
Hope I’m wrong and that this team continues to surprise me!
I honestly don’t get your perspective. We have played the bucks 7 times this year.

won 2 by 1 point in regular season.

won two somewhat comfortably.

blown out once.

barely beaten in last minute of 2.

these teams are very evenly matched. And the last two, one in our crib, one in their’s, have been virtual toss ups.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We know it’s going to happen for either game 6 or 7. The hope was the Suns would be up one verses down one. I can’t think of another worse Scott Foster scenario for us now.

I really don't care who we get. There have been some bad calls but at no time did I think the any game in this series was unfairly officiated. I like our chances no matter the crew. Chris Paul's hand and finger will have more to do with the outcome than Scott Foster or any other referee IMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose