Suns @ Bucks Sunday game thread 2-26-2023

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you're overrating CP3 making him a 50/50 player there but otherwise don't disagree with any of this. But then, you add in Giannis and Durant's output gets matched or exceeded most nights.
I think Gianni’s is better on the interior and Durant everywhere else. I think you are underrating Durant. I think on most nights it’s a push.

If all things are matched I like our chances with the ball in Durant’s hands at the end of games.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nonsense. Unlike you I don't come back and gloat over the things I've gotten right and there have been many. I don't live for the "I told you so's". I have no idea what the hell I was thinking when I made that stupid comment about Watson but I've been right far more often than wrong.
I’m not gloating about anything I’ve gotten right. I’m pointing out how WRONG you’ve been about so many major decisions this team has made for a decade.
And I was never a Sarver or McD supporter, I just defended them on specific issues.
This is such ridiculous revisionist history I don’t even know what to say here.
Just like I defended specific issues about the Morris twins. I never cared for any of them (well, I did kind of like McD for awhile until the Dragic conflict) but when people said things about them that I believed to be wrong, I spoke out against those issues.
You REPEATEDLY said the bad press was bunk and part of a conspiracy against the Suns. And that Sarver had really changed and stepped back and righted his behavior. REPEATEDLY. Do I need to go back and find those posts like I found the Watson one which you SWORE I was lying about?
And as far as I'm concerned, bringing Watson up for the umpteenth time when it has no bearing on the conversation is trolling. Something you excel at despite the fact it's almost always overlooked by the moderators.
Sure it does. In this situation it’s used as evidence as to why I believe in the Durant move so much as it’s part of a pattern of how badly you misjudge this team, to WILD degrees for over a decade.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Gianni’s is better on the interior and Durant everywhere else. I think you are underrating Durant. I think on most nights it’s a push.

If all things are matched I like our chances with the ball in Durant’s hands at the end of games.
I think it's almost a push but Giannis has a pretty decent edge in several categories although TS% goes solidly in Durant's favor. I think TS% is one of the most important categories for players that put up big numbers and KD's is excellent. It's what moves them into an almost dead heat although I'd still give the edge to GA. But that's even assuming KD is healthy, which isn't something we can take for granted.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's almost a push but Giannis has a pretty decent edge in several categories although TS% goes solidly in Durant's favor. I think TS% is one of the most important categories for players that put up big numbers and KD's is excellent. It's what moves them into an almost dead heat although I'd still give the edge to GA. But that's even assuming KD is healthy, which isn't something we can take for granted.
Durant has a higher TS% even though Giannis is the better interior player. That says it all about who I am giving the edge to in a close game.

I bet it will be much easier for Durant to get off a shot or draw a double then Giannis getting a shot inside.

Naturally if he is healthy.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lakers can switch their line up 87 more times and they'll still be hot garbage
Down 20 in the second quarter and have 18 points in 15 minutes of game action. They’re not making the play-in lol. Sorry Bron. Honestly, the 2 teams we match up worst with in the west are Clippers and Mavericks. Hope we can avoid them early. We’ve got a tough closing schedule.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Down 20 in the second quarter and have 18 points in 15 minutes of game action. They’re not making the play-in lol. Sorry Bron. Honestly, the 2 teams we match up worst with in the west are Clippers and Mavericks. Hope we can avoid them early. We’ve got a tough closing schedule.
Freakin hate the clippers and Paul George going bezerker on us all the time but for some reason Kawhi doesn't - I think we'll take'm with KD in the mix now but Dallas scares me - if Luka and Kyrie can complement each other they'll be there at the end

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This core IS good enough with AN MVP LEVEL PLAYER. Your continual/unbelievable ability to underrate how much of a devastating force of nature a healthy KD is as incredibly stupid as the idea that Earl Watson is going to be a the best Suns head coach of all time or that we made a huge mistake getting CP3 because of… Ricky Rubio and some SF (Oubre) who’s name I can barely even remember.

To be honest Steve, the reason I KNOW this is going to make us a much better title contender is because you hate it so much and have just repeatedly been so completely wrong about this team, whether it was the examples above, or somehow defending McD AND Sarver for YEARS, continually chalking terrible press up to sone hysterical conspiracy theory ESPN had against the Suns.

The more you hate this move, the more confident I become it gives us the best chance to win.

Well... outside of Josh Jackson, when I've either loved or hated a move, my track record has been pretty solid.

And I think we've screwed the pooch.

Also, you disagree with Steve, but you don't need to get so ridiculously insulting in doing so.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well... outside of Josh Jackson, when I've either loved or hated a move, my track record has been pretty solid.

Also, you disagree with Steve, but you don't need to get so ridiculously insulting in doing so.
So is mine including our draft picks. I was almost wrong about Paul bringing a title by himself but got that right too. I think you are all wrong about Durant but we shall see. Then again I admit to being a little overly optimistic because I think this is our best shot.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So is mine including our draft picks. I was almost wrong about Paul bringing a title by himself but got that right too. I think you are all wrong about Durant but we shall see. Then again I admit to being a little optimistic because I think this is our best shot.

I hope you're right.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns weren't planning to trade for Chris Paul, I think it changes the 2020 draft.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Damn these Lakers are bad. Almost like Lebron just buying time until little Lebron enters the league, like he knows showtime is over

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Me too but again I am interjecting a little bias. I am desperate for a title.

Aren't we all...

I have tickets to, what should be, his first home game. It will probably make me feel a lot better to see him play.

But I won't trust him to bring us a title until the horn sounds in the finals and our guys mob the court.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aren't we all...

I have tickets to, what should be, his first home game. It will probably make me feel a lot better to seeing him play.

But I won't trust him to bring us a title until the horn sounds in the finals and our guys mob the court.
Durant better play. I have multiple games purchased starting in March.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Durant better play. I have multiple games purchased starting in March.

Yeah, I've got OKC, Sixers and Nuggets coming up.

My buddies I go with are pressuring to sell either the Sixer or Nugget game, paying back a big chunk of what we paid for the half season package. But... I feel like if this team is actually healthy, we should try to watch every game we can.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Your lack of faith def gives me a little pause because I do generally agree with a lot of your takes. But I also strongly disagree with what Bridges brings to the table and what his impact will even be on the Nets who are 1-3 and looking far from the team you thought might give someone fits in the first round.
You’re right. But when he’s throwing around terms like “incredibly stupid”, and ripping another post of mine and totally misrepresenting what I said in another thread, I’m going to respond in kind.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We (the mods) let a lot go during game day.

Just because how crazy these threads get. Can you imagine the bannings would be handed out if we were strict?:hairraise

Please dial down the personal attacks. Walk a way if you have too.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
It's a prime example of why we were incredibly stupid to trade for Durant. If we'd concluded our core wasn't good enough to build around we should have been moving assets for long term gain rather than immediate help. This team most likely isn't winning anything with or without Durant. KD is great and if he's healthy, he will put us in a better class of losers. Yay us!!!

Oh man, I usually find your takes reasonable at the very least, but I really find this take to be very "off." I share most of your concerns about the KD trade, nut when you are this close, you have to go for it. This team needed that superstar, and today's game was a perfect example of that.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
WTF happened to our FT shooting? We lost this game more than they won it IMO.

Regarding the trade. If we don't make it, we lose in the 2nd round almost for sure.

Making the trade...... We are a top 3 team and a title contender.

You must be registered for see images attach

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dang kd could have been useful this gm

Was out couldn't watch glad I missed this 1.... ugh f the bucks

Suns will get there revenge later this yr