Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crowder sparked the win with two 3 pointers plus we are so inefficient down the stretch unlike last year.

Bring on Durant.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That one rebound... up 5, had the momentum, if one of the many guys in the area had gone for the ball instead of jumping out for the break...
Yeah. That was a huge swing.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game is prime example again of why we needed to trade for Durant. Can’t get a good look on our own where a guy can just shake whoever’s on him.

CP3 can make the move, but can’t finish to save his life anymore at the end. And Booker’s hit or miss.

Big hit there though.
It's a prime example of why we were incredibly stupid to trade for Durant. If we'd concluded our core wasn't good enough to build around we should have been moving assets for long term gain rather than immediate help. This team most likely isn't winning anything with or without Durant. KD is great and if he's healthy, he will put us in a better class of losers. Yay us!!!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant can’t get here soon enough can’t beat the great teams when you have just one clutch shooter!
With GA playing that's a great team. Yes we were missing KD but they were missing arguably the best player in the game. Advantage still goes to them when all are healthy.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game is prime example again of why we needed to trade for Durant. Can’t get a good look on our own where a guy can just shake whoever’s on him.

CP3 can make the move, but can’t finish to save his life anymore at the end. And Booker’s hit or miss.

Big hit there though.
100%. Book can’t be the guy who sets up the last play and Paul at his age is 50/50 depending on how he is playing.

Durant has ice in his veins and can back it up. Worst case he draws a double team and gives someone a wide open bucket. Durant is a guaranteed double team in this situation.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a prime example of why we were incredibly stupid to trade for Durant. If we'd concluded our core wasn't good enough to build around we should have been moving assets for long term gain rather than immediate help. This team most likely isn't winning anything with or without Durant. KD is great and if he's healthy, he will put us in a better class of losers. Yay us!!!
This core IS good enough with AN MVP LEVEL PLAYER. Your continual/unbelievable ability to underrate how much of a devastating force of nature a healthy KD is as incredibly stupid as the idea that Earl Watson is going to be a the best Suns head coach of all time or that we made a huge mistake getting CP3 because of… Ricky Rubio and some SF (Oubre) who’s name I can barely even remember.

To be honest Steve, the reason I KNOW this is going to make us a much better title contender is because you hate it so much and have just repeatedly been so completely wrong about this team, whether it was the examples above, or somehow defending McD AND Sarver for YEARS, continually chalking terrible press up to sone hysterical conspiracy theory ESPN had against the Suns.

The more you hate this move, the more confident I become it gives us the best chance to win.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100%. Book can’t be the guy who sets up the last play and Paul at his age is 50/50.

Durant has ice in his veins and can back it up. Worst case he draws a double team and gives someone a wide open bucket. Durant is a guaranteed double team in this situation.
I think you're overrating CP3 making him a 50/50 player there but otherwise don't disagree with any of this. But then, you add in Giannis and Durant's output gets matched or exceeded most nights.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100%. Book can’t be the guy who sets up the last play and Paul at his age is 50/50 depending on how he is playing.

THIS. With Durant a defense has to be in scramble mode AND he’s an ELITE passer. And again is the reason he should be the unquestioned 1 on this team.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This core IS good enough with AN MVP LEVEL PLAYER. Your continual/unbelievable ability to underrate how much of a devastating force of nature a healthy KD is as incredibly stupid as the idea that Earl Watson is going to be a the best Suns head coach of all time or that we made a huge mistake getting CP3 because of… Ricky Rubio and some SF who’s name I can’t even remember.

To be honest Steve, the reason I KNOW this is going to make us a much better title contender is because you hate it so much and have just repeatedly been so completely wrong about this team, whether it was the examples above, or somehow defending McD AND Sarver for YEARS.

The more you hate this move, the more confident I become it gives us the best chance to win.
Nonsense. Unlike you I don't come back and gloat over the things I've gotten right and there have been many. I don't live for the "I told you so's". I have no idea what the hell I was thinking when I made that stupid comment about Watson but I've been right far more often than wrong.

And I was never a Sarver or McD supporter, I just defended them on specific issues. Just like I defended specific issues about the Morris twins. I never cared for any of them (well, I did kind of like McD for awhile until the Dragic conflict) but when people said things about them that I believed to be wrong, I spoke out against those issues.

And as far as I'm concerned, bringing Watson up for the umpteenth time when it has no bearing on the conversation is trolling. Something you excel at despite the fact it's almost always overlooked by the moderators.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose