Suns @ Bobcats 11/7/12 game thread.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Great game by Brown he was on fire tonight. Gortat was solid again and Beasley 21pts, 15 Rbs and a +15 for the game! Morris -9 is still a bad sign

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a good shooting night for Beaz, but he had the highest +/- (15) most rebounds (15) to go along with the 7 assists and 21 points

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great game by Brown he was on fire tonight. Gortat was solid again and Beasley 21pts, 15 Rbs and a +15 for the game! Morris -9 is still a bad sign

Best case scenario for Markieff Morris is Channing Frye.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Of course, right after I compliment the guy, Beasley takes the ball into a defender instead of giving it up to Dragic.
And did the same thing during the last minute of the game with the Suns holding a slim lead. We don't need those kinds of bookend plays by Beasley.

Mainstreet said:
Why did the Suns wait so long to put Gortat back in the game? I don't get it. Do they want the lead to evaporate.
He had four fouls.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had four fouls.

The Suns waited until about 5 1/2 minutes to put Gortat back in the game. If the Suns had lost control of the game, the foul problem would have been meaningless. I think the Suns waited too long but luckily Brown was on fire.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Beasley can really fill up a stat sheet: 21 pts, 15 rebs (6 offensive), 7 assists, 3 blocks, 21 shot attempts (14 misses), 5 turnovers, 43 minutes

Gortat with another quality post-Nash effort: 23 pts, 10 rebs, 7 blocks, 10-14 fg's

Dragic with a quiet 16/8

Scola also with a quiet 9/7/5

Brown off the bench with 24 points in 24 minutes, including 6-8 3pts.

Suns with 22 offensive rebounds.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
The 2nd unit still has it's issues. Morris and Brown just take all the shots, Brown has at least shown to be able to carry the 2nd unit. Not sure why we don't see Marshall or Johnson. I know Tucker hustles around but you would think with Johnsons height he could produce the same.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Beasley can really fill up a stat sheet: 21 pts, 15 rebs (6 offensive), 7 assists

Holy cow, really? I watched only the fourth quarter and remember one Beasley assist, and even that struck me as exceptional. I just looked it up, and Beasley had hit 7 assists in a game three times before tonight, but this season he had 3 total assists in the first four games. Maybe there's hope yet.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Holy cow, really? I watched only the fourth quarter and remember one Beasley assist, and even that struck me as exceptional. I just looked it up, and Beasley had hit 7 assists in a game three times before tonight, but this season he had 3 total assists in the first four games. Maybe there's hope yet.

You can see they are running a play with Beasley on the outside wing taking his man one -one then looking for the help def to come over then he gives it off to Gortat. You can see the players getting comfortable with each other on this road trip. I still would also like to see the ball in Dragic's hands more, but Beasley and Brown were called upon today to run most of the 4th qtr. offense.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
To those saying that we should start Brown....horrible idea!

Beasley and Brown on the court at the same time? Heck no! Their both high volume scorers. It would be like Kobe and 'Melo playing together. Except that only happens during All Star games and the Olympics and Kobe is willing to pass up shots during those times.

Brown should be the go to scorer for our bench unit. Every other bench player except for Tucker and Johnson should be banned from shooting unless its a layup or dunk.

BTW we need continue playing Morris at the 5 and give O'Neal no playing time.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To those saying that we should start Brown....horrible idea!

Beasley and Brown on the court at the same time? Heck no! Their both high volume scorers. It would be like Kobe and 'Melo playing together. Except that only happens during All Star games and the Olympics and Kobe is willing to pass up shots during those times.

Brown should be the go to scorer for our bench unit. Every other bench player except for Tucker and Johnson should be banned from shooting unless its a layup or dunk.

BTW we need continue playing Morris at the 5 and give O'Neal no playing time.

You wouldnt start Beasley. Bring him off the bench. His best offensive run tonight came with the 2nd unit and playing at the 4.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I know Brown really stepped it up as the season wore on last year but am I the only one who cringes each time he gets the ball. I have less confidence in his shooting and his offensive decisions than anyone else on this team.

Steve

Nice reverse jinx there, Steve.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Brown's shot selection is still poor. All his shots are very low-percentage. He just happened to hit them the last two games. No one can keep this up though.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
People need to stop bitching about Beasley in a game he just put up a statline that is as good as any Sun put up in the last decade save Nash, Amare and Marion.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People need to stop bitching about Beasley in a game he just put up a statline that is as good as any Sun put up in the last decade save Nash, Amare and Marion.

so this one game statline is enough to warrant everyone from criticizing him?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yes in that game specifically. You just have to go through game threads on various boards bitching about every missed shot.
Agreed, if he shot 7-21 with 21 points while not rebounding, distributing and playing solid defense than people would have a right to complain, but he did so many other things good that you just can't complain about his shooting performance.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Yes in that game specifically.
As inconsistent as a player is (such as Beasley has been), so will your evaluations be inconsistent. That is awfully short-sighted.

That is why season stats are kept and reported. A much better indication at any point in the season of how the player is performing than re-inventing him after every game.

A second factor would be trends. A steady climb upward? Or downward?

Judging Beasley's performance by any one game also reflects the skills of the opponent that night.

And he certainly isn't filling a roster spot to put on a show once a week.

Even last night's game highlighted his career-long stubbornness. Hogging the ball both early and late in the game and getting stripped of it instead of passing it back to his Point Guard who was calling for it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice reverse jinx there, Steve.

I wish I could say I did it on purpose. Seriously, even once he got hot out there, I still found myself cringing each time he got the ball. It will take a few games like this for me to start believing in the guy again.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One word... Bobcats

I'm not going to suggest that the Bobcats will be anything other than a bad team but they were 1-1 against teams that were in the playoffs last year. And, we're in no position to downplay a victory against any team in this league. We're the team every other team expects to win against.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As inconsistent as a player is (such as Beasley has been), so will your evaluations be inconsistent. That is awfully short-sighted.

That is why season stats are kept and reported. A much better indication at any point in the season of how the player is performing than re-inventing him after every game.

A second factor would be trends. A steady climb upward? Or downward?

Judging Beasley's performance by any one game also reflects the skills of the opponent that night.

And he certainly isn't filling a roster spot to put on a show once a week.

Even last night's game highlighted his career-long stubbornness. Hogging the ball both early and late in the game and getting stripped of it instead of passing it back to his Point Guard who was calling for it.

You're right, one game is just one game. One of the things I always look for with a player like Beasley is the way his teammates deal with him. It sure seems to me like this team believes in the guy and likes him, that says a lot to me. So, one game or not, my hopes are raised.

Steve

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody here is talking about the 2 on 1 break in the 4th quarter where Tucker wouldn't give up the ball to Dragic for a wide open layup. Dragic reamed him afterward and then for the rest of the game, Tucker wouldn't high-five Dragic after free throws.

The dude needs to listen up or he'll be out of the league again before he can blink. I'm also not too happy about Beasley and Brown blowing off Dragic when calling for the ball to bring it up court.