Suns at Lakers 3-22-11

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sigh. Carter misses a big 3. :( The Suns then use up a lot of time not fouling. :rolleyes:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
too much time taken off.
we have poor inbounds plays like usual, and done ever execute any of those plays.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Geez. Suns lose 139-137. :rolleyes:

What a pointless game. :rolleyes:

2 game losing streak here we come..whoopie. :rolleyes:

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
I haven't posted in a year or so, came back just to express how much I hate Vince Carter. Why do they ever put that piece of excrement in the game. Once every 3 months he hits a clutch shot, and comes up empty every other time. Dude is done in this league, a role player at best. How is Pietrus worse than this bum? I just knew we would lose this one in the most drawn out, excruciating way possible cause its the Suns. Playoffs are a huge long shot now, I'm depressed.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
nice game by gortat and frye.

nash was great as well.

VC can ride the pine for all i care, the guy is washed up. just sad that he and coach cant see that.

great game suns, great game.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Another morale victory for a team whose playoff hopes are all but gone.

I wanted better.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns needed a player to create near the end. The only one who could was Brooks who sit on the bench.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Geez. Suns lose 139-137. :rolleyes:

What a pointless game. :rolleyes:

2 game losing streak here we come..whoopie. :rolleyes:

Calm down. Even half dead from exhaustion we'll still likely kill the Raptors.

If we were playing anyone else we'd have no shot but the Raptors are just attrocious

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VC is the Suns lock on making the lottery.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Great effort, Gentry's gotta go he is pulling some really poor moves..

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns needed a player to create near the end. The only one who could was Brooks who sit on the bench.

As much as i would have loved Brooks on the floor, there is no way the Suns could have gotten away with him and Nash on the floor. And it is ridiculous to ask him to sit Nash a superstar in crunch time.
I do think he should have let Carter sit

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
oh yea the Suns got almost zero calls as usual. that one three where Gasol came out to contest, he basically high-fived Nash - no call. Frye and other got roughed up on jumpers as well, but the refs couldn't find a whistle.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
welp on the bright side we're going to get our pick from houston back.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Stupid play...Gentry is done. Stick a fork in him, he costs us games with his love for Lopez and Carter. Always next year, hope we find a good coach, we have a great team. We outscored the Lakers by like 20 points once Lopez sat.

We could have started Gortat and rested him, after we built the lead up. If you think we couldn't have built the lead up...how did we come back?:D

Lopez has no business starting, Gentry starts Gortat against the crappy teams and only in the second half. Always next year.

Our starters and our bench played good enough to win tonight, but their time management on the court was horrible, and some big shots fell in the wrong hands...you suck Carter, and I mean you suck! :D Always next year.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great effort, Gentry's gotta go he is pulling some really poor moves..

Came back from 20 on the champions, i give the coaching staff credit (note the word "coaching staff"). If we have just a more dependable SG, this game could have been won

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as i would have loved Brooks on the floor, there is no way the Suns could have gotten away with him and Nash on the floor. And it is ridiculous to ask him to sit Nash a superstar in crunch time.
I do think he should have let Carter sit

The thing is, the Suns could not buy a bucket near the end. IMO, using Nash and Brooks together on special occasions can work... like tonight. Certainly Brooks would have been better than Carter.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
None of how well we played matters you don't beat la in la because the refs let them manhandle you and swallow their whistles. Ridiculous that fisher can hack all over nashs' arms with no calls and then if you breath on Kobe they call a foul. It's so rigged it's hard to watch grant plays great defense and gets rung up with fouls all night and none of their guys were even in foul trouble... F these refs and their crooked ass officiating!!!!