Suns at Hawks 1/25

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare is a very good shooter and a slasher. It doesn't seem like he likes to bang much.

he would look like Bruce Bower at PF on defense compared to his D against small forwards. And he's not a three-point shooter. This would be an absolutely horrific move on both ends of the court.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he would look like Bruce Bower at PF on defense compared to his D against small forwards. And he's not a three-point shooter. This would be an absolutely horrific move on both ends of the court.

I was looking at it from the perspective of the Suns getting the most out of Stoudemire and beefing up their frontline. Like I said it's not going to happen. However, I think Amare could learn to shoot the 3.

IMO, the Suns would be better off trading Amare if they get a fair return. I don't see him staying with the Suns anyway.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to see this team has some fight in them. Amare had 5 or 6 really really bad turnovers again trying to face up the defender. So for those getting ready to blame that on Shaq....well...those had nothing to do with Shaq. Then Nash had 2 really bad turnovers at the end of the game.

I am glad they pulled this out because I think losing a close game might have crushed any fighting spirit this team had left. They really needed this win against a team that is suppose to be one of the best in the East. We could really use a quality win against a tough West team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at it from the perspective of the Suns getting the most out of Stoudemire and beefing up their frontline. Like I said it's not going to happen. However, I think Amare could learn to shoot the 3.

IMO, the Suns would be better off trading Amare if they get a fair return. I don't see him staying with the Suns anyway.

it wouldn't matter if he could shoot the three. he's not quick enough to take 3s off the dribble thus his slashing game goes gonzo, he can't even post Nate Robinson, so he couldn't use height to his advantage in the post and he's not quick enough to stay with 3s off the dribble on the other side of the court thus his defensive game gets even worse.

basically, putting Amare at the 3 would completely minimize his effectiveness on both ends of the court.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am glad they pulled this out because I think losing a close game might have crushed any fighting spirit this team had left. They really needed this win against a team that is suppose to be one of the best in the East. We could really use a quality win against a tough West team.

True. I just hope Kerr doesn't think the Suns problems are fixed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to see this team has some fight in them. Amare had 5 or 6 really really bad turnovers again trying to face up the defender. So for those getting ready to blame that on Shaq....well...those had nothing to do with Shaq. Then Nash had 2 really bad turnovers at the end of the game.

well, I hope you're not holding your breath for Thursday because we all know what's gonna happen in that one. Lucky for the Suns, it'll be largely ignored due to Cards Super Bowl Fever... what a ridiculous sentence that it. I love it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, I hope you're not holding your breath for Thursday because we all know what's gonna happen in that one. Lucky for the Suns, it'll be largely ignored due to Cards Super Bowl Fever... what a ridiculous sentence that it. I love it.

Thanks to the Cardinals, I am able to stomach this current Suns team to a certain extent. The thing that truely makes this unbearable is the lack of young talent. The picks we have actually kept are D-Leaguers and nothing else.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the Cardinals, I am able to stomach this current Suns team to a certain extent. The thing that truely makes this unbearable is the lack of young talent. The picks we have actually kept are D-Leaguers and nothing else.

I think that is true of many fans and the media. Remember last season when this team kept losing to winning teams yet had the best record? This team had the worst defense in the paint in the NBA and Marion's numbers took a nose dive. People were acting like the team was playing .500 basketball and we were getting ripped in the media as well for not playing any defense.

The Cards are turning much attention away. Just give it another 2 weeks and the Suns bashing will be in full swing.