Suns and Cardfans if you had to pick one or the other to have success this draft...

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What would you prefer? The Suns get the first pick, they get Zion, and he has Anthony Davis like stats in a couple years... but the Cardinals draft Murray and he ends up as successful as Matt Leinhart...

Or the Cardinals draft Murray and he is comparable to Russell Wilson and the suns miss out on the top three and end up with another... Josh Jackson level player..

I decided to just put this on the Suns board for now because there seems to be more crossover here than on the Cardinals board.. Don't know what would be more important to each team.. I would think the Suns since the Cardinals could suck again and get another chance.. with the Suns the odds are worse to get a crack at the 1st.. plus there are much fewer great players in basketball and it usually only takes three excellent players to be one of the best in the NBA...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's easier for NFL teams to recover if they miss on the top pick.

With the lottery in the NBA, it's harder for the worst teams to get the top pick so I have to vote Suns.

Also the Cardinals can hedge their bet by trading down and still get quality talent.

Trading down in the NBA is not usually advisable because the best talent is primarily at the top.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
My thinking is Zion is more of a known commodity than Murray. I would go for more of the sure thing.

Really it's not a sure thing for the Suns to get Zion. Whereas the Cards are guaranteed to get Murray if they want him. So the Suns need more help. Everyone needs to send mojo to the Suns.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I “like” the cardinals. Given the opportunity though, I’d send them back to St. Louis if the suns could draft Zion Williamson.

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It looks like we're mostly getting comments from Suns fans not so much equal which is understandable since its the suns board.. The brothers Ouchie and Cheese seem somewhat equal in their support for both teams from what I recall. I guess I might be more of a Cardinals fan.. but when I think back when the teams were successful I think the most fun were probably the Barkley years followed by the Nash year vs when the Cardinals went to the Super Bowl.. maybe if had been more sustained by the Cardinals.. Probably the best season ever for sports for me though seemed to be the year ASU went to the Rose Bowl for the championship when I was a Freshmen at ASU..really wasn't that interested in football until then.. Plummer was fun to watch and so was the defense lead by Tillman.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is honestly a tough one. Football is my favorite sport, but I think the suns are my favorite team having rooted for them longer than the cards. It’s likely a straight toss up.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I’m more of a cardinals fan. By more I mean I just follow them more closely but it’s Zion by a million. Zion is closer to Lebron than Murray is to Brady or Montana. Give me the guy whose more of a sure thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Suns all day. They used to be the gem of Phoenix, and then Sarver happened. With the playoff drought, their constant futility, and just plain bad luck... you'd have to choose Suns over the Cards...especially with a transcendent player like Zion.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns easily. Zion is a once a decade prospect imo.

I like Murray too, but not that much.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What would you prefer? The Suns get the first pick, they get Zion, and he has Anthony Davis like stats in a couple years... but the Cardinals draft Murray and he ends up as successful as Matt Leinhart...

Or the Cardinals draft Murray and he is comparable to Russell Wilson and the suns miss out on the top three and end up with another... Josh Jackson level player..

I decided to just put this on the Suns board for now because there seems to be more crossover here than on the Cardinals board.. Don't know what would be more important to each team.. I would think the Suns since the Cardinals could suck again and get another chance.. with the Suns the odds are worse to get a crack at the 1st.. plus there are much fewer great players in basketball and it usually only takes three excellent players to be one of the best in the NBA...

Using those comps Russell Wilson >> AD. We’re talking about a perennial MVP candidate at QB here.

Without knowing you would obviously go with Zion over any NFL prospect of the past 6-7 years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is honestly a tough one. Football is my favorite sport, but I think the suns are my favorite team having rooted for them longer than the cards. It’s likely a straight toss up.

I think I go Suns because I ALWAYS love football season even when the Cards suck. I desperately miss caring about the NBA and the Suns in general. If the Suns were great again, I'd have both seasons to look forward to and watch every year, no matter whether the Cards were good or not.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just doesn’t matter who the suns pick as long as the front office stays the same

BleedRed

Registered
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I say Cards. This draft for them could very quickly change their current course. The Suns on the other hand already have some pieces that added to a top tier FA or two could easily put them in the playoffs.

On a side note is D'Angelo Russell a free agent after this season? He would be a great player to add (position of greatest need and relationship with Booker) add him to Book and Ayton and resign Oubre and this team could make the playoffs next year.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am a Suns fan first. Just am. Love the Cards, have family members in the organization, but first love pro team is the Suns.

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think I go Suns because I ALWAYS love football season even when the Cards suck. I desperately miss caring about the NBA and the Suns in general. If the Suns were great again, I'd have both seasons to look forward to and watch every year, no matter whether the Cards were good or not.

I think this is how I feel.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns for me: mostly because they are my first favorite team, whereas the Cards are not an original Arizona team and arrived after I was already into sports. But I’ve also gone away from football because of CTE. I do miss it.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Suns for me: mostly because they are my first favorite team, whereas the Cards are not an original Arizona team and arrived after I was already into sports. But I’ve also gone away from football because of CTE. I do miss it.

I’ve heard this a lot recently but football players had been destroying themselves long before the discovery of CTE. Their bodies are basically enduring what would amount to the rest of us getting into a car accident every Sunday. Except they’re getting shot up with Toradol and doing it all over again. Those guys are a different breed...

Quagmire

The thread killa strikes again
Reaction score
Suns need one more superstar and can fill in role players. Cardinals need talent across the board, and better coaching, and some injury luck, and....

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’ve heard this a lot recently but football players had been destroying themselves long before the discovery of CTE. Their bodies are basically enduring what would amount to the rest of us getting into a car accident every Sunday. Except they’re getting shot up with Toradol and doing it all over again. Those guys are a different breed...

True, and I wasn’t under any illusion that it wasn’t a destructive sport before. But many haven’t known about the possible emotional and behavioral toll, and especially that players can retire “safely” and still have it impact their lives and their families later. That’s the part that has hit home for me, that I could be watching a terrible future write itself.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard