Suns @ 76ers Wednesday game thread 4-21-2021

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Why on earth would Paul not try to make it?

So he meant to miss it? Why would he? That would have made it impossible to tie if he did, even with a deprecation 3 like Embiid I guess almost made.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Because he makes it, Sixers get a timeout and advances the ball. Rather have the Sixers have the ball on our end with .8 then on theirs.
They were out of timeouts and so what if they did you just have to avoid fouling for the 4 point play. That free throw would have put us up by 4.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because he makes it, Sixers get a timeout and advances the ball. Rather have the Sixers have the ball on our end with .8 then on theirs. I guess. Doesn’t make sense.

It's correct mathematically but Embid don't care

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like a weird take. They have been routinely winning playoff style games against good teams.

You just.beat the #1 and #3 teams in the Eastern Conference on the road. What's next?

Well...we think it might be time to start playing well

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is another look at the last play.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Starting this roadie 2-0 is huge. I don’t care that the Sixers had some guys out. They had the MVP, they’re pushing for HCA in the conference, Book played like crap for the first 46 minutes and we lost Crowder. That’s a great win, IMO.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Well with 0.3 seconds left the idea you can catch it and heave an accurate 3 that far is just one in a million
Sure, but getting 4 points on a play is literally impossible unless our players are dumb enough to foul on a three when up 4.

I would have to double check, but I am pretty sure they were also out of timeouts.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Embiid hits that, to give him 41 and put the game into OT, it goes down as the greatest buzzer beater in regular season history.

as is, it goes down as a W for us. Love it.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Because he makes it, Sixers get a timeout and advances the ball. Rather have the Sixers have the ball on our end with .8 then on theirs. I guess. Doesn’t make sense.

There was no chance they could win it being down 4 with .8 seconds left. So he should have just made it to seal it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Starting this roadie 2-0 is huge. I don’t care that the Sixers had some guys out. They had the MVP, they’re pushing for HCA in the conference, Book played like crap for the first 46 minutes and we lost Crowder. That’s a great win, IMO.

It's.the sort of win that makes you give a hard stare at games like the Spurs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose