Sunderland AFC

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Arsenal was hosed not once, but twice. Referee mistakes like that shouldn't be tolerated by anyone, including you.

It's not like Sunderland could produce anything on their end anyway. You guys get a draw simply because the referees screwed up TWICE. Keep patting yourselves on the back.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Arsenal was screwed. Definitely a penalty on the push of Arshavin and definitely the wrong call on the offside. Haveing said that, Wenger needs to take some blame for his lineup choice. I can't figure out why Denilson continues to get first team minutes, even with the injuries to other players. He's utterly useless. It wasn't a coincidence that as soon as he left the Arsenal attack opened up and they got chance after chance.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Arsenal was screwed. Definitely a penalty on the push of Arshavin and definitely the wrong call on the offside. Haveing said that, Wenger needs to take some blame for his lineup choice. I can't figure out why Denilson continues to get first team minutes, even with the injuries to other players. He's utterly useless. It wasn't a coincidence that as soon as he left the Arsenal attack opened up and they got chance after chance.

Agree about Denilson. I guess Wenger doesn't have much choice if Song is hobbled and/or injured. I also wonder if Denilson's poor positioning affects Wilshere's ability to have more movement in the midfield.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Arsenal was hosed not once, but twice. Referee mistakes like that shouldn't be tolerated by anyone, including you.

It's not like Sunderland could produce anything on their end anyway. You guys get a draw simply because the referees screwed up TWICE. Keep patting yourselves on the back.

It's a hard place to go and most teams end up under the kosh at some point. We had 45 % off the ball, more corners and 4 or 5 decent efforts. Your lot had by far the better chances but as was proved at the stadium of light the best team on the day doesn't always win. Maybe you used up your luck for the year with cesc's goal against us.

Good luck on wednesday by the way, I will be cheering your lot on.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's a hard place to go and most teams end up under the kosh at some point. We had 45 % off the ball, more corners and 4 or 5 decent efforts. Your lot had by far the better chances but as was proved at the stadium of light the best team on the day doesn't always win. Maybe you used up your luck for the year with cesc's goal against us.

Good luck on wednesday by the way, I will be cheering your lot on.

Could be. For all the harping that Wenger does that we've turned the corner, we NEVER take advantage of hiccups by United. It's frustrating as hell, as you can probably imagine.

As for Tuesday, again, it's a game with my 2 favorite teams in the world, and I see no way in hell that Arsenal will escape from this game. I have a feeling Barcelona is going to tear them apart. I don't expect Arsenal to win, but I'm crossing my fingers for at least an exciting game.

English on tour

Reaction score
We needed that result in the worst way. Great performance all around.

Yep, great response from the players.

We lost welbeck and and Bardsley in first 15 minutes and gyan Just after his goal. So we now have no fit strikers at the club and finished the game with sess up front on his own, so to score 4 was a pretty impressive.

Great character after going one down too. I also have to say the crowd was magnificent yesterday too, could easily have turned after going behind but did the opposite and got right behind them (as they had done all match) and we got our reward.

Next few games me be youth team playing up front but suppose it hives the young ones a chance!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah, after reading that article, I still don't think it's happening. 'Seeking the cash' and 'leading premiership team' while talking about how teams all across Europe are keen on him. It sounds like a writer ran with a bunch of generalities and a coach's wish-list item.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, after reading that article, I still don't think it's happening. 'Seeking the cash' and 'leading premiership team' while talking about how teams all across Europe are keen on him. It sounds like a writer ran with a bunch of generalities and a coach's wish-list item.
Ya, agree.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
West Ham 0-3 Sunderland

Disappointing season in a lot of ways because of injuries, but we still finished Top 10 and above the Mags so...

:cheers: :beer:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
West Ham 0-3 Sunderland

Disappointing season in a lot of ways because of injuries, but we still finished Top 10 and above the Mags so...

:cheers: :beer:

Yeah, the difference between the teams in the tables means zilch...neither does the fact that we had a goal difference of 10 better than you kitty cats, but it makes me smile :)

English on tour

Reaction score
Yeah, the difference between the teams in the tables means zilch...neither does the fact that we had a goal difference of 10 better than you kitty cats, but it makes me smile :)

hah clutching at straws there mate! I have also heard your lot got a banner out saying 'North East Top Dogs' when you were 3 up yesterday :oops:

In truth, all finishing above your lot does is stop you (as in most mags I know) bleating about it all summer. We should have finished above you and we did, but after being 6th in February its just good to finish top half given the injuries we have had. We need to get some players with some balls and fight for next year and blend them with the skill players. We also need to sort out all these injuries.

As for the Mags, 12th really is a very good first season back up and it could have been better in the end. Lots to build on for next year and having Ben Arfa fit again will be like getting a new signing. Lots for you to be pleased about for you guys.

English on tour

Reaction score
Is Jordan Henderson worth 20million pounds

Ah man, he is a proper player is Hendo!

Gutted he is going (there is talk we may get Ngog back along with £15m) and really dont know what to think about next year.

Just confirmed my season ticket for next season and on a downer already! Wait and see who we bring in but it does make you think 'whats the bloody point' if you bring a decent player through the academy and them let him go rather then building on it. :bang:

Reaction score
No offense I am happy about your reaction as a Liverpool supporter, that you rate him so highly. On the plus side N'gog is a good player as well, I think you will be happy with him. On the plus side your getting a ton of money back to help strengthen in other areas.

English on tour

Reaction score
No offense I am happy about your reaction as a Liverpool supporter, that you rate him so highly. On the plus side N'gog is a good player as well, I think you will be happy with him. On the plus side your getting a ton of money back to help strengthen in other areas.

Whats £15million going to buy you these days....we cant get better than Hendo for the same money! You keep your best players, simple as.

We spent £13 million on Gyan but again, whats the point if you get one decent one in and let one go.