Sunday NFL Ticket leaving DirecTV?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like the Sunday NFL Ticket will no longer be carried on DirecTV after the 2022-2023 season,
https://nypost.com/2020/12/16/nfls-monster-tv-deals-with-networks-amazon-will-surpass-100b/
Sunday NFL Ticket is also in play. It is not expected to remain on DirecTV. Amazon,ESPN+ and possibly Apple+ are seen as the leading candidates for the subscription rights to all the Sunday games. The NFL could sell this package to multiple carriers as opposed to DirecTV’s current exclusive contract for $1.5 billion per year.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ESPN gonna pay big money for that. World wide leader for a reason and they got Disney money

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
That would be awesome to get Sunday Ticket with your Amazon Prime subscription that most of us already have anyway.
You think that would be the case? I believe that they will charge extra for that service. They got to try and recoup that money some how. But I would be awesome if it came with prime.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You think that would be the case? I believe that they will charge extra for that service. They got to try and recoup that money some how. But I would be awesome if it came with prime.

yeah... i think there would have to be an upcharge on the ticket if Amazon got it.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
My DirecTV will be around as long as Fitzgerald is still playing. Once he retires I am cancelling DirecTV and strictly streaming anything I watch on the big TV.

I stream 95% of the time now anyway, so it would not be a big loss and I would save a bunch per month.

DirecTV is on life support. Cable TV channels and providers just keep fighting and keep increasing prices, and now have priced themselves out of competition. Heck, even the blackout rules are easily avoided these days.

The NFL knows how to get every cent they can, and they know they are SEVERELY limited by exclusively working with DirecTV in regards to games.

I am surprised they are not going completely direct like the NHL, where the NHL has its own app that allows you to watch all the games, the NHL also has a cheaper package that allows you access to single team for less money, than if you want to see all games. That is getting every cent you can, and I would not be surprised if the NFL goes this route.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I am hoping the streaming options are upgraded to pristine 4k.

One thing I hate about streaming is the lack of good 4k content. They could dominate traditional TV providers if they figured that out.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I left Direct TV and so happy to be back. Free Sunday Ticket, Free Max, all new equipment, true DVR, $150 gift card, and local sports for just $25 more than Hulu Live and no local sports + constant buffering

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be awesome to get Sunday Ticket with your Amazon Prime subscription that most of us already have anyway.

not will be an added charge I’d bet... won’t be cheap either. People hate directv which I don’t really understand. Hell most of the time you could negotiate it down to damn near nothing or absolute nothing.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I can't afford to pay for broadband AND satellite, which doesn't provide internet, just for Sunday Ticket.

Vegas only has Cox Cable, and CenturyLink - which is 100% useless. I had faster speeds in 2003.

Any expanded game package would be great, even if it was just the Cards.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it very well could. But you two are probably right, there may be a fee.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not will be an added charge I’d bet... won’t be cheap either. People hate directv which I don’t really understand. Hell most of the time you could negotiate it down to damn near nothing or absolute nothing.

Do you show them your badge when you talk with their customer service? They have long been regarded as some of the worse service of any industry.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

One thing I hate about streaming is the lack of good 4k content. They could dominate traditional TV providers if they figured that out.

Absolutely! I can't wait for 8k to become the norm for sports. Kinda surprised it isn't here yet.

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

American sports lacks on 4k big time, nfl you only get a game, doesn't matter if satellite streaming or cable.
Soccer world cup and all the European leagues are available in 4k.

I think Fubo tv has TNF streaming in 4k, last time I looked in to it the only NFL games that will be broadcast in 4K are Thursday Night Football.

Unfortunately it looks like 4K games will continue to be few and far between.
We’re stuck with the same 720p or 1080i broadcasts looks the cable companies have old infrastructure and don't want to invest for the moment and the networks are only permitted to use a limited number of technicians and camera operators at the games due to covid; a 4K broadcast requires more people and infrastructure so they are even doing less than what was planned.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they have to run out of 4K tvs to sell before they bless us with the 8k roll out lol
Both of the new game consoles support 8k 60 frames per second. That is the bigger draw for me, until sports come around.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If ESPN doesnt get it...they are pretty much dead. No one watches them anymore.

They already have Thursday Night Games on Amazon Prime....Amazon has unlimited money. Just let us pay $100 bucks and have access to streaming all the games.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I would rather have the world rights to the Red Zone. It is becoming more popular around the world, if not already.

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Some do but I imagine people rocking 10mbps connections do t have the bandwidth. YouTube has some stellar stuff on it

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And if Disney get it they would lock it behind their own paywall.

That way I have to pay for Amazon Prime and Disney unless Disney starts delivering shopping

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I would rather have the world rights to the Red Zone. It is becoming more popular around the world, if not already.
Or as I call it the fantasy football channel. I for one can't stand that, I prefer jumping around from game to game during commericals or half time. Except during cards games, I don't turn the channel even at half time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose