Sunday NFL Ticket leaving DirecTV?

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No matter who gets the broadcasts rights, we pay for it.

As I write this, I am not getting my local NBC affiliate as they are blacked out over retransmission fees which are what network affiliates charge cable/satellite providers to be able to air their content. These fees can be greater than what the stations make from advertising. The networks have jumped onto this revenue stream by charging their affiliates reverse retransmission fees.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If ESPN doesnt get it...they are pretty much dead. No one watches them anymore.

They already have Thursday Night Games on Amazon Prime....Amazon has unlimited money. Just let us pay $100 bucks and have access to streaming all the games.

that’s not true they still dominate sports by far

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
that’s not true they still dominate sports by far

I dont think so. They have had several rounds of massive layoffs. If you haven't watched ESPN in a while, a lot of the people you used to watch are gone. Most of their top people have either been fired or have jumped ship to online websites, podcasts, etc.

ESPN doesn't have anything that can't be accessed elsewhere.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont think so. They have had several rounds of massive layoffs. If you haven't watched ESPN in a while, a lot of the people you used to watch are gone. Most of their top people have either been fired or have jumped ship to online websites, podcasts, etc.

ESPN doesn't have anything that can't be accessed elsewhere.

That’s what I’m saying even with that. They are still far ahead of Fox and it’s not close.

the whole entertainment industry is changing. Younger people don’t consume stuff they way we used to. My little brother streams everything legal and illegal.

I paid for the Davis vs Santa Cruz fight and he looked at me in disgust like you paid for that.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess I have been fortunate and am happy to say that my experience with directv has been good.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Or as I call it the fantasy football channel. I for one can't stand that, I prefer jumping around from game to game during commericals or half time. Except during cards games, I don't turn the channel even at half time.

I record the games to watch after redzone, which I also record. I have found that I can skip to beginning of each play of most games by pushing the skip button once. It jumps ahead 30 seconds to just about where qb is starting to call signals.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I streamed the Cardinals game to the living room tv last weekend and it was no worse than watching on cable. No glitches or buffering with Comcast blast internet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson