Suggestion for new Sub Forum

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Everything Else area has had a lot of local news that involves death lately. I was wondering if that woudl warrent a new sub forum in there. No offense to those that post it, but having that many threads about tragic accidents can be a downer at times. Maybe it can be called "Local News" or something since they are all about the same subject.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Everything Else area has had a lot of local news that involves death lately. I was wondering if that woudl warrent a new sub forum in there. No offense to those that post it, but having that many threads about tragic accidents can be a downer at times. Maybe it can be called "Local News" or something since they are all about the same subject.

I don't mod that forum. This sounds like a question for Shaggy/Iceman.

Having a subforum for death? I would not vote for that.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mod that forum. This sounds like a question for Shaggy/Iceman.

Having a subforum for death? I would not vote for that.

Sounds like an exciting mod opportunity!

"Are you tired of the same old tired arguments in P&R? Sign up now for this chance of a lifetime and moderate the delightful Sub-forum for Death."

:koolaid:

:computer:

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How bout a Travel subforum?

Just make a Travel thread in EE. If it blows up with a lot of popularity then I could ask Shaggy/Iceman about maybe adding a new forum. I just don't want to create new forums for everything.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just make a Travel thread in EE. If it blows up with a lot of popularity then I could ask Shaggy/Iceman about maybe adding a new forum. I just don't want to create new forums for everything.

I don't either. Post up that travel thread and see how it goes. The local news sub section, I'll see what can be done.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I completely understand what you mean with the death in the everything else forum. We could try adding the new "tragic accidents and deaths" section. Want to check with Shaggy to see what his thoughts are

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I completely understand what you mean with the death in the everything else forum. We could try adding the new "tragic accidents and deaths" section. Want to check with Shaggy to see what his thoughts are

I really don't want a tragic death section on here. Maybe if it was a News section, that was mixed with certain news then fine, but not a section for just people that have died.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't want a tragic death section on here. Maybe if it was a News section, that was mixed with certain news then fine, but not a section for just people that have died.

Thank you. That would make this board depressing and bad.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There already is a travel thread in EE

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the EE forum just needs more people posting in it. It just happens to be a lot of death stuff. I am against a sub forum for news or death.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I understand that, so let's figure out what would be best for the add on

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
We could just expand the P&R forum.

Politics, Opinion, Religion, News

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Politics discussions are typically opinion based and often religion is political. Don't believe it would be necessary

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Politics discussions are typically opinion based and often religion is political. Don't believe it would be necessary

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
It's pretty funny when it flies right over someone's head. ;)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

+1

This was my idea as well. Glad someone else thinks the same way. We already talk about current events in there in some form.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson