Streaming Sports

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've made the decision to get rid of DirecTV and go with streaming options. I'm planning on purchasing Sling TV to pair with HBO Go and an over the air antenna. I figure I'll stream my programming going forward, as it's more cost effective.

The only thing I'll be missing is sports, as you can't yet stream local sports channels.

Does anyone know of any streaming sites that actually have decent video quality? The ones I've used in the past were terrible.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've made the decision to get rid of DirecTV and go with streaming options. I'm planning on purchasing Sling TV to pair with HBO Go and an over the air antenna. I figure I'll stream my programming going forward, as it's more cost effective.

The only thing I'll be missing is sports, as you can't yet stream local sports channels.

Does anyone know of any streaming sites that actually have decent video quality? The ones I've used in the past were terrible.

local football can be captured on over the air TV through your rabbit ears. For the sports on cable, I have no answer. Sling TV hs some of the basketball channels but not FSAZ. Personally as someone who cut the cord 4 years ago, I hated sling tv. $20 a month to see that nothing is on any of those channels. I just do netflix, hulu plus and HBO GO.

OP
OP
Town Drunk

Town Drunk

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I was hoping it would be possible to stream your local sports channels, as MLB League Pass won't work for me as I'm not out of the Giants market. Looks like local sports haven't yet caught up with streaming.

OP
OP
Town Drunk

Town Drunk

Reaction score
Won't help me next year but it's a good step!

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I use reddit to find streams to stuff I can't get and it usually works well, and in good quality. I'd advise you to get an ad blocker (I use uBlock Origin for Chrome) to get rid of most of annoying crap that pops up.

reddit.com/r/nflstreams
reddit.com/r/MLBStreams
reddit.com/r/nbastreams

I've also used Bosscast as an alternative, and they're usually HD quality.

OP
OP
Town Drunk

Town Drunk

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Great suggestions.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ever looking into Kodi?