Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Overall it's been a great season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Disagree. It's certainly watchable, and the length isn't at all a problem, but the disparate story lines around the country/world aren't working for me. Then they doubled down on it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree. It's certainly watchable, and the length isn't at all a problem, but the disparate story lines around the country/world aren't working for me. Then they doubled down on it.
Allegedly the last couple episodes bring everyone back together. I kind of felt like it maybe should have happened an episode sooner but let's see how they weave it all together.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's only two groups this season who's story I cared about - the max, dustin, lucas group and the steve group... which were always kinda mixed together. that part of the show was always good this season. couldn't care less about 11 or the group trying to find 11 and the Russia storyline just didn't hold my interest at all.

Stout

Reaction score
there's only two groups this season who's story I cared about - the max, dustin, lucas group and the steve group... which were always kinda mixed together. that part of the show was always good this season. couldn't care less about 11 or the group trying to find 11 and the Russia storyline just didn't hold my interest at all.
The Russia story line just feels like treading water/wasting time. Then it looked like we were getting an end to it, blessedly, but no.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Russia story line just feels like treading water/wasting time. Then it looked like we were getting an end to it, blessedly, but no.
Same feelings here.

That said, in Season 4 of any show, I think it’s incredibly impressive to bring the most interesting/personal villain the show has seen to date. And his power for weaponizing kids’ trauma is a pretty neat wrinkle for the horror genre. They have put some pretty memorable moments together this season, with Max’s Kate Bush showdown/struggle with Vecna being one of the best in the show’s history. Also, the scale of the show this year is really impressive and it's continued to take quantum leaps every season in that area.

And I like what they’ve done conceptually with 11, even though the execution hasn’t been electrifying.

Actually when I take a step back and think about it, I still basically love everyone and everything going on in Hawkins. The other stuff just feels so superfluous.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same feelings here.

That said, in Season 4 of any show, I think it’s incredibly impressive to bring the most interesting/personal villain the show has seen to date. And his power for weaponizing kids’ trauma is a pretty neat wrinkle for the horror genre. They have put some pretty memorable moments together this season, with Max’s Kate Bush showdown/struggle with Vecna being one of the best in the show’s history.

And I like what they’ve done conceptually with 11, even though the execution hasn’t been electrifying.

Actually when I take a step back and think about it, I still basically love everyone and everything going on in Hawkins. The other stuff just feels so superfluous.
It's the creepiest villain which I am not sure was possible after seeing the Mind Flayer. However, my 10 year old daughter who LOVES stranger things? She literally covered her eyes a couple times because Vecna creeped her out so much. The wife and I talked about not letting her watch but she had a cow. He scares the crap out of her.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Just finished. I enjoyed it. If they felt the need to separate the characters, I like how they at least split them into four groups and arranged them in order from most enjoyable to least enjoyable and then delved out the screen time appropriately.
The Eleven storyline was a lot of nothing until the end when you realized that a lot of the nothing was necessary. I liked that they mainly focused on the current Hawkins crew which easily had all the best characters. I am hoping the writers realize that those are the best characters and are purposely doing it that way as opposed to evening out the screen time by going heavy on the others in part 2.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dustin is the best character on the show and every scene he’s in is gold. Big reason why Hawkins group is the best.

The Nevada storyline at least moves the plot.

Both Utah (the whiner group) and Russia (the sidekick adults) are uninteresting to me.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished all 7 episodes. Love it. Recency Bias says to me its just as good as the previous ones which I did not expect. Vecna is a bit odd but the end of season 7 (so far) made it clear why.

When they went through watergate, I was a bit confused but it ramped up and made it okay. love this show.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calling it now. One of the older kids is dying.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Steve dies I am going to lose my ****. He went from 80s villian to an example of non toxic masculinity.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Steve dies I am going to lose my ****. He went from 80s villian to an example of non toxic masculinity.
There’s no way they kill Steve. I could see them killing a Murray and the new Rocker dude.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
My call? Mike is killed. I think it would be stupid and lazy writing, but i think they go there.
Now I think he'll have more to do in the final 2 episodes, but my money is on Will. He sacrifices himself to save Eleven.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stranger Things Season 4 Volume 2's Release Crashed Netflix, Subscribers Report​

Subscribers flipped Netflix upside down on Friday morning, upon the release of volume 2 of Stranger Things' fourth season.

According to reports from global uptime-monitoring site Downdetector, the streaming platform crashed when viewers tuned in to watch the final two episodes of the season when they hit Netflix at 3 a.m ET., with over 14,000 users issuing complaints.

A majority of the problems appeared to be resolved within a half-hour, per Downdetector's data, with all issues vanishing by the end of the hour.

Stout

Reaction score
This was a whole lot of meh framed by some good scenes, characters, and good feels. And one super epic scene. Mostly it was loooong and boring, though. I was disappointed. I blame both the writers and the director. Absolutely no blame on the cast. They're always nails.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose