Stranger Things (Netflix)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Took me a week to binge the whole series in preparation for Friday. Spectacular.

So we have Stranger Things and Obi-Wan on Friday and The Orville returns next week. Nice couple days of tv.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took me a week to binge the whole series in preparation for Friday. Spectacular.

So we have Stranger Things and Obi-Wan on Friday and The Orville returns next week. Nice couple days of tv.

Perfect for the long weekend!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That doesn't even factor in seeing the new Top Gun movie. It's going to be an epic week for entertainment.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
First two eps were good, the only real problem that bothered me is that they go WAY over the top with the bullying. You’ll know what I mean when you see it.

That, and the Jonathan character is continuing his downward spiral. 2nd episode is better than the first.

All eps are going to be 20-30 minutes longer than previous seasons.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Wife and I watched the first two episodes and feel as though the show has lost its luster. Hoping it gets better.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it dragged out of the gate. Picked up after the first two episodes. Fam finishing the last two today. This season is creepy!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I’m on episode five and once again, they are really good at having seperate threads and tying time together. It appears one of the major storylines is resolved or at least it’s EVolved into something else.

They als have done a good job with making situations that look completely helpless for our protagonists. End of episode 4 is a good example of this.

They are also not relying on 80s tropes as much as season 3, which is good. I only wish they portrayed the bullying more realistic.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Wow, that “finale.” Feature length and just packed with good stuff and a lot of revelations.

I imagine Will will become pretty major in the final two episodes. He’s been almost nonexistent, almost as if they were diverting attention from him on purpose.

July can’t get here fast enough.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that “finale.” Feature length and just packed with good stuff and a lot of revelations.

I imagine Will will become pretty major in the final two episodes. He’s been almost nonexistent, almost as if they were diverting attention from him on purpose.

July can’t get here fast enough.
Ridiculous we have to wait several weeks for only 2 more episodes.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Okay, episodes 3 and 4 were significantly better. Some minor “come on” moments, but we’re invested again.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Holy crap. Forgot this came out already!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The last two episodes, especially the last one, are great. You want more, but you will now have to wait a month.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Still don't see how each episode cost $30M, or whatever outrageous figure it was.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still don't see how each episode cost $30M, or whatever outrageous figure it was.
I do. The FX alone would have driven up costs. Plus, it looks like they used a ton of location shooting and practical sets.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really was disappointed in the first episode (all I've seen so far). It was just a mess as far as I could tell.

The bullying part was indeed overdone and dumb, and the mish-mash of the BB game and the Dungeons and Dragons game seemed like wasted time. Based on what others have said here, I'll keep truckin' on it and anticipate episode three.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Episode 4 Dear Billy was fantastic. Whole season very good so far. I thought the longer episodes would drag a bit but they haven't. Season 4 best season since S1 imho

Only bit I don't like is Argyle. The Jar Jar Binks of Stranger Things!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson