Steve Wilks ..... what more can be said

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
The more I dig into this, the more I'm hearing that it was MB that overruled Keim to hire Wilks. In fact, Keim pretty much washed his hands of the situation. Keim & Arians were best buddies & chummed around (drank heavily) almost daily. Arians knew that a Wilks hire would be devastating, and emphasized that to MB. Keim did the same. Michael didn't like the closeness of the Arians/Keim relationship & made it HIS decision to hire Wilks.

You're my guy PA, but unless there's proof this is all conjecture

Last edited:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth!

Below is an example from today on how "official station" talks about an under performing GM. Convenient to ignore Keim's DUI here?
http://arizonasports.com/story/1741...als-lose-in-disappointing-fashion-to-oakland/

You must be registered for see images attach

Another one, where the sticks has been moved in a very convenient way from lets see after first month, lets talk after McCoy is gone, lets talk after Bye week and now lets talk after the final six games to delay talking truth until the inevitable moment.

You must be registered for see images attach

They loyally serve their masters without a disclaimer to their listeners. That is my only beef.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We could be 5-5 . 3 losses have been on the coaching staff choking with a lead. Cards have lost 3 games at the buzzer on fgs

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
...They loyally serve their masters without a disclaimer to their listeners. That is my only beef.
There's no sympathy on 98.7. I caught part of the game on the radio and Wolfley was openly excoriating the coaches. You know for a fact Bickley and Lamebadoro will be crapping on this Trumpster fire all day long. I bet even Bruce Jacobs will have a gallon of scorn over at KFYI.

And what will the team say? Don't criticize us? LOL, hollow admonition. What are they gonna do, move to XTRA? They just got done cleaning house in the wake of the ClearChannel bankruptcy.

As to loyalty to GMs, the Cards have suffered from that for years. The Birdwells sucking up to a GM is nothing new. Remember Rod Graves? Or Bob Ferguson? Or Larry Wilson. Hell, they are so f***ed, Grandpa Charlie used to root for the Bears when he knew the Chi Cards were gonna lose because of him. Charlie had his nose so far up Papa Bear's backside he could see Sarah Palin's Bridge to Russia. :D

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
This has to be the final straw. Losing to the biggest dumpster fire of all teams. Pull the plug on Wilks and Keim and enter the 2019 draft with competent people running the show.

JD Robertson

Registered
Reaction score
The more I dig into this, the more I'm hearing that it was MB that overruled Keim to hire Wilks. In fact, Keim pretty much washed his hands of the situation. Keim & Arians were best buddies & chummed around (drank heavily) almost daily. Arians knew that a Wilks hire would be devastating, and emphasized that to MB. Keim did the same. Michael didn't like the closeness of the Arians/Keim relationship & made it HIS decision to hire Wilks.

If that is the case then MB deserves some criticism also. If I recall wasn't it posted somewhere that Keim wanted Bettcher? I didn't want him either. Neither one of them picked a good coach. They need a good football mind at GM with the power to hire who he wants. Owners who meddle just get in the way IMO.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Barring another run in with the law, I 100% guarantee you that Keim will still be our GM for the 2019 season. It's true that he's burned through some of the goodwill he's accumulated with Mike B, but not nearly enough for ownership to send Keim packing.

And Wilkes' fate still hangs in the balance. If the team plays well (or even perhaps just respectably) the rest of the way out, he'll probably get a second year.

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like it or not IMO most likely Keim and Wilks will be back. Bidwill will give them another year to fix it.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What is there for Bidwill from this staff to hang your hat on to hope things improve?

It will be a xx-cluster freak for Rosen if this staff returns.
Like it or not IMO most likely Keim and Wilks will be back. Bidwill will give them another year to fix it.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I was really hoping he was Anthony Lynn.2 Instead, he looks like Vance Joseph.2. You hate to give up on him after one season but that was
a truly horrible performance on Sunday.

Despite a truly anemic offense performance across the board, you have to beat a decimated Raiders team.
You just have too. That was a disgraceful performance. Cardinals are playing 'not to lose'. There is way too much talent on this team to keep
losing the way they are.

Steve Wilkes emphasized reducing pre-snap and post-play penalties. Captain Obvious says that wasn't obvious on Sunday.

We'll see how the season plays out. But if the woeful under-performance continues, the Cardinals have to pull the plug IMO.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

yep. I agree.

Although I think Keim is walking a very fine line right now. Especially with his extreme DUI during the offseason which was a major embarrassment for MB.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This should be unbelievable but most likely is believable. If true, then M B is a meddling owner.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I was really hoping he was Anthony Lynn.2 Instead, he looks like Vance Joseph.2. You hate to give up on him after one season but that was
a truly horrible performance on Sunday.

Despite a truly anemic offense performance across the board, you have to beat a decimated Raiders team.
You just have too. That was a disgraceful performance. Cardinals are playing 'not to lose'. There is way too much talent on this team to keep
losing the way they are.

Steve Wilkes emphasized reducing pre-snap and post-play penalties. Captain Obvious says that wasn't obvious on Sunday.

We'll see how the season plays out. But if the woeful under-performance continues, the Cardinals have to pull the plug IMO.
Vance Joseph beat Anthony Lynn yesterday.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson