Steve Wilks Monday press conference 9-24-2018

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Offensive line has to come off the ball.

They got to do a better job protecting and give the QB time.

Wide receivers got to get some separation.

We are going to look at the tape, and see what guys deserve to be playing and match our DNA.

Etc., etc.

All said in a confident sounding tone, yet full of contradictions and head scratching logic.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Offensive line has to come off the ball.

They got to do a better job protecting and give the QB time.

Wide receivers got to get some separation.

We are going to look at the tape, and see what guys deserve to be playing and match our DNA.

Etc., etc.

All said in a confident sounding tone, yet full of contradictions and head scratching logic.

Aha!, I found the problem, Wilks wants players who match his DNA. That's probably how he selected his coaching staff. DNA=LOSER!

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As for the QB, don't write off Mike Glennon, as he hasn't thrown an int all year. It will be a game time decision. And we're going to get input from the players, and will ask them who they want to be our QB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It will be stock garbage.

Everything is on the table.
Good spots from the game, but still work to do.
Players need to execute.
Coaches need to find what works.
Keep working hard and we will get over that hump.
We are close.
Just trying to get that first win.

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s strange how he acts like we’re behind him on his wanting to get that first W like it would be a prize. This was a borderline wildcard playoff team for years. Even last year. I bet you BA/Stanton would’ve gotten us to 2-2 by week 4. Wilks will probably have us 0-4.

We aren’t excited at the prospect of getting a win, it should be assumed. This should be at worst a 6-10 team but it’s not.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont like his press conference
Are ripetitive and seems to ignore fans football knowledge

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Wilks' press conferences are boring. Certainly not entertaining like BA's.

Would like to see him be accountable for him and his coaching staff. Most importantly, tell us that Rosen is starting Sunday.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Pure coach speak! I won’t even bother listening because he will sound just like the inaudible voice of the lady on Snoopy on the phone. Blah blah blah & say absolutely nothing

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
"We gotta get better. Better blocking up front. Making sure guys aren't missing their assignments. Looking for that one win."

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's as if Steve W and his coaches are skimming the "What Plays to Run" and "What Stuff to Include in Your To Do List" coaching manuals to come up with appropriate- sounding stuff to do or say.

What we're getting as a result are: The right plays called...but at the wrong times. The right QB move made...but at a weird time.

On face value, yanking Bradford and playing Rosen makes pretty good sense, but not when you are 2 points behind, on your 25-yd line with 4:27 left & plenty of time to pick up 40+ yds to get in FG range. For that, you want a veteran field general who's "been there" and has the entire playbook at his fingertips. Rosen might have talent, but has a steep learning curve and, therefore, was wrong guy for the job at that time.

I know it's easy to Mon. Morning QB, but the so-called Cardinal DNA seems to center on Dumb Football.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You guys know the drill. Cardinals are gonna win just enough games (guessing San Fran, Oakland, and Seattle) to not get the #1 pick, and all of this losing will be for nothing.
Derek Carr and Russell Wilson are going to eat this group alive dude.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
"We gotta get better. Better blocking up front. Making sure guys aren't missing their assignments. Looking for that one win."

Yeah Wilks is looking for that one win so he doesn't get his name added to the list of 0-16 coaches.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aside from Wilks' pressers being light on content, they're annoyingly full of fluff words. You could get drunk VERY quickly if you took a drink every time Wilks says:

you know (!!)
all right
at that time
at certain times
right there
right now
that particular point in time
that particular play
that particular decision
in that situation

...dave

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Blah blah blah blah....this is pathetic sounding Although he did say Rosen is starting

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems like I believe Carr is a better QB than others on this board do. I would have never thought his ability was in doubt. Good to know.

My take on Carr is he can play and throw like a god at times, but can equally turn around and make a terrible, dumb int that costs his team the game. He is the Raiders version of Jake Plummer.