Steve Keim Opens Up About Mental Health Issues

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This piece of toilet scum has invested his entire well being in profiting on others and then selling them out when it benefits him. He is snakes in the grass. His damage is well documented across multiple people.

He is a toxic piece of poo
The rightful owners of any Rage are the immediate members of SK’s family. They are the injured, not a fan—no matter how dedicated that fan is to the team. Even if SK said something negative about your favorite player. Your rage against SK is not going to change a thing where it counts. All his past mistakes as a GM are not going to be corrected because you have a stranglehold on your anger. You will be the one to pay the price for your rage and will be poisoned by your venom.

Instead, offer positive support now that he has come forward and acknowledged his struggles, and has taken responsibility for his mistakes. It is the only thing we outsiders can do to help move the needle on how he behaves. If you want to help save the real victims---his family members--- from his toxic behavior, get behind his efforts to regain his mental health. His four children will thank you.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
His issues sunk the franchise. He deliberately scape goated others to cover for his mistakes.

The very same dude who took pot shots at Murray for not taking personal responsibility decides to blame it all on mental health.

fudge him
Absolutely. I'm a mental health provider and will defend a person tooth and claw over their mental health, but when they ignore it, ruin everyone around them, and blame everyone else, well...who am I fooling, I would treat them with the same dignity and worth as anyone else, if seeing them personally. In a situation like this, however, I will not forgive them for their actions.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Absolutely. I'm a mental health provider and will defend a person tooth and claw over their mental health, but when they ignore it, ruin everyone around them, and blame everyone else, well...who am I fooling, I would treat them with the same dignity and worth as anyone else, if seeing them personally. In a situation like this, however, I will not forgive them for their actions.

That's fair Stout. If true, then he deserves some sympathy, sure.

But the choices he made weren't just about him. At the very minimum, he behaved selfishly and irresponsibly.

And now he has to take responsibility for the pain he caused to those around him by ignoring/self-medicating.

Stout

Reaction score
He could start by staying the hell out of the news. Continuing to run one’s mouth to all who will listen seems to be feeding his ego
Exactly. Now he's clearly speaking out in a timed manner to get more clicks and attention at draft time. Come at me three weeks after the season with your confessions, bro, and I'll believe you aren't "confessing" to feed your ego/image.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I think the recognition of mental health issues and open minded empathy for those dealing with it is a good thing

I also think some want to categorize every poor personal decision as being a mental health issue.

just because people dealing with mental health problems can make poor decisions doesn't mean everyone who makes a poor decision has mental health issues.

So -- broad acceptance and empathy by the public has also created incentives to claim mental health as the reason for poor decisions.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Some passionate responses on this. I'd like to clarify what I said personally. When I mean I have nothing bad to say, I mean I choose not to give him and what he did to my football team any value. He's an afterthought as far as I'm concerned. Don't know him personally and my concern about him was only what he brought to the Arizona Cardinals. As a human being, I wish him well, and peace moving forward. Once his relationship with the team ended, so did my care about what he has to say. I as well didn't bother to listen to the podcast.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Exactly. Now he's clearly speaking out in a timed manner to get more clicks and attention at draft time. Come at me three weeks after the season with your confessions, bro, and I'll believe you aren't "confessing" to feed your ego/image.
Keim is a former GM. He absolutely understands that he needs to stay relevant and needs to market himself.

This was definitely timed to get some views from NFL people. To partially cleanse some of the stink from the end of his run.

Stout

Reaction score
Keim is a former GM. He absolutely understands that he needs to stay relevant and needs to market himself.

This was definitely timed to get some views from NFL people. To partially cleanse some of the stink from the end of his run.
Yep, and that's scumbag behavior. Really sheds bad light on MH issues rather than positive light. How many people will right the MH angle off as "psh, he's just in it for the clicks" and generalize that to a broader stigmatization?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also the timing of this a day or two before the draft is again so self aggrandizing. This dude has made a career out this
I just listened to it, and it sounded exactly like this to me. Planned out and specifically released right before the draft. "Look at me - I am a victim !!" "Sure, I was rich and very successful, but I was sad, too." Poor guy. Did not sound authentic like a guy hoping that telling what he went through might help someone else.

Also, side note - both of these guys love the F word - a lot. Sheesh.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Funniest part was when he was talking about Robert Nkemdiche.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
What did he say about him?

Knowing that Nkemdiche had a lot of red flags, but drafting him anyways with the defensive line coach's blessing that he'll personally commit to helping him mature and then one year later that same coach going up to Keim and saying, "f**k that, I cant coach this guy!"

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
The politically correct response to this is “sad.”

I thinks he’s a jackass and he let the bottle take the lead.

This was stupid, and it’s sad.

2 things can be concurrently correct- he be a jackass, and he could easily mean well.

This is a MB problem… just wait fellas: he will let Monti do his job long enough, and then purge the team (keeping the failed idiots in the organization Btw)…

I don’t know who to blame years past on more: the overweight drunk who worked everyday for the org, or the guy doing the hiring of the circus act that is Arizona Cardinals (front office/staff/support personnel)?

If you’re gonna spit in Kiems face, at least knock a tooth off MB.

I’m excited about this roster, but… no faith…

For most owners this is both hobby and status… for bidwills it’s soooo much more.