Stepfan Taylor is not as far behind as you may think..

iRobot

Veteran
Reaction score
http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...n-Taylor/d2670155-c6d2-4ad9-89a2-995a7f5a0e65

"Despite missing nearly two weeks of on-field tutoring, Taylor has picked up the Cardinals’ concepts and plays fairly quickly, Mitchell said. Both Mitchell and Taylor attributed Taylor’s quick learning to Stanford running a similar offense but with different terminology – which Taylor identified as one of his toughest adjustments. For example, a “74” protection with the Cardinals was called “2 Jet” with the Cardinal.

If you ask Taylor, he’s far behind the rest of his teammates.

If you ask Mitchell, Taylor’s not as far behind as he thinks. But the one-on-one sessions are meant to catch Taylor up to speed."

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I believe Taylor will wind up as the best RB on the team. ..

OP
OP
I

iRobot

Veteran
Reaction score
I believe Taylor and Ellington will find the field a lot more by season end. Williams has durability concerns and Mendenhall still has to show he's fully recovered from his knee injury.

If Mendenhall does well.. then I could see Mendenhall being a 3-down back with Taylor having short yardage spot duty.

gnomepete

Registered
Reaction score
Stump has always been one of my favorite Cardinals; this is just another way.

Pete

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Taylor was a wasted draft pick. He'll never amount to anything. Another JJ Arrington. Might as well have drafted a Kicker. He'll be out of the NFL in a year after busting his head blocking 265lb edge rushers in our pass happy offense.

:p

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Taylor was a wasted draft pick. He'll never amount to anything. Another JJ Arrington. Might as well have drafted a Kicker. He'll be out of the NFL in a year after busting his head blocking 265lb edge rushers in our pass happy offense.

:p

woot woot!!!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally hope Ryan Williams can break out the injury slump and he goes off.. Feel bad for the guy.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I know is our RB and QB situation is light years better than it was last year.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
All I know is our RB and QB situation is light years better than it was last year.

By October 18th the Cardinals had their starting QBs knocked out of action twice and #1 and #2 RBs and starting LT lost for the season. They weren't that good anyway but the replacements were even worse. What a nightmare of a season.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Agree.

By adding the young legs we have some depth. I am looking for some good things from Ellington and Taylor.

Well maybe we'll get lucky like the Texans and Redskins but of the 17 RBs that went over 900 yards last season only 4 were taken after the 3rd round.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard