Steelers are a Bad Matchup

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Yes Pickett is struggling overall with his passing. Forget that. The Steelers don’t need to pass to trample the Cards. With 2 potential 1000 yard rushers this games figures to be a Cards fan‘s worst nightmare. Even if they hold early the Cards’ depleted DL will surely collapse from exhaustion by the fourth quarter. It will be painful to watch. Hopefully the offense can show some improvement to make the game worth watching. Otherwise, Custer had a better chance. Sorry!

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t think the Cards have ever beaten Tomlin.

Edit: oh wait, waaaaay back in 2007 in his first year. Breaston lol.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Hard to muster a game script for this one that works out. Maybe the Cards relentlessly target Patrick Peterson with everyone. Also, the backs inexplicably fumble over and over again.

The good news is that the weather forecast is 55 degrees with a chance for showers.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Yes Pickett is struggling overall with his passing. Forget that. The Steelers don’t need to pass to trample the Cards. With 2 potential 1000 yard rushers this games figures to be a Cards fan‘s worst nightmare. Even if they hold early the Cards’ depleted DL will surely collapse from exhaustion by the fourth quarter. It will be painful to watch. Hopefully the offense can show some improvement to make the game worth watching. Otherwise, Custer had a better chance. Sorry!
you better believe I’m starting Najee Harris this week.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the Steelers are looking at the Cardinals defensive depth chart and licking their chops. The Cardinals defensive front 7 is decimated by injuries especially up the middle. This will be a painful game to watch.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering how the Rams running game trampled us, I expect the Cardinals to put forth a game plan to force Pickett to beat us with his arm. Can he? On the other side of the ball, Petzing definitely should know that Steeler D really well from his Cleveland days. And team will play hard for Conner, as this is his homecoming. People are downplaying what the Rams can be. With the RB Williams playing, the Rams are 4-0. The game is in Pittsburgh, so the officials won’t let the Cardinals win. But, I do expect a better showing than what we saw against LAR. And McVay is a significantly better coach than what Tomlin is.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Considering how the Rams running game trampled us, I expect the Cardinals to put forth a game plan to force Pickett to beat us with his arm. Can he? On the other side of the ball, Petzing definitely should know that Steeler D really well from his Cleveland days. And team will play hard for Conner, as this is his homecoming. People are downplaying what the Rams can be. With the RB Williams playing, the Rams are 4-0. The game is in Pittsburgh, so the officials won’t let the Cardinals win. But, I do expect a better showing than what we saw against LAR. And McVay is a significantly better coach than what Tomlin is.
You had me until that last line… Tomlin is one heck of a coach. Guy almost never misses the playoffs. His teams are always tough.

Has never finished a season under 500 which is absolutely amazing being he’s been the coach there since 2007

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You had me until that last line… Tomlin is one heck of a coach. Guy almost never misses the playoffs. His teams are always tough.

Has never finished a season under 500 which is absolutely amazing being he’s been the coach there since 2007
I didn’t say he wasn’t a good coach. He is. But throughout his career he just gets outcoached either by the better teams or the better coaches. Just ask any true Steeler fan. I live amongst them & none of them argue that point.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I wish the Cards had enough on the DL to force Pitt to beat them through the air.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I didn’t say he wasn’t a good coach. He is. But throughout his career he just gets outcoached either by the better teams or the better coaches. Just ask any true Steeler fan. I live amongst them & none of them argue that point.
They're just mad that they kept getting bounced by Brady and Belichick. That dynasty warped the expectations of other fanbases with really good coaches.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
His strength is as a man manager and motivator. His weakness is pride and unwillingness to hire aspiring greatness. He'd rather go with inferior talent at key coaching positions on his staff than hire up and comers that he can't rule with his ego. I mean, Matt fricking Canada? And now the rumors are they really like the guy/guys calling the plays now? Their drafting and his management approach have kept them afloat, which is why he has the useless stat of not having a losing season--which just keeps them in purgatory with no chance of winning a trophy--but his ego limits the Stillers from achieving greatness again. In the old days, he was willing to work with stronger-willed assistants. No longer.

Stout

Reaction score
I love how the media is covering this game in da 'Burgh. This morning, they were firing out names to the co-hosts and they had to guess if the schmoes were actually real players on the roster. They didn't do well. Yesterday, one of the pundits predicted a "Steelers" style blowout win of 17-10.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They're just mad that they kept getting bounced by Brady and Belichick. That dynasty warped the expectations of other fanbases with really good coaches.
It wasn’t just B & B. His regular season record is HOF worthy, but his playoff record isn’t. And his only SB win was against a very flawed 9-7 Cardinal team & at 13-3, they were gifted that ring by the officiating. He now has a losing record in the playoffs & his vaunted defenses have given up at least 42 points in EACH of their last 3 playoff games.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
His strength is as a man manager and motivator. His weakness is pride and unwillingness to hire aspiring greatness. He'd rather go with inferior talent at key coaching positions on his staff than hire up and comers that he can't rule with his ego. I mean, Matt fricking Canada? And now the rumors are they really like the guy/guys calling the plays now? Their drafting and his management approach have kept them afloat, which is why he has the useless stat of not having a losing season--which just keeps them in purgatory with no chance of winning a trophy--but his ego limits the Stillers from achieving greatness again. In the old days, he was willing to work with stronger-willed assistants. No longer.

Fascinating. Thanks for sharing!

Stout

Reaction score
Fascinating. Thanks for sharing!
It's very strange because he is a national media darling. They don't look past the surface--ooh, he's never had a losing season, he must be great! Which he was in his salad days of coaching. Nowadays? I wouldn't want him as a coach. No thanks.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would loooove a useless stat of never having a losing season. :wink2: And I agree 100% with your assessment of the coaches he has now as opposed to back in the day from BA, to LeBeau. Now THAT was a staff!!!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guess I was right after all. I’ve lived in Steeler country for a long, long, time. Tomlin is vastly overrated as a HC & he got outcoached by a rookie HC today!!!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still think that highly of Tomlin? You should read what the true blue Steeler fans in my area are saying right now. If it were up to the fans, he would have been fired 5 years ago.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd