Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Episode IX) (2019)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know if you guys caught this but that was Luke's Lightsaber rebuilt that Rey had in her hands.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

:jedi:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calling it now! Darth Maul was in that speeder!

You must be registered for see images attach

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That is not only Palpatine at the end I think this confirms Rey is a Skywalker.

Best of all? This looks like it Retcons Rian's crap.

It was also cool seeing Lando again!
Or she is a clone of Luke...

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, JJ brought back Palpatine, huh? Is he bringing a FOURTH Death Star with him too?

Same Death Star and if It’s a Dark Force ghost I am down. Don’t know how I feel if this is a resurrection scenario.

Honestly this trailer made me feel like the first Force Awakens trailer. Hope it lives up to the expectations.

At the very least I hope it retcons The Last Jedi.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Stout next Christmas

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Nope. Couldn't stand the last one, and not interested in the "corrective" end to the sad trilogy. I made a lot of excuses for the first one, for all the copycat crap, because the rest of it was solid. I legit made a frickin' Spaceballs reference about a "dramatic" scene in the last one, which is pretty unforgivable.

I knew Solo would be a bad idea, and kept my money in my pocket, and I'll do it again here.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Nope. Couldn't stand the last one, and not interested in the "corrective" end to the sad trilogy. I made a lot of excuses for the first one, for all the copycat crap, because the rest of it was solid. I legit made a frickin' Spaceballs reference about a "dramatic" scene in the last one, which is pretty unforgivable.

I knew Solo would be a bad idea, and kept my money in my pocket, and I'll do it again here.
solo was fantastic..
at least it was as long as you take it for what it is...a first hand account of all the solo stories we already knew.

so far the two outlier movies have been the best in this generation of star wars.... Solo and Rogue one have by far been the best.

which is a shame because I really like the Rey character and would like to see more from her...assuming of course she isnt cut in half by kylo or something.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yup, remember all of the original rumors of his hand and the lightsaber? And then it was "calling to her". But nothing ever was followed up with that in TLJ?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, remember all of the original rumors of his hand and the lightsaber? And then it was "calling to her". But nothing ever was followed up with that in TLJ?

How can she be a clone!? That is an exact copy of you down to the genes, DNA and chromosome make up. Male to female would mean they have different chromosomes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How can she be a clone!? That is an exact copy of you down to the genes, DNA and chromosome make up. Male to female would mean they have different chromosomes.
So you’re okay with mitichlorians but not some Star Wars science that could splice in an X chromosome in a cloning process. Got it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you’re okay with mitichlorians but not some Star Wars science that could splice in an X chromosome in a cloning process. Got it.

Where did I say that? If you are asking, I thought the entire Midochlorians idea was one of the worst ever in the franchise. Also, Star Wars has already established Kamino was at the forefront of cloning technology and what a clone was which aligns with what we know about cloning technology today.

Lucas had a ton of great ideas but Midochlorians wasn’t a good one by a long shot. Then there is Rian Johnson’s entire fuel idea from the last film. Ugh!

Last edited:

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know it's a stretch, but like the possibility of Palpatine or Plagueis bringing anakin to life, I think there is something with Rey

But really I think that she is Kylos brother and something happened that caused Han, Leia and Luke to not know her. Like the force casting a shadow.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Yep I feel the same. I wont be fooled again.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's a stretch, but like the possibility of Palpatine or Plagueis bringing anakin to life, I think there is something with Rey

But really I think that she is Kylos brother and something happened that caused Han, Leia and Luke to not know her. Like the force casting a shadow.

I am really curious about how they bring Palpatine back into this. Was he the one pulling the strings with Snoke the entire time?

I just want a good movie. There are many fans who were not thrilled with ROTJ and the Ewoks. That was me and The Last Jedi. If this last movie is good I will be happy with the trilogy overall. If it sucks? That will be a different story.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same Death Star and if It’s a Dark Force ghost I am down. Don’t know how I feel if this is a resurrection scenario.

Honestly this trailer made me feel like the first Force Awakens trailer. Hope it lives up to the expectations.

At the very least I hope it retcons The Last Jedi.

I regret I can only like this once.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Where did I say that? If you are asking, I thought the entire Midochlorians idea was one of the worst ever in the franchise. Also, Star Wars has already established Kamino was at the forefront of cloning technology and what a clone was which aligns with what we know about cloning technology today.

Lucas had a ton of great ideas but Midochlorians wasn’t a good one by a long shot. Then there is Rian Johnson’s entire fuel idea from the last film. Ugh!
It’s really my snarky way of kinda making fun of the fact that you’re arguing about fictional science.