Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Episode IX) (2019)

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Never been a big Star Wars guy... even though my mom did date Luke Skywalker in high school

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Off topic:

You must be registered for see images attach

Why do they act like anakin got to go be a Jedi ghost when he died?

We're suppose to forget he murdered like 15 padwan 9 year olds in Revenge of the Sith? Because I didnt forget.

Dude is in hell. Tossing 1 emperor down a vent shaft doesnt make up for killing a bunch of kids.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Off topic:

We're suppose to forget he murdered like 15 padwan 9 year olds in Revenge of the Sith? Because I didnt forget.

Dude is in hell. Tossing 1 emperor down a vent shaft doesnt make up for killing a bunch of kids.

Ghosts by definition isn't heaven or hell. He is in limbo. The bigger question is why is Yoda and Obi in limbo? DAMN YOU FORCE!!!!!

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ghosts by definition isn't heaven or hell. He is in limbo. The bigger question is why is Yoda and Obi in limbo? DAMN YOU FORCE!!!!!

Yeah but he has the blue glow as if he's a good guy. I know an angelic image when I see one.

Bottom line is they think I forgot about this:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Off topic:

A better question would be, why does Anakin, who did all those things you mention plus hunting down all those Jedi, get to be a young, handsome version of himself while Yoda and Ben are stuck looking like geezers for eternity?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A better question would be, why does Anakin, who did all those things you mention plus hunting down all those Jedi, get to be a young, handsome version of himself while Yoda and Ben are stuck looking like geezers for eternity?

Once you go Dark, you don't get the skin of bark. Yoda and Obi should have taken a stroll down the Dark Side. It's good for the skin.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but he has the blue glow as if he's a good guy. I know an angelic image when I see one.

Bottom line is they think I forgot about this:

It's because he flipped on his death bed and turned back to the light side when he saved his son and tossed the Emperor over the edge. Maybe in the force, one good deed and you get the blue halo?

Speaking of tossing the Emperor, there's a cool video that talks about the size of Star Wars ships and what not. In Empire the Death Star was two or three times larger than the first, something like 500mi in diameter. Which meant at human terminal velocity it would have taken the Emperor about 2hrs to fall to his demise.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's because he flipped on his death bed and turned back to the light side when he saved his son and tossed the Emperor over the edge. Maybe in the force, one good deed and you get the blue halo?

Speaking of tossing the Emperor, there's a cool video that talks about the size of Star Wars ships and what not. In Empire the Death Star was two or three times larger than the first, something like 500mi in diameter. Which meant at human terminal velocity it would have taken the Emperor about 2hrs to fall to his demise.

The Bart Simpson Angle?

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Thats interesting. Makes sense.

But that also makes me wonder why he wasnt able to save himself. Because even with 20 minutes of falling, you have the opportunity to get your wits and assess the situation.

He may be old but hes still an extremely powerful user of the force. He couldnt somehow use his force to cushion is fall. Or even levitate a piece of metal sidewall over to himself and then surf that down?

Watching Jedi jump from ridiculous heights and land on their feet makes me wonder why a Sith Lord can die by something as silly as falling to your death.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Farming planet? In search of gluten free force infused crops?

P.S. Those horses must have been HOT under all that faux fur.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Off topic:

It's a pretty easy explanation. When he did all of those awful things, he was under the control of the dark side and the emperor. Even Obi Wan said that once that happened, the good man who was Anakin was gone. When he killed those kids and helped kill the Jedi, it wasn't Anakin but Darth Vader. Then after his confrontation with Obi Wan which left him scarred and nearly burned to death then rebuilt into the cyborg Darth Vader who was, as Obi Wan put it, "More machine than man, twisted and evil". When he picked up the emporer, tossed him down the shaft killing him while saving Luke and essentially sacrificing himself, he redeemed himself and he once again became Anakin Skywalker Jedi Knight. As for why he is young while Yoda and Obi Wan looked like they did when they died, you can thank George Lucas for that as in the original ROTJ ending, this is what Anakin looked like:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boom Ep IX The Rise of Skywalker

That's Palpatine's laugh at the end

That is not only Palpatine at the end I think this confirms Rey is a Skywalker.

Best of all? This looks like it Retcons Rian's crap.

It was also cool seeing Lando again!