Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Episode VII)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I admit it went over my head as well but I am slow...so there's that.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either way the hand idea is utterly ridiculous and sounds like George's writing is still with us. What the heck would be the significance of it? Who freaking cares? A dead Jedi's hand (CONFIRMED via the force Ghost scenes) is floating around in space and somehow untouched by the explosion and re-entry.

I can't see how this really serves as a plot device for the film unless the script is that shallow for the next film. I am still chalking this up to misinformation. Probably some folks are sitting back in JJ's camp laughing at the forum fodder and people really believing it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without gravity, wouldn't the hand just disintegrate?

Residual leftover Force powers? Think of the possibilities. John Wayne Bobbitt could have saved himself all that humiliation with those powers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without gravity, wouldn't the hand just disintegrate?

or burn up in the atmosphere coming back?

this plot theory sounds ludicrous to me. I mean, like horrific fanboy stupidity. I don't think JJ is the end all be all like some people do, but I give him A LOT more credit then coming up with something as stupid as this sounds.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the force keeps the hand intact, how would a lightsabre be able to separate it from a body?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the force keeps the hand intact, how would a lightsabre be able to separate it from a body?

In John Wayne Bobbitt's scenario that might be the one time that the dark side proves to be stronger than the light.

:jedi:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cause Luke's force was stronger than Darth's! Duh.

Speaking of that - when Vader threw the Emperor down the shaft, why couldn't the Emperor simply use the force to fly back up?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cause Luke's force was stronger than Darth's! Duh.

Speaking of that - when Vader threw the Emperor down the shaft, why couldn't the Emperor simply use the force to fly back up?

And what happens when the Emperor and Palpatine have a date on the same night?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Because they have a force jump but can't fly. Besides was he wearing his Nike spring shoes? That was a far way down.

I give him A LOT more credit then coming up with something as stupid as this sounds.

Yeah...this screams...misinformation to me.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhhhhh..... wasn't the hand that Luke cut off Vader a mechanical hand? If so, then so what if it was floating about in space?

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Saw a clip with JJ A. and the supposedly new X-wing... Question... Why do we need a new X-wing? ...And it looks more like the Z95 Headhunter (predecessor to the X-wing)

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Saw a clip with JJ A. and the supposedly new X-wing... Question... Why do we need a new X-wing? ...And it looks more like the Z95 Headhunter (predecessor to the X-wing)

Why do we need new Mustang convertibles that look like old Mustang convertibles?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's just from one of the Flashback scenes

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I ask..why not? A ton of time has passed since the last film and it's logical they would have upgraded their equipment. I think it would incredibly stupid to use the old models and I would doubt the could hold onto the galaxy with antiquated ships no?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn