Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Episode VII)

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
This could have all been prevented if they just used green screens and a 100% CGI Millennium Falcon...

...said no one ever.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UGH! Looks like Harrison Ford might be out for 6 months as it wasn't a broken ankle but a broken leg. They are saying the Studio is trying to figure out if they should delay the release of the film by 6 months or do rewrites to accommodate the injury.

Delay the release (at least 5.5 months...) and restore balance to the force...err...the pattern of release dates...

May 25, 1977
May 21, 1980
May 25, 1983
May 19, 1999
May 16, 2002
May 19, 2005
May 27, 2016 (instead of Dec. 18, 2015)

:jedi:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Delay the release (at least 5.5 months...) and restore balance to the force...err...the pattern of release dates...

May 25, 1977
May 21, 1980
May 25, 1983
May 19, 1999
May 16, 2002
May 19, 2005
May 27, 2016 (instead of Dec. 18, 2015)

:jedi:

Yep! Star Wars is for summer! I am starting to think Harrison Ford did it on purpose.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep! Star Wars is for summer! I am starting to think Harrison Ford did it on purpose.

Personally I think the Falcon bitched slapped him for taking so long to take her out for a spin. :D

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Paraphrasing a new line from the re-writes:

(Play Dejarik)

C-3P0: "But sir, nobody worries about upsetting a droid."

Han: "That's because droids don't snap your legs when they don't get their way. Star ships are known to do that."

C-3P0: "I suggest a new strategy, R2, let the Falcon win."

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pip Andersen And Crystal Clarke Join 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Cast

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...tml?utm_hp_ref=entertainment&ir=Entertainment

Pip Andersen and Crystal Clarke have officially joined the cast of "Star Wars: Episode VII," Disney announced in a press release on July 6.

Andersen is perhaps best known for his work as a parkour expert who showcased his skills in a Spiderman-themed ad for Sony in 2012. Clarke is also a relatively unknown actress; her first feature film, “The Moon and the Sun,” will debut in 2015.

Casting newbies in the anticipated "Star Wars" film shouldn't come as a surprise, as Daisy Ridley, another relatively unknown actress, is set to play a major role. On casting Andersen and Clarke, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said:

“The 'Star Wars' universe has always been about discovering and nurturing young talent, and in casting ‘Episode VII,’ we wanted to remain absolutely faithful to this tradition. We are delighted that so many traveled to see us at the open casting calls and that we have been able to make Crystal and Pip a part of the film."

Pip Andersen

Crystal Clarke

You must be registered for see images attach

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So dumb for so many reasons. How did it escape Bespin's atmosphere? How did it not burn up on entry to Tatooine's? I think it has no merit at all.
This was mentioned in the comments on that link. That's why I think it could be Vader's from Jedi that survived the Death Star explosion.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
haha, spoilers!!

Speaking of spoilers:

The synopsis says Han and Chewie are no longer piloting the Millennium Falcon. But we know Harrison Ford broke his leg on a Millennium Falcon door! So doesn't that already kind of disprove the stupid rumor?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of spoilers:

The synopsis says Han and Chewie are no longer piloting the Millennium Falcon. But we know Harrison Ford broke his leg on a Millennium Falcon door! So doesn't that already kind of disprove the stupid rumor?

I was going to call them all nerf herders, but I think that is a racist term for wookie slaveowners..

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I was going to call them all nerf herders, but I think that is a racist term for wookie slaveowners..

Not really. A Nerf is a cow-like creature. Like smaller versions of Banthas, I suppose. Not at all like a Wookie.

Also, you could be calling them the name of the band that did the Buffy the Vampire Slayer theme song. So not that insulting...

But if you were going to insult them with the phrase, you'd be using it wrong. "Nerfherder" is an insult about a person's socio-economic status. To call someone that slur is to imply they are from lower class origins.

I'd call them "Batha Poo-doo", which really isn't about feces, but it still does imply that they stink!!!

:D

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really. A Nerf is a cow-like creature. Like smaller versions of Banthas, I suppose. Not at all like a Wookie.

Also, you could be calling them the name of the band that did the Buffy the Vampire Slayer theme song. So not that insulting...

But if you were going to insult them with the phrase, you'd be using it wrong. "Nerfherder" is an insult about a person's socio-economic status. To call someone that slur is to imply they are from lower class origins.

They are more like Batha Poo-doo, which really isn't about feces, but it still does imply that they stink!!!

:D
Ah, ok great. Chewie doesn't like the term so I don't either.

And I would never quote Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Yuck.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This entire hand thing sounds incredibly weeny. I would be shocked if there is any validity to it. Especially, since it's become common knowledge they are now leaking false things to throw off the public versus trying to unrealistically stop all the leaks.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How is that possible if Luke saw Anakin's ghost/aura at the end of Jedi?
Not quite following this question. The ghost was a ghost.. The hand was the physical form. Lopped off by Luke to end their fight.

No, they said the implication of the hand was that Vader escaped the Death Star alive.
Vader's hand - lopped off by Luke - could have survived the explosion and been a drift in space.

But, the whole floating hand is stupid anyways.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not quite following this question. The ghost was a ghost.. The hand was the physical form. Lopped off by Luke to end their fight.

Vader's hand - lopped off by Luke - could have survived the explosion and been a drift in space.

But, the whole floating hand is stupid anyways.

There were some theories floating around (lol) that if the hand survived the explosion, why not Vader himself? Stupid, yes, but they were out there.